AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got 2228 this week, a new PB. Thanks to Brown with 310 and The Corne's boys with 264 between them. I had 11 players in the 100's along with 2 in the 90's.

2,272 this week for me. Still got some massive trades to make as well. 161k in the bank to snap up Bartel and possibly Cox.

supercoach next year :thumbsu: the salary cap is a issue, the good old days were awesome, michael johnson, massie..street...chad flectcher

Then you'd have to say, there is no chance this year of me winning a weekly prize considering my team.

I dont really like how everybody's team is the same, but you have to deal with it, and to do so you pick the best players at that range.

Heres my team (i'd say its a clone team, even though I tried to make some parts original)

Birchall
Adcock
Mattner
Koschitzke
McPhee
Shaw
Gilbee
Bartel (my unique choice at the start of the year :mad:)
Lappin
Dal Santo
Juud
Young (finally a player that not too many people would have)
Bruce (Clarke emg who i selected one week before he debuted)
Hille (another *unique choice*)
Cox
Chapman
J.Brown
Pavlich
Franklin
O'Keefe
Lucas
B.Johnson

That comes close to the cloniest team you'll see.
Not any more or less 'cloney' than most teams in the top 5k, mine included.
The thing is that although you may have tried to go unique with a guy like Hille, Mattner or Young; due to the current salary cap someone else can have all the other guys you do plus a Fraser, Carrazzo & Goodwin in place of those 3.

I know we have to 'deal with it', but it doesn't mean we have to do it quietly :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

supercoach next year :thumbsu: the salary cap is a issue, the good old days were awesome, michael johnson, massie..street...chad flectcher

Judging by the players you mentioned, you are referring to last year. Good old days LOL.

But you are right the cap is a scam, you would have to be a fair dud to not have 22 guns in your team by now.

The thing is that although you may have tried to go unique with a guy like Hille, Mattner or Young; due to the current salary cap someone else can have all the other guys you do plus a Fraser, Carrazzo & Goodwin in place of those 3.

I know we have to 'deal with it', but it doesn't mean we have to do it quietly :D

These players might matter in Overall Points, but if your focus is on a league win, doesnt matter how much of a high scoring player they are, they have to bring there game that week.

Its like when Franklin outscores Riewoldt, it makes me all happy knowing that my opponent has Riewoldt.

When it comes to finals, all i want to happen is that Young, Mattner and Hille beat your above mentioned players ;)

It will be a secret win for unique players in Australia :D

Plus it hurts like hell when your unique players get injured.

I lost Hird and Winderlich, pretty much my two most unique players, as a result I brought in a couple more clone players, my team is pretty cloney, I am currently 39th overall.

This year should be referred to as "attack of the clones".

Well i dont have many 'unique' players in my side. I suppose Bell would definitely be one and probably mcleod since i never hear anyone on this site say anything about him.

Jonathan Brown 10 goals! Awesome... kept my faith in him and he's repaying me nicely. I also noticed Kane Cornes is off the tagging role and out and about again. Cassisi is back to his low scores again (hoorah!).

Troy Simmonds with 86 DT points..... not bad considering the opposition. Could be picking up his game for the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back