AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be awfully defensive when ever anything comes up about it, thats all..

Defensive is the wrong word.
I am just very passionate about what i believe, and that is that a league with mates is more enjoyable than a league with randoms.
Answer this.
Why would i want to play in your league when you guys finished 2nd and we finished 3rd last year.
The competition is basically the same yet my league which i play in (which has continued on for 6/7 years now) is filled with my family/mates.
???

Defensive is the wrong word.
I am just very passionate about what i believe, and that is that a league with mates is more enjoyable than a league with randoms.
Answer this.
Why would i want to play in your league when you guys finished 2nd and we finished 3rd last year.
The competition is basically the same yet my league which i play in (which has continued on for 6/7 years now) is filled with my family/mates.
???

Mate who cares what other people choose to do.

Which TWO midfeilders are more consistent?

Hodge, Enright + Black.

At the moment I've got Hodge and Black, but I'm thinkin of replacing Hodge for Enright.

Black is proably the most consistent DT scorer in the league.
Ryder goes close. Consistent scores of 5-8. :p .

Black is proably the most consistent DT scorer in the league.
Ryder goes close. Consistent scores of 5-8. :p .

Haha, i dunno, i think this could be Ryders year. Maybe even a 12 or 13 in there somewhere.

But you still didn't really answer my question. It was mainly between Hodge and Enright i was trying to decide.

Who cares about consistency?

All that matters is who averages most at the end of the year.

Agreed. But it's easier to pick up inconsistent players later in the season. If you want both players eventually, you're better off grabbing the most consistent of the two at the beginning.

Re: players to look out for in dream team 07

alwyn davey: should play 90% of games for the dons.. showed great skill and pace in pre-season

Ben hudson: will be no:1 ruck for adelaide

Richard hadley.... should play most games... ya cant go wrong at 82,000

aaron edwards: should play for the roos now that thomo is out for season... also only 82

lachlan hansen and bryce gibbs:play most games.....

mark jamar: no:2 ruckman for melb. cheap as chips

chris scott: also will be in bris 22 cheap

luke darcy: will play every game if fit..............

soloman: cheap and should play every game considering he is one of freo's best defenders.... (well should be)

o'hailpin: looks good for carlton and should play well at CHB/FB

dempster; not 100% sure if play every game but yea

Alwyn Davey: should get a game ahead of Jetta 90% games seems optimistic to me (will improve in value)
Ben Hudson: definitely will improve in value (Not an elite scorer)
Richard Hadley: may miss early rounds but will likely be a soda when he actually plays
Aaron Edwards: I expect that he will play and will improve in value if he does
Lachlan Hansen: I think he might play later in the season
Bryce Gibbs: Will play and will improve in value - probably won't emulate Murphy's success though
Mark Jamar: I believe he will improve in value - and get plenty of game time.
Chris Scott: there is a question mark as to whether he will ever play again - certainly not likely to play in first half of season
Luke Darcy: a third "value" ruckman - shakes head - there is nothing wrong with Luke - just that he is unlikely to produce elite scores consistently. I might put him in for the value he will accrue. I would probably have Cox and one of Lade or Sandilands, then Luke (if I had lots of spare money) then a real cheapie ruck.
Solomon: averaged under 50 last year - not good value
o'hAilpin: may end up being good value, but I don't have him
Dempster: only bit part player - may benefit if Sydney start to get some of the injuries that are way past due.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to post my team... Not scared of people copying it seeing as though im pretty bad at this so you'd have to be stupid to copy it. Just wanted some advice on how to upgrade my rucks or who I should downgrade because im currently bankrupt and I want some money to make early trades for the ones starting on good form. Also can i have any comments on my balance between the pricey ones and the rookies/cash cows. Cheers
deleted team

Looks like a reasonable team ^^^. I have 16 of the same players and are considering 6 others that you have chosen.

What do people think of M Lappin $317.5k in defense?
K Johnson $285.6k vs M Murphy $296k in the centre?
Embley $324k in the forward line? Will he be marked better after his GF efforts & with Cousins gone or will he get more time in WCE's midfield & therefore more DT points?

Embley $324k in the forward line? Will he be marked better after his GF efforts & with Cousins gone or will he get more time in WCE's midfield & therefore more DT points?[/quote]

I have K. Johnson, i think he will have a good yr, its a good point you raise about Embley i might try and squeeze him in my side.

Decided to post my team... Not scared of people copying it seeing as though im pretty bad at this so you'd have to be stupid to copy it. Just wanted some advice on how to upgrade my rucks or who I should downgrade because im currently bankrupt and I want some money to make early trades for the ones starting on good form. Also can i have any comments on my balance between the pricey ones and the rookies/cash cows. Cheers
72167949dp6.png
Your team looks very solid.
I wouldn't be too worried about keeping money at the start, you have about 14 players who will definitely rise in value (all of your bench save maybe Renouf) and Brown, Franklin, Hudson, Foley, Lappin, Adcock and Kosi. Hopefully about 5 or so of those players can turn out regulary high performances, and you use your trades wisely, i suggest not changing anything at the moment.
Good work

Re: players to look out for in dream team 07

polak or x.clarke???
I think polak might go alright this year given the way richmond like to play kick to kick in the backline. If he changed his name to bowden he could be the 3rd player in their private kick to kick game.

I think Clark will give you good value as long as he stays fit which is the big question marks as far as i'm concerned.

72167949dp6.png

Very similar team to mine.

i'm stillll undecided on..

Birchall & Rischitelli & O'Keefe

OR

Sam Fisher & Nigel Lappin & Brad Johnson (this combination costs slightly higher though, around 16k)

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated....

Looks like a reasonable team ^^^. I have 16 of the same players and are considering 6 others that you have chosen.

Embley $324k in the forward line? Will he be marked better after his GF efforts & with Cousins gone or will he get more time in WCE's midfield & therefore more DT points?

M.Lappin - PASS. Unbelievably inconsistent.
K.Johnson - PASS. Will be used as Richmonds number one tagger.
A.Embley - RISKY. Good price but he plays for West Coast. Enough said.

72167949dp6.png

You will be thereabouts this year.
I say this because I have 19 of the same players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back