AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Merged "What do you think of my dream team?" threads

dt.jpg

My updated team. Only $34,000 left over but alot more balanced.

does anyone know how pendlebury and nathan jones went in practice matches? who will be better?

Jones was in Melbourne's best in every practice match. Definitely a better choice though Pendlebury looks set for a big year too.

With Bradshaw's injury, will Will Hammill possibly get some games for the Lions? he's only a cheap $69,600 and I'm tempted to go for him instead of Xavier Ellis as a backup defender. My other backup defender is Hansen. Thoughts?

For any Hawks fans. Now that we are a few days away from the season proper, does it look likely that Ellis will play a lot this year? Not so much interested in if he will play round one but whether he will get a decent number of matches throughout the year

I'd go for Joel. About the same price but Joel is a proven preformer. Patrick has simply had one good year of getting cheap touches. Now other teams will put more effort into countering Patrick while Joel will, at least I think he will, continue to rack up the possessions off the half back flank.

Re: Dreamteam Steals

ben mcglynn is an absolute steal! at 160,000 he is amazing value. average 81.5 from his 4 games, takes marks and gets a lot of free kicks

He had 4 cracking games in a row last year, then he got dropped.

Can a Hawk supporter tell me why?

Also my DreamTeam theory is different. I don't care if Ben Hudson doesn't get me 100 points per game. I would be happy with 65. Just as long has his valve goes up. Once his valve goes up to $250,000. I will trade him for a $70,000 player and sit him on the bench. Then with the difference $180,000 I will trade a player worth $200,000 and pick up a player worth $380,000.

I used this theory last year and it worked a treat.

H.Shaw or P.Bowden?

This is my backline atm

C.Cornes
H.Shaw/P.Bowden
J.Bowden
J.Sinclair
A.McPhee (will be released this year with Mal Michael at fullback)
J.Adcock (rediculously low price, will rise)
J.Koschitzke (will also rise in price)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good players dont generally equal good dreamers mate.

They will be better suited in SC generally as it rewards contested marks, and goals a tiny bit more.

Stay away from Neitz and Gehrig unless you reckon they will increase there marks and possesions a bit this yr.

Have some queries on these group of players, in that are/will they be probables or possibles for this yr regarding form, potential, relaibility !?
G.Birchall;
A.Walker;
R. Crowley;
J.Russell;
B.Gibbs;
J.Selwood;
L.Thomas;
N.Djerrkura;
J.Reiwoldt;
T.Hawkins;
B.Dowler;
C.Hughes;
S.Gumbleton;
R.Murphy;
M.Williams;
M.O'laughlin;
A.Monfries;
Also choices of ruckmen !?
Please fwd any veiws, mutchy appreciated.Thank christ there is still 4 days til kick-off....:confused::confused::confused:

Have some queries on these group of players, in that are/will they be probables or possibles for this yr regarding form, potential, relaibility !?
G.Birchall;
A.Walker;
R. Crowley;
J.Russell;
B.Gibbs;
J.Selwood;
L.Thomas;
N.Djerrkura;
J.Reiwoldt;
T.Hawkins;
B.Dowler;
C.Hughes;
S.Gumbleton;
R.Murphy;
M.Williams;
M.O'laughlin;
A.Monfries;
Also choices of ruckmen !?
Please fwd any veiws, mutchy appreciated.Thank christ there is still 4 days til kick-off....:confused::confused::confused:

Out of that list i have strongly considered -

A.Walker;
J.Russell;
B.Gibbs;
J.Selwood;
L.Thomas;
T.Hawkins;
A.Monfries;

Oh and i cant wait for this season to kick off - what you mean thank god we have more days to go.... start now!!!

Re: Merged "What do you think of my dream team?" threads

Thoughts please for a serial DT underachiever

untitledgs2.png
Bizzel hold down a place? Will he start the season in the 22? If not who comes in for him, boyle or Hatlett. Not ideal.

Having Gibbs starting is a gamble considering he hasn't played a game of AFL before, but a nice benchwarmer for cash and emg.

Huge forwardline with Johnson Cornes and Roo. But hows roo going? don't think he's up to scratch yet, might be worth buying him later in the season.

i would really like to hear some peoples thoughts on:

n. lappin - when will be play

b. gibbs v. j. selwood v. n. djekurra... - gibbs looked the worst out of the lot in the NAB but who will get most gametime?

m. rischitelli - can he continue his stellar NAB cup form?

rodan - looks much more confident and stronger this year than last

d. motlop - showed signs late last yr but is he going to struggle?

I assume Lappin will play round 1.
Gibbs is pretty certain to get 22 games. Selwood is a good pick up also, sure to get a fair few games.
Rischitelli will be fairly inconsistant I would think, will star some games, but will also have some shockers.
Rodant showed some good for in the NAB and will definately go up heaps if he gets games under his belt.
I wouldn't trust Motlop.

Doesn't seem to be on the Dees injury list, so I don't know.

I need to pick out of Chapman/Buckley/Lloyd/Hall

Rest of my forward line:
Brad Johnson
Matthew Pavlich
Ryan O'Keefe
Jason Akermanis
Nathan G. Brown
Aaron Edwards

Doesn't seem to be on the Dees injury list, so I don't know.

I need to pick out of Chapman/Buckley/Lloyd/Hall

Rest of my forward line:
Brad Johnson
Matthew Pavlich
Ryan O'Keefe
Jason Akermanis
Nathan G. Brown
Aaron Edwards

Bucks wont be back until round 4.

Oh forgot about that thanks. I'm leaning toward Chappas. I'd probably go Riewoldt but there's doubts over him, but still a chance for Round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back