Not open for further replies.
I have made the following changes just now:

IN
BACKS - Montgomery, Thurgood
FORWARDS - Raph Clarke

OUT
BACKS - Bizzell, Hartlett
FORWARDS - Riccuito

A couple of questions - first do the changes make sense. And second, how much game time is Thurgood going to get, and is Raph Clarke fit (I could have also taken Ash McGrath in place of him).

thurgood, i dont rate him, dont think the hawks fans to either. RAph clarke, injured for about 8 weeks i think. Montgomery, i dont know how he will go this year, dont know if he will even get a game.

The players you have taken out makes sense, roo is old and injured, bizzell could come good and is very cheap, maybe keep him on the bench. Heard mixed responses to hartlett.

what are peoples thoughts on brett jones? i few people seem to have him in their team, i have the option of upgrading to polak but it means i now have 4 richmond players in my team, whereas with jones i would only have two west coast players - ive been trying to keep a maximum 3 players from the one club in my starting 22 - so far i have 15 clubs represented
Max 3? I have 5 lions:D

Birchall/Mclean IMO. Johncock is average and Bruce is too expensive. Save some money for other areas.

Would you agree Goddard is too expensive? What about Judd?

How do you guys determine if a good player that is a proven scorer is too expensive?

I think Brad Johnson is too exspensive but I have the little bastard!

I'm a massive Goddard fan as far as this goes.

give it up! What does it matter? :eek:

Gus what general startegies would you care to share with a novice?

That brings up another point... we should be able to f***in say what we think works without everyone doing the same.

with all the tools on here with an unfinished team I cant say anything about my team or strategy

That brings up another point... we should be able to f***in say what we think works without everyone doing the same.

with all the tools on here with an unfinished team I cant say anything about my team or strategy

Fair enough. You take it all a little seriously imo. But I RESPECT your thoughts.

:thumbsu:

How do you guys determine if a good player that is a proven scorer is too expensive?

He is worth it IMO.

i wouldnt have johno personally. I know i will probably get proven wrong because he is one of the true champions of the game. But the way i see it, with a fit murphy and darcy, the inclusion of aker and doogs and the fact his legs are a year older means that he could drop off a couple of points. Not much, but i dont think he will average 100.

'Oh Bull****.

Don't lie mate.

Admit it and apologize.

These petty insults will get you nowhere.

I bet you $1000 you don't make top 100?

That's a very stupid bet, this guy knows the most out of anyone on this board... and i'd bet on him coming to 10 this year.

He is worth it IMO.
goddard or Brad Johnson?

I hate the forwards in this game. I enjoy picking the rest.

I think the forwards category forces you to spend a bit more than the others...less decent options imo

IMO, it doesnt particulary matter how expensive they are if your looking for a few gun starting 22 players. Doesn't matter a lot if they go down in value a bit because you shouldnt be buying them with the intenition of trading at all. You also need a few gun players to hold together your team and to rotate as captain. No point in buying 30 cash cows when u only get 20 trades.
So, if you think Judd, Johnno and Goddard are all going to average about the same as last year, get on them.

Oh and, Akermanis or Fev (assuming he lines up for round 1)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think all three are overpriced but then again they are all very solid DT performers. If Judd wasn't at West Coast at the moment I'd consider him for my squad.

Goddard is a little too pricey for my liking but definitely worth it if you've got the money and IMO everyone should wait for Johnson to go down before putting him in there team this season. Not going to be as influencial as the past couple of years I don't think.

IMO, it doesnt particulary matter how expensive they are if your looking for a few gun starting 22 players. Doesn't matter a lot if they go down in value a bit because you shouldnt be buying them with the intenition of trading at all. You also need a few gun players to hold together your team and to rotate as captain. No point in buying 30 cash cows when u only get 20 trades.
So, if you think Judd, Johnno and Goddard are all going to average about the same as last year, get on them.

Oh and, Akermanis or Fev (assuming he lines up for round 1)?

I like your thoughts...and

Fev is a player I would happily trade from Carlton. So my opinion is biased. His knee is a worry.

And Aker wouldn't be in my team. But that is why I am a dud at this game. I let my opinion of players get in the way. Too emo.

But if I had to have one of the two I would go Fev.:eek:

I have Aker atm. Had Fev for ages though.

Aker has been consistently brilliant (even last year when he played he was amazing for all the turmoil surrounding him).

Either he goes to WBD, gels immediately and has a huge 'revenge' tour this year. Or he takes a while to fit in and is slow off the mark. I have no idea really. Here's hoping for scenario one.

I like your thoughts...and

Fev is a player I would happily trade from Carlton. So my opinion is biased. His knee is a worry.

And Aker wouldn't be in my team. But that is why I am a dud at this game. I let my opinion of players get in the way. Too emo.

But if I had to have one of the two I would go Fev.:eek:

:eek: your a Carlton supporter and you want the Blues to get rid of Fev?

How the **** are you going to kick goals then?

The skill is recognizing the talent before they explode. It's too late after they explode (i.e. Heath Shaw)

True, but Shaw isn't a good example. I think he'll improve on last season but dunno if that'll translate into more DT points. He is a bit overpriced at the moment and tends to give away 3-4 free kicks a game so that has scared me off him a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back