AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
show us it then...I reckon my new one has sum awesum potential

You are dreaming if you think i will post it on here.
I will make a few more changes after i see the line-ups for Round 1 but right now it looks phenomenal.
You can ask me questions, but i am not posting my team.

Re: Choosing a midfield

Leave Gibbs in he is great value and will have a good season. I know he had a quiet NAB cup but is worth the punt. Of those 3 i would go witht he last one. Rischitelli is a good choice, Murphy will have a huge year. Generally got players who will go up in value. Another good one to add to that mix is Tambling. Has been burning up the track preseason and will get a lot of it.

What do you think of this Midfield?

Scott West
Nick Dal Santo
Daniel Kerr
James Hird
Marc Murphy
Nathan Foley

What do you think of this Midfield?

Scott West
Nick Dal Santo
Daniel Kerr
James Hird
Marc Murphy
Nathan Foley

you wont get much improvement from west, dal santo, kerr or hird.
dont get hird, he is old and injury prone and overpriced. better, cheaper options
murphy and foley are good

You are dreaming if you think i will post it on here.
I will make a few more changes after i see the line-ups for Round 1 but right now it looks phenomenal.
You can ask me questions, but i am not posting my team.

Name 5 players;

2 Backs
1 Centre
2 Forwards

:D

Goal Sneaks bargian buys.

Here are the top 10 players that you would be stupid not to have in your 30.

1 - Justin Koschitzke 139,400. I know he is injury prone but if he gets going he is in the elite. Probably best to start as a reserve but should be in the starting line-up very quickly.
2 - Aaron Edwards 82,300. Edwards is going to be the focal point of the Roos forward line with the injury to Thompson. He wont be a superstar but will contribute 70 points a week and is a safer bet at that price than a rookie.
3 - Richard Tambling 233,400. I know this will lead to critism but Tambling is ready to explode. Had 30+ touches in a practice match the other week and has been one of the tigers best preseason. With more time in the middle this year he may just be a 100+ player.
4 - Bryce Gibbs 117,300. Believe the hype guys this guy is the package. It won't take him long to find his feet in the big time and expect similar returns to Murphy last year.
5 - Lance Franklin 223,800. Buddy is ready to dominate the AFL. He is agile and spends a lot of time across half forward which should see him in the points each but has the ability to score bags of goals which will create 100+ games.
6 - Nathan G Brown 235,600. Players who are coming off serious injuries are often good to pick up. Browny is in the elite and provided he is fit he will be a dream team gun again.
7 - Luke Darcy 166,900. - Like Brown is coming back from injury. I don't think Luke will have a great season but it is important to have scoring reserves. Either way Darcy's value will increase and you can offload him or keep him for backup to your 2 rucks.
8 - Nigel Lappin 196,400 - Expect Lappin to be a prolific scorer with soft touches across half back while Matthews nurses him back into the demands of AFl football.
9 - Matthew Pavlich 356,300 - The Pav is at this price while Buckley is some 30,000 higher. Pavlich will be a certain 100 points a week player and is a possible captain.
10 - Xavier Clarke 230,100 - Dominated the practice match last week and may be finally ready to deliver on his potential. At 230,000 is a cheap starter. Provided he does not succumb to injuries again he is a bargain buy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Choosing a midfield

The first looks good. I have Lappin as well but the latest is he may not play for a couple of rounds (he is having a hitout on the weekend...so we may know more next week) so I am not sure if you want him in your starting lineup

Re: DT Dilemma

hawkins is a good year off AFL football, dont bother

nathan jones will be a VERY good earner this year, gets plenty of it

Which midfield is better?

Hodge
Kerr
Embly
K. Johnson
Hasleby
N. Lappin

or

Hodge
Mclean
Bartel
L. Ball
Rodan
N. Lappin

What is better:

Raines and Embley/Aker

or

Monfries and Milburn/Gilbee?

Here are my thoughts so far:
Raines Vs. Monfries
I think that raines is a brilliant young player and also had a better 2006 than monfries but im leaning towards monfries because of his pre-season form and his role in the team (midfield/forward as apposed to running defender)

Aker Vs. Embley
They are both stars and both had a worse DT season in 06 than in 05. I think aker is more likely to score big and his ego will make him want to show the lions what they have lost but he is more of a risk as he could be injury prone and/or just be getting past it. Embley is safer and a star but less likely to get big scores IMO. Let me know your thoughts if you know more about these 2. I could be missing something.

Milburn Vs. Gilbee
I can't really split the two apart from the fact that I think Milburn is likely to push further forward. I don't have much on these 2. Help from people who know more would be appreciated.

Re: Goal Sneaks bargian buys.

have to dispute a few points made in the above.

edwards, whilst being a focal point of the roos attack is not gonna be averaging 70 points a game. he is on my bench as he will be for most DT, but he is small, not quick and gonna rely on his good hands to take marks on the lead. with the roos terrible delivery not to mention the eternity it takes to get down there, he is gonna have all his leading space blocked and will find it difficult to get his hands on the pill. i will be happy for him to avg 50-60 this year.

pavlich, not worth the money in my opinion. whilst he is consistent, very rarely racks up massive numbers like the lloyds, fevs, richo's do for the sameish price tag. plus we are yet to truely see how he and tarrent are gonna match up together.

gibbs, not been impressed so far, and this is where ppl that leave him out can get an advantage over the rest of the comp. nearly EVERYONE will have him and i think there are better options for increased value than him.

I was wondering if any of you would have information on the following players regarding injury and likelihood of playing round 1 (and been fit):
Koschitze, Ellis, Hadley, Darcy, Hawkins..??????

bris fans, or anyone... will leuenberger start rnd 1, or get many games in the year?
...& same Q re. Renouf?

DT Dilemma

Any help would be great guys:

Higgins or McGlynn (Centres)

Lach Hansen or Richard Cole (Backs)

Haselby, Nathan Jones or Rischitelli (Centres)

Richard Hadley, Lindsey Thomas or Andrew Brown (Centres)

Is gibbs better than armitage and selwood?

And Finally what are ppls thoughts on Tom Hawkins??

Help with team

Backs:
Milburn
Johncock
Adcock
Mcphee
Walker
Waters
Koschitzke
Reserves are Boyle, Riggio.

Centres:
West
Mitchell
Kerr
Enright
Rischitelli
Murphy
Reserves are J.Selwood, Browne.

Rucks:
Sandilands
Darcy
Reserves are Hudson, Griffin.

Forwards:
Chapman
Pavlich
Fevola
Bock
Monfries
Franklin
Davey
Reserves are Edwards, Krakouer.

I have $160,000 left, and im not too sure about Chapman or Mcphee. Any other help would be appreciated. This is for Supercoach btw.

Told you guys to look out for LennyDogs. Currently coming 8th overall in World Cup Cricket Dreamteam. Imagine when it comes to footy.

Watch out!

You remind me of this goose at work... constantly talks himself up and produces nothing.

I bet we stop hearing from you come Round 17, like most of the coaches who run out of trades. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back