AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: my dreamteam. advice please

I think that Ruck division is gonna hurt you personally. Maybe you should look at increasing it's value a bit. The rest is pretty good. - Not too many 'money-bag' players which I like. You'll go alright if you trade smart.

I think that Ruck division is gonna hurt you personally. Maybe you should look at increasing it's value a bit. The rest is pretty good. - Not too many 'money-bag' players which I like. You'll go alright if you trade smart.

yer i did have cox in stead of everit but figured hes price is gunna go down alot. went the conservative approach nothing over 350 k

Re: What is everyones Dream Team 07 starting 22 ???

thanks!

I'm still sure there is a hidden goldmine that I haven't found

That's right, keep digging. Ignore the money hungry players. Either they have a good season and their price stays the same, or they'll have a bad season and their price will plummet. Anyone that picks Jonathon Brown, Lenny Hayes, Brad Johnson or a similar priced player should take my advice.

I have no problems with Spider. he's in my starting 22 afterall. It's the other 3 I'd worry about. I'd try to get a Sandilands or someone to work with Spider and then keep Darcy on the bench as backup.

Spider's great value, but he's fragile. You have to be prepared for the occasional injury.

Nice depth. :thumbsu:

Lol, I think Funkalicious is the only one here who would actually compliment your "depth". Generally, having expensive players on your bench is regarded as a bad thing. I'm not saying make them all useless, but most people would agree with me that your emergencies are a little TOO good, and as a result, your starting 22 are a little too crap.

Hi guys, thoughts on my team would be much appriciated :)

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Backline: Adcock, Mcmahon, Ellis and Bowedon look good. Rest are baad.
Midfield: Better options than richetelli, priddis, brown.
Ruck: GREAt. Identical to mine as a matter of fact.
Forward: Brown is too highly priced, and there are better options than corrie and cambell.

Hi guys, thoughts on my team would be much appriciated :)
Solid team IMO. There are better cheap ackline options than Gaspar and Roughhead. Chick is risky depeding on how the off field stuff affects him.

Priddis?

I'd put kosi in the back line for chick and get a better forward.

Lol, I think Funkalicious is the only one here who would actually compliment your "depth". Generally, having expensive players on your bench is regarded as a bad thing. I'm not saying make them all useless, but most people would agree with me that your emergencies are a little TOO good, and as a result, your starting 22 are a little too crap.

You have to be kidding me! So you think everyone should just concentrate on their starting 22 and if they get an injury, just trade as necessary? ... You won't last the season with that plan. There simply is not enough trades to handle all your injuries.

With your strategy, you'll be nothing more than April Champions (or should that be April Fools). You may top your league for a little while, but you'll have 2 major problems you'll have to face. Firstly, any expensive 'elite' players you take now will only go down in price. Not all of them will, but on average they'll slip. - The reason being, is that the actual 2007 elite players haven't established themselves yet. There's no point paying big money in the hope that they'll match last season. Much safer just to take an up and coming player that is guaranteed to improve. The second problem, as I've already mentioned, are the injuries. Without suitable backup, your starting 22 will require higher maintainance, and that means more trades.

It's a dangerous strategy to take, short-sighted, and it leaves absolutely no room for error. But good luck all the same.. :cool:

I have no problems with Spider. he's in my starting 22 afterall. It's the other 3 I'd worry about. I'd try to get a Sandilands or someone to work with Spider and then keep Darcy on the bench as backup.

Spider's great value, but he's fragile. You have to be prepared for the occasional injury.

What's wrong with Hudson, number 1 ruckman at Adelaide this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree too, but thats provided your rookies/kozi's/bizzell's and so on have a good beginning to the season, but they wont have to score much to rise in value as they are so cheap now.

My theory is, no matter how good the players may be, if you have 22 players that are certain to rise in value, you're gonna have a prosperous season. :)

Re: Help with team

Is Kosi worth having on the field or should i upgrade to someone around the 350 mark?? Any suggestions on good defenders at this price?

You have to be kidding me! So you think everyone should just concentrate on their starting 22 and if they get an injury, just trade as necessary? ... You won't last the season with that plan. There simply is not enough trades to handle all your injuries.

With your strategy, you'll be nothing more than April Champions (or should that be April Fools). You may top your league for a little while, but you'll have 2 major problems you'll have to face. Firstly, any expensive 'elite' players you take now will only go down in price. Not all of them will, but on average they'll slip. - The reason being, is that the actual 2007 elite players haven't established themselves yet. There's no point paying big money in the hope that they'll match last season. Much safer just to take an up and coming player that is guaranteed to improve. The second problem, as I've already mentioned, are the injuries. Without suitable backup, your starting 22 will require higher maintainance, and that means more trades.

It's a dangerous strategy to take, short-sighted, and it leaves absolutely no room for error. But good luck all the same.. :cool:

Lol, I knew this was coming... Alright mate, we're just talking strategy, no need to fight, so just calm down ;)

I reckon there are plenty of decent bench options who are almost as good, and half as cheap. Having bench options who will play and having bench options who will get 70 points that don't count are two totally seperate things. Or if you are gonna have some quality reserves, why get two quality players? Like that guy with Hudson AND Darcy. Why not just get Hudson/Darcy and Griffen instead? That way, you've got one quality reserve ready, and another pretty decent one prepared for the unlikely event both your rucks are out. And you save so much cash!

Or if you're getting the reserves simply to make money out of, that's just stupid. If theyre good enough, put them on the field, and just upgrade them when their price goes up. If theyre not that good, then you'd be way better off with a rookie who can only go up in value, probably by 150k+

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm just trying to say that there are two sides to the argument. Either way you're either risking a low score from your emergencies, or you're risking having a too weak 22. There are pros and cons of both sides.

But I tell you what, I'll be happy to compare scores at the end of the season. :p

alrite fellas, barrel me:

Backs:
C. Cornes
L. Gilbee
D. Fletcher
B. Thorton
J. Roughhead
J. Adcock
S. O'halpin
L. HAnsen
X. Ellis

Centres:
C. Judd
A. Goodes
N. Dal santo
L. Hodge
D. Wells
N. Foley
B. Gibbs
J. Selwood

Rucks
C. Mooney
L. Darcy
B. Moran
B. Hudson

Forwards:
B. Hall
M. PAvlich
G. Ablett
B. Ebert
N.G. Brown
L. Franklin
J. Koschitzke
B. Reid
A. Davey

Well here's my 22 for argument's sake:
I'll probably start with these guys

Backs:
A.McLeod
L.Gilbee
A.Walker
M.Mattner
A.Hunter
T.Croad
J.Adcock

Mids:
M.Murphy
P.Hasleby
P.Burgoyne
S.Higgins
N.Lappin
M.Rischitelli

Ruck:
D.Cox
P.Everitt

Forwards
J.Akermanis
J.Waite
W.Tredrea
A.Monfries
N.Brown
L.Franklin
D.Motlop

The bench is:

J.Koschitzke
L.Hansen

B.Gibbs
J.Selwood

A.Sandilands
C.Wood

Al.Davey
T.Hawkins

Basically the only thing missing from this team are the 'elite' players like Judd, Bowden, Hodge, Brown, Johnson, ect... Personally I don't think those guys have enough room for improvement unlike the rest on my team. I have 1 exception: Cox. He'll be my captain. After a number of weeks, I expect every player in my squad to go up in value significantly, at which point I can buy the world. Early on I may struggle, although I reckon I'll get by. By season's end however, look out!

alrite fellas, barrel me:

Backs:
C. Cornes
L. Gilbee
D. Fletcher-better options
B. Thorton- same as fletcher
J. Roughhead
J. Adcock
S. O'halpin- wont get many points will play at fb most games
L. HAnsen
X. Ellis

Centres:
C. Judd
A. Goodes
N. Dal santo
L. Hodge
D. Wells- too inconsistent for dt
N. Foley
B. Gibbs
J. Selwood

Rucks
C. Mooney
L. Darcy
B. Moran
B. Hudson
bench is too expensive for rucks

Forwards:
B. Hall
M. PAvlich
G. Ablett
B. Ebert- not good for dt
N.G. Brown
L. Franklin
J. Koschitzke
B. Reid
A. Davey

ok team but you can still really improve it.

hey am new to dream team but like to think i no a bit bout footy.. any thoghts on it for DT purposes or any clear areas for improvemnt

Back: Cornes Milburn Bowden McPee WAters Adcok Kossi (Ellis Williams WB)

Centre: Goodes Hodge Haselby Higgins Lappin Murphy (Armitage Gibbs)

Ruck: Cox Darcy (Husdon Ryder)

Forward: Hall Pavlich Lloyd Embley Brown Franklin Davey (Gumbleton Edwards-kang)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back