AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd let you guys know that Jack Riewoldt will be playing this week. Just one to keep an eye out on to see how he goes. May be a cheap downgrade option in the future.

What does everyone think of me trading Jared Brennan to get Warren Tredrea. I couldnt beleive his current price at $250000.

I would hold off on that trade. I'd want more evidence that Tredders is back to his old dominant self. Even if he scores 100 this week he will only go up by around 5k and you will hardly miss the boat.

I would hold off on that trade. I'd want more evidence that Tredders is back to his old dominant self. Even if he scores 100 this week he will only go up by around 5k and you will hardly miss the boat.

Fair enough, ive just about had it with jared brennan tho. Just watching his performance against carlton he was pretty ordinary

Fair enough, ive just about had it with jared brennan tho. Just watching his performance against carlton he was pretty ordinary

He is like that every year. My first rule when selecting dream teams is keep away from Brennan - even if it looks like he will start being consistant resist the urge. A string of bad performances are only around the corner.

My other rule is get both Cornes...:D

He is like that every year. My first rule when selecting dream teams is keep away from Brennan - even if it looks like he will start being consistant resist the urge. A string of bad performances are only around the corner.

My other rule is get both Cornes...:D

My gut said dont get brennan but for some reason i got him. I have Chad Cornes but not Kane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point there, i was thinking of trading monfries and ottens for tredders and j. brown but now that you say he will only go up a few k if he scores 100 that makes me rethink. I would still trade to get brown but could upgrades adock, kossy or ellis to mcphee. im unsure though as i think these two have alot of room for improvement. suggestions?

do you guys think it is worth trading either marc murphy, pendlebury or foley for luke power at this stage?

Just made the Foley for Power trade. Right time for it I think PLUS Foley is giving me the %^&%^% with all the frees against he is racking up. he is averaging 3-5 per round just a wast of points.

Brennan for Chris Newman a good trade?
Or should i use my cash to upgrade Kennelly to Gilbee?

I have Newman, and he goes pretty well. Only problem is, you just never know what his position could be next week with Wallet at the helm.

Having said that, a lot of people are jumpin off Brennan pretty quick. I'd be interested to know why they picked him up if they were only going to drop him 2 weeks later. I'd give him another month to find some form.

Therefore, I'd suggest you swap Kennelly for Gilbee. Kennelly could be out for a fair while (up to 8 weeks), and Gilbee looks the goods especially with the high-possession game the dogs play.

What does everyone think of me trading Jared Brennan to get Warren Tredrea. I couldnt beleive his current price at $250000.
I think it's a pretty good trade.
Sure, Tredrea might drop in price again this week, but so will Brennan, so you might not be able to afford that trade next week.
And, if you are confident Tredrea can become the gun player he used to be, you are upgrading a cash cow to a premium in one trade.

Alright, as I'm not sure how to post the pic of my team, I have typed it out below. Can someone tell me where I should look to improve my team?

Backs: C Cornes, Carrazzo, Sinclair, Newman, Waters, Jacobs, Adcock, Ellis, Riggio
Centres: Simpson, Hasleby, Hodge, Hayes, Foley, Lappin, Hadley, J King
Rucks: Sandilands, Hudson, Griffin, Jacobs
Forwards: Pavlich, T Cloke, Embley, Hall, Al Davey, N Ablett, Burton, Koschitzke, M Campbell

Obviously, I need to probably trade Hayes this week (although I will wait and hear how long he is officially out for).

Alright, as I'm not sure how to post the pic of my team, I have typed it out below. Can someone tell me where I should look to improve my team?

Backs: C Cornes, Carrazzo, Sinclair, Newman, Waters, Jacobs, Adcock, Ellis, Riggio
Forwards: Pavlich, T Cloke, Embley, Hall, Al Davey, N Ablett, Burton, Koschitzke, M Campbell

Obviously, I need to probably trade Hayes this week (although I will wait and hear how long he is officially out for).

Looks like a pretty good team, although it is concerning that you have to play N.Ablett, which i see to be your only real weakness at this stage. Your backline is top notch, whilst your centreline could potentially use some work, particularly in terms of such players as Lappin and obviously Hayes.

what are peoples thoughts on Matt Lappin this year?

Stay well clear of him, i picked him up last year following a run of 4 or so weeks where he scored around the 100 mark, but from then on, whilst he still posted scores close to 90 he was way too inconsistent. One week he'd score as low as 40 and the next he'd score 80, which was very frustrating. Nonetheless, choose at your own peril! :) ;)

Looking to bring in Luke Power, but unsure who to trade. Currently have the following midfield...

Hasleby
Fiora
Salopek
Rischa
Foley
Lappin
Rodan
Priddis

Any thoughts? (Money is not an issue.)

hayes with a cracked collarbone should miss 5-6 weeks but you may be able to carry him thru if lapping comes back and hadley keeps his form.

to me your weak point is the forwards with tcloke, davey and nablett there. al davey obviously if scoring well so would be of little concern but nablett and cloke are gonna be very inconsistent over the course of the year. would be looking to upgrade cloke and nablett at some point and upgrading newman to a gun later on.

jacobs hammys arent the best so you should keep an eye on how many games he will play this year. if he comes back and does it again i would try to offload immediately. very risky player - can score high but can also easily break down very early on in games.

depending on trades and how the season pans out you may free up enough cash to upgrade hudson to a better ruck and also upgrade foley and/or lappin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back