AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so this may be a newbie question but, could Porps be a keeper for 22 rounds, increased time in the centre and getting alot of the pill, can he be a keeper with out an upgrade ? Thanks Lads

Absolutely is the anwser
he is rapidly rising in money and he is scoring 100's and solid 70's and 80's. He could be a great 6th or 7th forward.

obviousily Riewoldt, Pavlich, BJ, JB, Chapman are the top 5. Whilst then you look at Richo, SJ, Lucas, Okeffe, Franklin and to a lesser extent Porpz and Didak.

Porps could finish in the top 15/20 forwards come end of season.

With the help of some generous rookies
Pfeifer, Scott DT, Bird, Ebert, West, Gamble, Tippet

I plan to do the following trades throughout the season
Newman- Burgoyne
Symes- Drummond
Wonameri- Goddard
Jones- Mitchell
Stevens- Kornes
Tredrea- SJ
Rioli- Chapman

which would give me the following team
B:Cornes, Bowden, Shaw, Burgoyne, Drummond, Waters, Goddard
C:Cross, Stanton, Priddis, K.Cornes, Mitchell, Palmer
R: Mcintosh, Simmonds
F: Pavlich, Riewoldt, B.Johnson, Chapman, J.Brown, Hill, Cloke

that is 14 trades (including rookies), plus the 2 i have already used which is 16, which leaves me with flexibility with injuries

knowing me, the following will probalby completley change, but i would be pleased with that

Newman- Burgoyne
Symes- Drummond
Wonameri- Goddard
Jones- Mitchell
Stevens- Kornes
Tredrea- SJ
Rioli- Chapman

that is 14 trades (including rookies), plus the 2 i have already used which is 16, which leaves me with flexibility with injuries

knowing me, the following will probalby completley change, but i would be pleased with that

These two trades are very questionable considering you would still have Hill and Palmer in your team until the end of the year. Look to upgrade the worst performs before you make the two trades i have highlighted in bold.

hey guys just wondering if u got any advice:thumbsu:

Backs : King, Thornton, S.Fisher, Gram, Pfeifer, Mattner, Symes
Midfield : Corey, Cross, Judd, Stanton, Stevens, Jack
Rucks : Cox, Simmonds
Forward : Brown, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Fevola, Franklin, Rioli, Gamble

got 111,800 left in the bank. scored 2131 this week, but was thinking of trading gram for someone or gamble because i only got tippet and hartlett on the pine:thumbsu:

hey guys just wondering if u got any advice:thumbsu:

Backs : King, Thornton, S.Fisher, Gram, Pfeifer, Mattner, Symes
Midfield : Corey, Cross, Judd, Stanton, Stevens, Jack
Rucks : Cox, Simmonds
Forward : Brown, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Fevola, Franklin, Rioli, Gamble

got 111,800 left in the bank. scored 2131 this week, but was thinking of trading gram for someone or gamble because i only got tippet and hartlett on the pine:thumbsu:

your backline looks ordinary...

your backline is the key because i can see that most off your backmen killed it this week but your backs will have the tendancy to give you less consistency than you hope...

don't do trades for the sake of it or because your bored...play ps3 or something:thumbsu:

Ok, so this may be a newbie question but, could Porps be a keeper for 22 rounds, increased time in the centre and getting alot of the pill, can he be a keeper with out an upgrade ? Thanks Lads

Nice question Ryder and the answer is a positive, definite, maybe.

Hard to tell but he could average 75-80, depends on injuries to other mids, Goodwin staying up forward and his own form. Vince has spent some time in the middle so he would make way before Porps but he has looked very good in there. Personally, given the value of BJ, JB and Riewoldt I would be looking to upgrade in 2-3 weeks (be it Hill or Porps or both) to get them in as they will average 90+ by years end.

Nice question Ryder and the answer is a positive, definite, maybe.

Hard to tell but he could average 75-80, depends on injuries to other mids, Goodwin staying up forward and his own form. Vince has spent some time in the middle so he would make way before Porps but he has looked very good in there. Personally, given the value of BJ, JB and Riewoldt I would be looking to upgrade in 2-3 weeks (be it Hill or Porps or both) to get them in as they will average 90+ by years end.

I'm surprised you said that last sentence. Porplyzia is averaging 90 atm, i think Porplyzia would be one of the last you would upgrade even considering the prices of BJ, JB and Riewoldt. Wouldn't it be better to upgrade your liabilites which would be the rookie first? If luck doesn't go your way (injuries and suspension) wouldn't it be better to have Porplyzia at the end of the year than someone like Hill, Palmer etc?

Which set of upgrades would you do?

Houli-Kornes
Morton/Palmer/Masten/Bird- Swan

or

Houli-Kornes
Didak-Chapman
Mattner-Milburn
Symes-Goddard
Deledio-BJ

Newman- Burgoyne
Symes- Drummond
Wonameri- Goddard
Jones- Mitchell
Stevens- Kornes
Tredrea- SJ
Rioli- Chapman

Wow, only leaving 4 trades for injury?! So far I've had Mackie, Hall, Lucas, Lloyd (traded in for Lucas :() and Dempsey all getting left out, as well as bench players. Obviously at this stage of the season I'm not going to trade out Mackie, Dempsey or Lloyd, but in the last 8ish rounds I wouldnt carry a player for more than 3 rounds, and I wouldn't want to carry anyone in the finals. And not only is the need to replace injuries more necessary later in the year, but many more injuries occur.

If you're leaving yourself only 4 for the whole season you're a very, very, brave man. Good luck :thumbsu:

I'm surprised you said that last sentence. Porplyzia is averaging 90 atm, i think Porplyzia would be one of the last you would upgrade even considering the prices of BJ, JB and Riewoldt. Wouldn't it be better to upgrade your liabilites which would be the rookie first? If luck doesn't go your way (injuries and suspension) wouldn't it be better to have Porplyzia at the end of the year than someone like Hill, Palmer etc?

I guess it really depends where you see his maximum. If you see him sustaining 90 avge you would hold him for the season. If you see that dropping to 75-80 that means he is overpriced his current average and the premiums mentioned are underpriced. If the difference is 60K up and 60K down then you have picked up 120K with one trade.

I do take your point though about trades (or lack thereof). Porps could certainly hang on as a 7th back averaging 80. I had the same situation with TCloke last year and kept him for the season. But if you could get 2 of BJ, Roo and JB by using only 3 trades (which Porps would allow) this could be worthwhile.

Really depends on how many gaps your team has and whether you are in damage control or upgrade mode.

Which set of upgrades would you do?

Houli-Kornes
Morton/Palmer/Masten/Bird- Swan

or

Houli-Kornes
Didak-Chapman
Mattner-Milburn
Symes-Goddard
Deledio-BJ

Hold on a second...

Why do you want to trade Didak out?!

And how many more points do you expect Goddard to average over Symes? Many better options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't regard Didak is a keeper, and I don't rate him over Johnson or Chapman. If he gets a few more 90s and 100s then I'll re-evaluate though.

20 points more from Goddard over Symes. Of course I can switch Goddard to Gilbee, Waters, Fisher... but Goddard is the example

I guess it really depends where you see his maximum. If you see him sustaining 90 avge you would hold him for the season. If you see that dropping to 75-80 that means he is overpriced his current average and the premiums mentioned are underpriced. If the difference is 60K up and 60K down then you have picked up 120K with one trade.

I do take your point though about trades (or lack thereof). Porps could certainly hang on as a 7th back averaging 80. I had the same situation with TCloke last year and kept him for the season. But if you could get 2 of BJ, Roo and JB by using only 3 trades (which Porps would allow) this could be worthwhile.

Really depends on how many gaps your team has and whether you are in damage control or upgrade mode.

Yeh, there's to many variables at the moment to answer this question properly.

Ryder, i think ask the question in a few weeks time and the answer would be much more clearer either way.

I don't regard Didak is a keeper, and I don't rate him over Johnson or Chapman. If he gets a few more 90s and 100s then I'll re-evaluate though.

20 points more from Goddard over Symes. Of course I can switch Goddard to Gilbee, Waters, Fisher... but Goddard is the example

Ok, well any of those alternatives for Goddard look better, except maybe Fisher. But I wouldn't trade off Symes just yet, should still post some good scores in the middle.

I agree that BJ or Chapman will possibly average about 10 more than Didak, but I would think that would be one of the last upgrades any team would need to do.

Is the Godddard issue due to injury vulnerability? Because I see his scores as very high but agree that he's a risk

Ok, well any of those alternatives for Goddard look better, except maybe Fisher. But I wouldn't trade off Symes just yet, should still post some good scores in the middle.

I agree that BJ or Chapman will possibly average about 10 more than Didak, but I would think that would be one of the last upgrades any team would need to do.
Only thing is, I've got no real issues that come out strikingly. Waiting for Ellis and Bradshaw to max out and in the forwards I have Porps left who I think is a keeper and better than Didak. So now i can pretty much upgrade freely I guess whilst waiting to trade in my rookies

I have 280,000 left

Not saying that at all mate. I just meant that Goddard isn't the best option going around, not that Symes isn't worth upgrading. Capiche?

Yes i understand, but what i was saying is i think it isn't true, IMO there aren't better options around that price than Goddard. Why would Gilbee or Waters be a better choice than Goddard?

Is the Godddard issue due to injury vulnerability? Because I see his scores as very high but agree that he's a risk

Yeah, that's a factor. But also because the Saints backline is changing, with Gram and the Fisher boys doing alot more of the running out of defence. I just don't think the ball will be travelling through Goddard's hands as much as it did a couple of years back.

Waters is a good option I would think. Went to the Sydney v WC game on the weekend, and was very unlucky to have not scored double what he did. He seemed to be around the ball constantly (spent alot of time in the middle), but Sydney never let the ball escape. Should have a great year. I would go him over Goddard personally, but if you reckon Goddard then go for gold coz you shouldnt just do what some guy on bigfooty tells you to do.

I wonder if Kreuzer will play this week, played 52% on the ground and Hampson is pushing for selection from what I've heard...What do you reckon Cruiser...? Will he get dropped, or will they stick with him..?

Only thing is, I've got no real issues that come out strikingly. Waiting for Ellis and Bradshaw to max out and in the forwards I have Porps left who I think is a keeper and better than Didak. So now i can pretty much upgrade freely I guess whilst waiting to trade in my rookies

I have 280,000 left

Again, I'm not telling you what to do, just trying to help and give you my advice.

I would say Didak is definitely more of a keeper than Porps. Didak is getting good numbers, and very few cheap possessions (well that's what it looked like from watching the game, could be wrong). Porps will be thrown further forward when the crows midfielders return in Knights and Reilly, whereas Didak seems to be very comfortable where he is. I realise Didak might not be as good value coz he's higher priced, but I think he will score better over the whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back