Stevens- Kornes
Tredrea- SJ
Rioli- Chapman

which would give me the following team
B:Cornes, Bowden, Shaw, Burgoyne, Drummond, Waters, Goddard
C:Cross, Stanton, Priddis, K.Cornes, Mitchell, Palmer
R: Mcintosh, Simmonds
F: Pavlich, Riewoldt, B.Johnson, Chapman, J.Brown, Hill, Cloke

that is 14 trades (including rookies), plus the 2 i have already used which is 16, which leaves me with flexibility with injuries

knowing me, the following will probalby completley change, but i would be pleased with that

Im going to uprgrade Tuck proberly within next 2 weeks for bartel and get rid of Baz for Mckliney who will shoot up in price.
Will need to uprgrade

Wonaman
Barlow
Dyson/Bird
Gamble
Rioli- Later on in season
Mckliney - If i get him
Palmer

Players like Symes, Ellis and Porps are deferred-decision players. As long as their prices increase--which will happen for at least another 2-3 weeks--you keep them in your team and find other players to upgrade. (If you have no other upgrades whatsoever, I would suggest you sit tight, unless a very good opportunity like Porps -- JB comes up. Even then you can wait at least a week from today.)

After a few weeks they'll be close to peaking and that's when you trade them out, or keep them-depending on trades left and the structure of the rest of your team.

They will either rise or hold in value, so I'd take care of other parts of my team first. By the end of the season I think Porps might be in my team but not a Symes/Mattner type player.

Spot on Kid A. Nice post. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

your obviously incapable of reading
what he had done isnt what you had done and what he had done isnt what 99.99999% of people have done when they tear their acl
he had radical surgery, instead of whatever they normally do whether they graph it back together or get from another part of the body he had a ARTIFICAL one put in

its only been done in australia a handful of times

the upside- much shorter recovery time, eg he can play a lot sooner then what most people think, eg rd 9

the downside- higher chance he will do his acl again

just because you have had a knee op doesnt mean you know everything about a surgery that you have never had

anyway but the sounds of it im flogging a dead horse because nothing is getting through
i hope you can see the light of what has happened
maybe do some research about what has happened rather then seeing ACL and just assuming its a one year thing, because from all reports from sydney its not
It seems the only research youve done on the matter is look up an article in the Sun and taken it as gospel that he will be back by round 9.If you read the article correctly it says he is aiming for a round 9 return not he will definately be returning round 9.It also says that he has only recently started doing straight line running which means his knee is no where near strong enough to do twisting turning type changes of direction and given that round 9 is only 4 weeks away i cant see him returning by then.Dont always believe what you read in papers cause they get it wrong often enough

I have Lonergan on my bench who looks like being out for at least 3 weeks.
Providing I have no more inj. etc. I can cover him with my mids looking like this - Bartel , Sewell , Salopek , Stevens , Houli & Palmer (emerg. Jack & Lonergan.)

My question is do you think I should hang on to him as when he comes back he will still rise in value as his b/e is 1. or should I cash him in for Wonaeamirri would give me an extra 72k in the bank & if he continues to get his avg. over the next 3 weeks would be worth approx. 170k.

I have 17 trades left ATM.

I am thinking the latter would be the better option in my opinion just wondering your thoughts.

This is my potential movements for the next two weeks (depending on how players go this week of course)

This week: Bird --> Wonaeamirri

This will leave me with about $96,000 in the bank, and Bird is the lowest scoring midfielder I have. Only other options are Bartram or Palmer but I think they both have plenty more to come. Also have Griffen and Stevens in the midfield but have no reason to trade them yet. Need some cash to do some upgrades!

Next week:

In:
BJ
Defender about $320,000 (Gilbee, waters etc) any ideas?

Out:
Cloke
Ellis

What do people think? Ellis has exceeded my expectations so far, but I'm not sure how much longer he can keep it up. That trade is moreso dependent on players scores in the next round, as it could determine whether or not I can afford any defenders that are keepers.

Any Ideas?

ATM my bank is $27,700

This is my potential movements for the next two weeks (depending on how players go this week of course)

This week: Bird --> Wonaeamirri

This will leave me with about $96,000 in the bank, and Bird is the lowest scoring midfielder I have. Only other options are Bartram or Palmer but I think they both have plenty more to come. Also have Griffen and Stevens in the midfield but have no reason to trade them yet. Need some cash to do some upgrades!

Next week:

In:
BJ
Defender about $320,000 (Gilbee, waters etc) any ideas?

Out:
Cloke
Ellis

What do people think? Ellis has exceeded my expectations so far, but I'm not sure how much longer he can keep it up. That trade is moreso dependent on players scores in the next round, as it could determine whether or not I can afford any defenders that are keepers.

Any Ideas?

ATM my bank is $27,700
I would wait till the sides come out on Wonaemirri as his price will rise this week if he gets a game but i dont think he has played that well early on to justify his spot in the side.Personally i think its a waste of a trade going rookie to rookie and i think Bird still has the potential to make some more cash for you if you persist with him

I would wait till the sides come out on Wonaemirri as his price will rise this week if he gets a game but i dont think he has played that well early on to justify his spot in the side.Personally i think its a waste of a trade going rookie to rookie and i think Bird still has the potential to make some more cash for you if you persist with him
Yeah, i'll definitely be waiting on the teams this week. My other option is to trade Proud for Wona, but that won't give me as much cash. I have 18 trades left, and am only planning on making at most 3 trades over the next 3 weeks (this being one of them).

I'm looking at upgrading Cloke for BJ definitely, and then would love to upgrade Ellis at some point, but with very little cash I will have to get the timing perfect... My ideal scenario would be to have BJ, Gilbee/Waters/Birchall, Wona at round 7... should be better than Cloke, Ellis, Bird/Proud for the future. Thoughts?

It seems the only research youve done on the matter is look up an article in the Sun and taken it as gospel that he will be back by round 9.If you read the article correctly it says he is aiming for a round 9 return not he will definately be returning round 9.It also says that he has only recently started doing straight line running which means his knee is no where near strong enough to do twisting turning type changes of direction and given that round 9 is only 4 weeks away i cant see him returning by then.Dont always believe what you read in papers cause they get it wrong often enough
ive read it in numerous articles actually
i havent even read that one, just googeled it to show what has been happening

Maybe but who do you trade bird to once he does peak ther doesn't see m to be that many rookie mids coming through. None will be at the price of wona. What you have to consider is if bird is going to rise enough to offset the 72,000 price of wona. Cotchin is at least 30,000 more expensice IIRC.

ive read it in numerous articles actually
i havent even read that one, just googeled it to show what has been happening
Well then i wouldnt say youve done much research on the matter at all then if your going to pick bits of articles out without even reading them to prove a point.As i said earlier newspapers dont always get it right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but who do you trade bird to once he does peak ther doesn't see m to be that many rookie mids coming through. None will be at the price of wona. What you have to consider is if bird is going to rise enough to offset the 72,000 price of wona. Cotchin is at least 30,000 more expensice IIRC.
If you havnt got Sellwood from West Coast this week is your chance to get him as i reckon he could be a good cash cow and will play some games given their lack of depth in the midfield. Theres always a chance that a rookie may get a run later who hasnt played yet that no one knows about which can usually happen.Trades this early on should only be used if you have to but trades on rookie-rookie combinations are a bit of a waste in my opinion

If you havnt got Sellwood from West Coast this week is your chance to get him as i reckon he could be a good cash cow and will play some games given their lack of depth in the midfield. Theres always a chance that a rookie may get a run later who hasnt played yet that no one knows about which can usually happen.Trades this early on should only be used if you have to but trades on rookie-rookie combinations are a bit of a waste in my opinion

Maybe but you will make approx 80k out of the bird->Wona trade. Just have to consider if i will make that much out of bird in the future or if his value has peaked.

Rookies will consistently come through the ranks. Who would have picked Wonamerri 2 weeks ago.

Trent Cotchin in 3-4 weeks possibly, Shane Valenti maybe, Jack Grimes if over his injury.

They will be around. Jake King and Jesse Smith spring to mind from last year.

Barry Hall has been reported for seven weeks, will this be a negative or positive impact for Ryan O'Keefe DT wise do people think...?

The reason I ask, is because I'm thinking of doing Hall-->O'Keefe, getting rid of a confidence player and in comes a gun/keeper...Thoughts...?

Well then i wouldnt say youve done much research on the matter at all then like you said you did in earlier posts
actually yeah i have
when he first ahd the operation there was speculation he could be back as early as rd 6/7
the doctor who did the operation (forget which country he is from) said it is a 12 week rehab, anywhere up to a 6month rehab, not a 12 month rehab like a regular acl joint
so going from the doctors recommendation after teh surgery he was due to be fine mid march, thats now been pushed back to late march as they are obviously being cautious with him

he actually began running about the 25th/26th/27th march only about 4.5 weeks after the initial surgery and since then has been running at least every second day without a limp, whereas a regular acl natural graph they dont normally start jogging from anywhere to 3-4months. so he has been running regularly for 3 weeks now

dw i agree with your beliefs, it is unheard of in australia for a acl victim to come back so quickly but apparently they have had lots of success in europe with this technique.

malceski will also be put through an intense workload before he is allowed to start playing

anything else you want me to recall?

Barry Hall has been reported for seven weeks, will this be a negative or positive impact for Ryan O'Keefe DT wise do people think...?

The reason I ask, is because I'm thinking of doing Hall-->O'Keefe, getting rid of a confidence player and in comes a gun/keeper...Thoughts...?
I had a look into this to see if there was any correlation when Hall missed last year.
Wasn't really any link between them and I'll be doing the same trade as you. ROK will be a top 7 forward (He got 90 odd points with no marks 2 weeks ago) and I already have BJ,Brown,Riewoldt and Pav.

actually yeah i have
when he first ahd the operation there was speculation he could be back as early as rd 6/7
the doctor who did the operation (forget which country he is from) said it is a 12 week rehab, anywhere up to a 6month rehab, not a 12 month rehab like a regular acl joint
so going from the doctors recommendation after teh surgery he was due to be fine mid march, thats now been pushed back to late march as they are obviously being cautious with him

he actually began running about the 25th/26th/27th march only about 4.5 weeks after the initial surgery and since then has been running at least every second day without a limp, whereas a regular acl natural graph they dont normally start jogging from anywhere to 3-4months. so he has been running regularly for 3 weeks now

dw i agree with your beliefs, it is unheard of in australia for a acl victim to come back so quickly but apparently they have had lots of success in europe with this technique.

malceski will also be put through an intense workload before he is allowed to start playing

Doctor was a frog which is a cause for concern in itself but if anyone will get it right it will be the Swans.

I had a look into this to see if there was any correlation when Hall missed last year.
Wasn't really any link between them and I'll be doing the same trade as you. ROK will be a top 7 forward (He got 90 odd points with no marks 2 weeks ago) and I already have BJ,Brown,Riewoldt and Pav.

Ok, so that could be a positive...
I wanna get BJ in next week, I'll do Cloke--->BJ, then my forward setup would read...JB,BJ,ROK,Pav, SJ, Deledio & Cyril...That'd be my final forward trades for the year barring injury as I think that forwardline could last me right up until the end of the year...

Ok, so that could be a positive...
I wanna get BJ in next week, I'll do Cloke--->BJ, then my forward setup would read...JB,BJ,ROK,Pav, SJ, Deledio & Cyril...That'd be my final forward trades for the year barring injury as I think that forwardline could last me right up until the end of the year...

I would be highly surprised if this does not require an upgrade. Small bodied rookies get very tired in the back half of their first year.

I would be highly surprised if this does not require an upgrade. Small bodied rookies get very tired in the back half of their first year.

Yeah, you are probably right, I'm probably being a bit wishful...:D

actually yeah i have

So then let me ask you then?Do you honestly think he will be back by round 9 given the fact he hasnt done much if any any sideways running yet and will probably need to play a few games in the twos to get match hardened for senior footy.After all thats what the thread was basically about in the 1st place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back