AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
when johncock peaks likely next week, is trading him for goddard a sideways trade? im just making an upgrade imo

goddard > johncock, so yes, it's an upgrade. By how much is a different question.

Yes i understand, but what i was saying is i think it isn't true, IMO there aren't better options around that price than Goddard. Why would Gilbee or Waters be a better choice than Goddard?

See above post.

I wonder if Kreuzer will play this week, played 52% on the ground and Hampson is pushing for selection from what I've heard...What do you reckon Cruiser...? Will he get dropped, or will they stick with him..?

It's a tough one. Hampson didn't play in the VFL last week, still struggling with he knee injury i feel (only played 36% against the Bombers). Don't see any reason why we they would drop him in the short term.

It's a difficult situation because the ideal ruck combination IMO would be Kruezer and Hampson but Cloke is playing so well. Hartlett should come back in and play CHF (because Kruezer can't carry that position as of yet) so to carry him, Cloke, Hampson and Kruezer is a little top heavy IMO. Honestly i don't have the real long term answer to the question.

What are people doing with players such as Symes/Mattner/Porplyzia/Didak/Medhurst etc. Bought them expecting a good year, but they've played above average and seem to be going up alot in price. They wont be at peak price for another 2-3 weeks though. Keepers or trade off??

It's a tough one. Hampson didn't play in the VFL last week, still struggling with he knee injury i feel (only played 36% against the Bombers). Don't see any reason why we they would drop him in the short term.

It's a difficult situation because the ideal ruck combination IMO would be Kruezer and Hampson but Cloke is playing so well. Hartlett should come back in and play CHF (because Kruezer can't carry that position as of yet) so to carry him, Cloke, Hampson and Kruezer is a little top heavy IMO. Honestly i don't have the real long term answer to the question.

Oh ok, so Kreuzer will be ahead of Hampson atm...
Hopefully Hartlett comes back in, kicked 4 goals last week in the VFL didn't he..?

What are people doing with players such as Symes/Mattner/Porplyzia etc. Bought them expecting a good year, but they've played above average and seem to be going up alot in price. They wont be at peak price for another 2-3 weeks though. Keepers or trade off??

I'm keeping Symes I think, is good enough to be one of the last defenders on the field...Don't have Mattner or Porplyzia, but I'd imagine Porps might be a keeper, but you might wanna offload Mattner when Malceski comes back...But time will tell, a few injuries might happen next week...:thumbsu:

Oh ok, so Kreuzer will be ahead of Hampson atm...
Hopefully Hartlett comes back in, kicked 4 goals last week in the VFL didn't he..?

Kruezer is ahead of Hampson atm because Hampson is carrying an injury and isn't 100%. I would have thought he would be ahead of Kruezer if he was 100%. Kruezer is a unique player and could play many positions. It's a difficult situation, I really have no idea what Ratten plans to do with him thoughout the year.

Yes, Hartlett did kick 4 on the weekend but didn't get in the bests.

I'm keeping Symes I think, is good enough to be one of the last defenders on the field...Don't have Mattner or Porplyzia, but I'd imagine Porps might be a keeper, but you might wanna offload Mattner when Malceski comes back...But time will tell, a few injuries might happen next week...:thumbsu:

Yeah, the only players i have in this sort of category are Symes/Porplyzia. Thought i'd throw in the other few to help people who have them, and get thoughts on those players also.

Kruezer is ahead of Hampson atm because Hampson is carrying an injury and isn't 100%. I would have thought he would be ahead of Kruezer if he was 100%. Kruezer is unique player and could play many positions. It's a difficult situation, I really have no idea what Ratten plans to do with him thoughout the year.

Yes, Hartlett did kick 4 on the weekend but didn't get in the bests.

Yeah, I'd imagine Hampson might take over the ruck mantle at sometime throughout the year and Kreuzer might have to make way...

Hartlett kicked 4 but didn't get in the bests in the VFL...?!! He must of come off onto the bench every time he got a goal, and came back on 10 mins after each one...:D

Yeah, the only players i have in this sort of category are Symes/Porplyzia. Thought i'd throw in the other few to help people who have them, and get thoughts on those players also.

You really think Porplyzia is more of a keeper than Didak? Not saying you're wrong, just wondering why you think that.

Hartlett kicked 4 but didn't get in the bests in the VFL...?!! He must of come off onto the bench every time he got a goal, and came back on 10 mins after each one...:D

Apparently Hartlett kicked 3 goals in 5 minutes. Two people gave two different reports on him. One said he went missing at times and the other said he was a step above VFL level and was very impressed with his all-round game.

You really think Porplyzia is more of a keeper than Didak? Not saying you're wrong, just wondering why you think that.

I did before the season. Decided to pick Porplyzia over Didak.. just so i could have enough cash to get J.Bowden, hasnt worked out that well so far but hopefully he gets back into thier 22 and plays some good DT footy :). Back to my point - Just watching Porplyzia against Hawthorn.. he just looked right, i dont know how else to put it. The move up the ground and more into the midfield is working wonders. He's put up some very nice numbers over the first 4 games and his side isnt really killing it.

I'm not saying Didak isnt a keeper though, i had him in my team for the whole pre-season till about a week before. He's put up some good scores so far, and whose to say who wont continue them

Apparently Hartlett kicked 3 goals in 5 minutes. Two people gave two different reports on him. One said he went missing at times and the other said he was a step above VFL level and was very impressed with his all-round game.

That's good to hear someone say he is a step above VFL level, and could turn it on when required...Thanks for the insights of a Carlton supporter...:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people doing with players such as Symes/Mattner/Porplyzia/Didak/Medhurst etc. Bought them expecting a good year, but they've played above average and seem to be going up alot in price. They wont be at peak price for another 2-3 weeks though. Keepers or trade off??
I think Mattner and Porps are keepers as theres no real reason why they cant continue to score well throughout the season and i cant see Malceski coming back to play this year to take Mattners spot.As for Didak and Medhurst i reckon you should trade them when they reach their peak cause they just arnt consistant enough to warrant keeping them

I think Mattner and Porps are keepers as theres no real reason why they cant continue to score well throughout the season and i cant see Malceski coming back to play this year to take Mattners spot.As for Didak and Medhurst i reckon you should trade them when they reach their peak cause they just arnt consistant enough to warrant keeping them

Ummm... surely it's the exact opposite? Mattner and Porps are the two which do have reasons why they mightnt score well. Malceski will come back and most probably take the HB possies, and Knights and Reilly will come back and that could affect Porps. Didak and Medhurst don't have such concerns, and I think Didak was actually pretty consistent last year. Consistently average, but still pretty consistent for a forward.

Do you know something I dont???

Ummm... surely it's the exact opposite? Mattner and Porps are the two which do have reasons why they mightnt score well. Malceski will come back and most probably take the HB possies, and Knights and Reilly will come back and that could affect Porps. Didak and Medhurst don't have such concerns, and I think Didak was actually pretty consistent last year. Consistently average, but still pretty consistent for a forward.

Do you know something I dont???
Yes i do.For a start i cant see Malceski coming back at all this year so Mattner has his spot for the year and whilst he is scoring so well why would you trade him,As for Porps i reckon his form warrants him being ahead of Reilly and Knights atm and he will probably rotate in the midfield with the two but i still expect Porps to play the majority of time on ball with possibly Reilly and Knights rotating with him and even when Porps is having a spell they tend to rest him in the forward line for which he is capable of bagging a few goals

Players like Symes, Ellis and Porps are deferred-decision players. As long as their prices increase--which will happen for at least another 2-3 weeks--you keep them in your team and find other players to upgrade. (If you have no other upgrades whatsoever, I would suggest you sit tight, unless a very good opportunity like Porps -- JB comes up. Even then you can wait at least a week from today.)

After a few weeks they'll be close to peaking and that's when you trade them out, or keep them-depending on trades left and the structure of the rest of your team.

They will either rise or hold in value, so I'd take care of other parts of my team first. By the end of the season I think Porps might be in my team but not a Symes/Mattner type player.

Yes i do.For a start i cant see Malceski coming back at all this year so Mattner has his spot for the year and whilst he is scoring so well why would you trade him,As for Porps i reckon his form warrants him being ahead of Reilly and Knights atm and he will probably rotate in the midfield with the two but i still expect Porps to play the majority of time on ball with possibly Reilly and Knights rotating with him and even when Porps is having a spell they tend to rest him in the forward line for which he is capable of bagging a few goals
i dont think u know as much as you think u do
malceski has already been doing straight sprinting and is expected back around rd9

i dont think u know as much as you think u do
malceski has already been doing straight sprinting and is expected back around rd9
I had a knee reco last year and i did a fair bit of research on the recovery process and was doing straight sprinting within 8 weeks as well.You see its not the straight sprinting that affects people who have had knee recos as you can pretty much start running in a straight line very early on after the surgery.Its the twisting,turning and sharp changes in direction that are the real test in seeing whether the knee has recovered or not and i would doubt very much whether he has started doing any of that sort of work yet either.If he hasnt there is no way in the world he will be ready by round 9

I had a knee reco last year and i did a fair bit of research on the recovery process and was doing straight sprinting within 8 weeks as well.You see its not the straight sprinting that affects people who have had knee recos as you can pretty much start running in a straight line very early on after the surgery.Its the twisting,turning and sharp changes in direction that are the real test in seeing whether the knee has recovered or not and i would doubt very much whether he has started doing any of that sort of work yet either.If he hasnt there is no way in the world he will be ready by round 9

i know what a knee reco does to someone

he didnt have a stock standard knee reco
he had an artifical ligament put back in which reduces recovery time significantly
the downside is it isnt very good long term

apparently he has already been doing full sprinting for a couple of weeks and is looking good for about a rd9 comeback

i know what a knee reco does to someone

he didnt have a stock standard knee reco
he had an artifical ligament put back in which reduces recovery time significantly
the downside is it isnt very good long term

apparently he has already been doing full sprinting for a couple of weeks and is looking good for about a rd9 comeback
I dont think you fully know what a knee reco does to someone unless youve had one yourself particularly if you think just because he is running in straight lines he is not far away from playing but i am willing to bet he will not be ready by round 9

I dont think you fully know what a knee reco does to someone unless youve have one yourself but i am willing to bet he will not be ready by round 9
i am fully aware
why r u being stubborn im trying to help you out here
ill say this one more time
he didnt have what you had

here read this:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23481334-19742,00.html

next time do your own research or listen to what people have to say

if you cant be bothered reading it it says he is expected back may24th..which is round 9

conversation over

i am fully aware
why r u being stubborn im trying to help you out here
ill say this one more time
he didnt have what you had

here read this:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23481334-19742,00.html

next time do your own research or listen to what people have to say

if you cant be bothered reading it it says he is expected back may24th..which is round 9

conversation over
Ok fair enough just because theres an article in the sun about it it must be correct.I will wait until round 9 for his return then

Ok fair enough just because theres an article in the sun about it it must be correct.I will wait until round 9 for his return then
your obviously incapable of reading
what he had done isnt what you had done and what he had done isnt what 99.99999% of people have done when they tear their acl
he had radical surgery, instead of whatever they normally do whether they graph it back together or get from another part of the body he had a ARTIFICAL one put in

its only been done in australia a handful of times

the upside- much shorter recovery time, eg he can play a lot sooner then what most people think, eg rd 9

the downside- higher chance he will do his acl again

just because you have had a knee op doesnt mean you know everything about a surgery that you have never had

anyway but the sounds of it im flogging a dead horse because nothing is getting through
i hope you can see the light of what has happened
maybe do some research about what has happened rather then seeing ACL and just assuming its a one year thing, because from all reports from sydney its not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back