AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will anyone on here know about his injury/selection? Do you want people to guess? My guess is he will struggle to keep his spot.

Again we have no idea about injuries, if he does come back he will need to lift or face the axe from WCE I assume.

Clearly i don't believe ppl will know, hence the use of a forum...to get informed OPINIONS on specific issues!
Both of those questions that i have posed, are simple questions that will help me assess my trade options!
cheers!

1: News on Tuck Injury, says test on AFL injury update: even if fit will he retain his place, with mitchell lewis and croad possibly returning??

2: Embley again says test on AFL injury update: Will he play, and if he does, is it worth keepng him in the squad or possibly upgrading him for a more consistent player?

Cheers!

1- Have heard it was just a corkie. May get a rest this week and look to crack the 22 again next week.

2- Embley will always struggle with injuries, hes just very injury prone. Look to upgrade.

Starting 2 of Hill/Rioli/Gamble/McKinley

Anyone feel there is any reason to stop playing both Hill and Rioli, many will think Hill will rack up against the Tiges just because they arent an elite side, but with many bodies similar down back for the Tiges I am thinking of starting McKinley vs Port at Subi with Rioli

Fox Sports news said Brad Johnson has been struggling with injury throught pretty much the whole year so far. He is still injured but will play this week. So Brad Johnson's low scores are because of injury, not because he is out of form. In a way, this is good news.

Advice regarding him is wait until fully fit before jumping on Brad Johnson. I would think after Round 8-9 would be the best time to get on him. Playing Sydney in round 7 so will still be going down, or hover around a low price. Riewoldt, Brown and SJ are probably better picks at the moment.

Clearly i don't believe ppl will know, hence the use of a forum...to get informed OPINIONS on specific issues!
Both of those questions that i have posed, are simple questions that will help me assess my trade options!
cheers!

Dont like us then get lost. Simple as that buddy

Article on the AFL website has significantly increased my hopes of having embley available for selection, although he is turning out to be an average pick-up, if he can manage a good score this week, he may be worth holding onto!

and another thing, why are people opting to downgrade Tuck, rather than upgrading???????
would be a bad move on many's behalf if they did that, will still rise in price and if you can scrounge some money somewhere else, would be ideal to pick-up a more ideal midfielder!!
just my thoughts!

Article on the AFL website has significantly increased my hopes of having embley available for selection, although he is turning out to be an average pick-up, if he can manage a good score this week, he may be worth holding onto!

and another thing, why are people opting to downgrade Tuck, rather than upgrading???????
would be a bad move on many's behalf if they did that, will still rise in price and if you can scrounge some money somewhere else, would be ideal to pick-up a more ideal midfielder!!
just my thoughts!

I am bud, In Bartel Out Tuck. has done well for me and im happy. Having 2-3 geelong midfielders is gold

just my thoughts!

If he can even hold his spot in the team. WC will play more kids now and embley has been terribly out of form/injured.

Dont like us then get lost. Simple as that buddy

Huh???
mate...you must have issues coz there is nowhere in anything i have posted that suggest i have a dislike for anyone on this board, and from the passage you just quoted me on, it clearly gives you no reason to make a comment of the level of that one...so get of my case!

You forgot to mention his lack of capital letters.:thumbsu:

Anyway, i'm keeping N.Jones for one more week. Can't see any benefits in downgrading him and don't have the money to get Corey, Bartel or Swan yet.

there are some quality premiums that are far cheaper :

J.Watson 314k
Stenglein 316k
Judd 369k
S.Mitchell 389k
Adcock 351k
Stanton 389k
K.Cornes 425k
Bruce 353k
N.Lappin 374k

many more these are all gun premiums that are cheap but many will fall even more

Who do you guys think will be a better cash cow over the season, Gamble or McKinley?

Jumping on the Mckliney train for bbbb hall. Gamble though id go because he plays for geelong and should get back into the 22.(By the way i have gamble)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumping on the Mckliney train for bbbb hall. Gamble though id go because he plays for geelong and should get back into the 22.(By the way i have gamble)
Cheers. Only thing that worries me about McKinley is what if he doesnt kick 3-4 goals a game? He would be scoring around 35-55 which isnt all that great

If he can even hold his spot in the team. WC will play more kids now and embley has been terribly out of form/injured.

The way i see it.
Woosha hasn't gotten to that stage yet, he won't opt for a massive amount of kids as i believe he will still try and use his senior players to help them make finals, embley will be selected if fit, i assure you that much!
A fit embley is better than a scott selwood...(even though scotty wll be a gun), to light framed at the moment!

Walesy: I have figured your site at now and its brillant really you could have kept this to youself but you didnt. Wonaman you say will increase by 98 k over the next 3 weeks how did you work this at well what scores did you use for him.

Did you use his avg of 58.5

Cheers. Only thing that worries me about McKinley is what if he doesnt kick 3-4 goals a game? He would be scoring around 35-55 which isnt all that great

Yer same but when West Coast start wto win a bit more his score will proberly go up. If he keeps his average of 66 he will go to 209,000 after 3 weeks so if that happens im licking my lips

The way i see it.
Woosha hasn't gotten to that stage yet, he won't opt for a massive amount of kids as i believe he will still try and use his senior players to help them make finals, embley will be selected if fit, i assure you that much!
A fit embley is better than a scott selwood...(even though scotty wll be a gun), to light framed at the moment!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433047

Walesy: I have figured your site at now and its brillant really you could have kept this to youself but you didnt. Wonaman you say will increase by 98 k over the next 3 weeks how did you work this at well what scores did you use for him.

Did you use his avg of 58.5
;) That's the ticket. If you click on the players name, you'll be able to enter in your own figures over the next few weeks. :)

My rookies and what i need from them -

Barlow - 250,000 will hold until round 6-8
Bird - 200,000 depending if he stays in team 6-8
Wonnaman - 240,000 can get there if he stays in team will hold until i think at his peak.
Palmer - 270,000 round 10-12
Mckliney - 250,000 If west coast string a few together could be a star in dt will hold until ast least he gets over 220,000
Gamble - 250,000 can do it easily will offload 15-18
Rioili - 300,000 can do it as well. offload when just past half way through out the season.
Dyson/Stevens - Both could end up as keepers would love Dyson to get up to 300,000 and Stevens to 350,000 although looking like Stevo could be a keeper.

But of course all these players could be haunted by injury or something that like but thats what im planing to do

Mckinley seems like a great pick as west coast have had a terrible forward line for a while, especially now so worsfold will definately play him a lot and he should get targeted a lot when going inside 50 with hansen and lynch both regularly pushing up past the 50 so even if he gets thrashed by his opponent he should still manage around 50-60 kinda like westhoff last year i reckon

With regards to Embley, I am thinking of trading him for Travis Johnstone. If you take out the Sydney game where he got just 47, he has had scores of 87, 93 and 104 (avge 95). He is also cheaper than Embers.

So this week looking at trading Hall for J. Brown and Embley for Johnstone.
With $69 700 in the bank now, would still leave me with around after the two trades. :thumbsu:

Just a little to think about. People have already start to think about downgrading cash cows. Here are a few rookies under 120k to keep an eye out for now and during the year that i believe have potential with regards to scoring and keeping their position in their respective sides 22.

Backs:
Jack Grimes 83k (Melbourne) also Centre
Dennis Armfield 83k (Carlton) also Centre
Garrick Ibbotson 96k (Fremantle) also Centre
David Myers 103k (Essendon) also Centre
Adam Hartlett 101k (Carlton) also Forward, has played one game already.
Maybe Nick Lower 83k (Port)

Centres:
Trent Cotchin 119k (Richmond)
Clayton Hinkley 83k (Fremantle)
Shane Valenti 72k (Melbourne) also Forward
Steven Browne 83k (Carlton)

Rucks:
Max Bailey 83k (Hawthorn)

Forwards:
James Sellar 83k (Adelaide)
Chris Dawes 83k (Collingwood)
Addam Maric 83k (Melbourne)

If you want my reasons on them just ask. Really can't be bothered writting them in at the moment.

This really does show the lack of depth because even some of these might turn out to be rubbish.

Just a little to think about. People have already start to think about downgrading cash cows. Here are a few rookies under 120k to keep an eye out for that i believe have potential with regards to scoring and keeping their potential to keep their position in their sides 22.

Backs:
Jack Grimes 83k (Melbourne) also Centre
Dennis Armfield 83k (Carlton) also Centre
Garrick Ibbotson 96k (Fremantle) also Centre
David Myers 103k (Essendon) also Centre

Centres:
Trent Cotchin 119k (Richmond)
Clayton Hinkley 83k (Fremantle)
Shane Valenti 72k (Melbourne) also Forward
Steven Browne 83k (Carlton)

Rucks:
Max Bailey 83k (Hawthorn)

Forwards:
James Sellar 83k (Adelaide)
Chris Dawes 83k (Collingwood)
Addam Maric 83k (Melbourne)

If you want my reasons on them just ask. Really can't be bothered writting them in at the moment.

This really does show the lack of depth because even some of these might turn out to be rubbish.

Callan Ward (Dogs) 83,500 mid, def

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back