AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callan Ward (Dogs) 83,500 mid, def

Not really, look at the players the dogs still have out (Everitt, Williams, Ray, Higgins, West). May play a few games but not good enough to trade in and make a decent back-up/cash cow IMO

There is probably one that i left out that you could make a case towards, that is Nick Lower 83k (Port) is a back oh and Adam Harltett 101k (Carlton) is a back and forward.

got hall and n jones +143k

not sure weather to trade jones to lockyer and then wait with hall as bj and possibly sj, roo will drop in priceso i will save waiting but only have stokes as emergency.

opinions? anyone think i shouldnt do both, if/if not stokes playin?

Just a little to think about. People have already start to think about downgrading cash cows. Here are a few rookies under 120k to keep an eye out for now and during the year that i believe have potential with regards to scoring and keeping their position in their respective sides 22.

Backs:
Jack Grimes 83k (Melbourne) also Centre
Dennis Armfield 83k (Carlton) also Centre
Garrick Ibbotson 96k (Fremantle) also Centre
David Myers 103k (Essendon) also Centre

Centres:
Trent Cotchin 119k (Richmond)
Clayton Hinkley 83k (Fremantle)
Shane Valenti 72k (Melbourne) also Forward
Steven Browne 83k (Carlton)

Rucks:
Max Bailey 83k (Hawthorn)

Forwards:
James Sellar 83k (Adelaide)
Chris Dawes 83k (Collingwood)
Addam Maric 83k (Melbourne)

If you want my reasons on them just ask. Really can't be bothered writting them in at the moment.

This really does show the lack of depth because even some of these might turn out to be rubbish.
How about Jarryd Morton (HAW)?? Done well in the pre-season but might find it hard to get into the best 22 with Mitchell, Lewis to come back and a few rookies on the rise

My rookies and what i need from them -

Barlow - 250,000 will hold until round 6-8
Bird - 200,000 depending if he stays in team 6-8
Wonnaman - 240,000 can get there if he stays in team will hold until i think at his peak.
Palmer - 270,000 round 10-12
Mckliney - 250,000 If west coast string a few together could be a star in dt will hold until ast least he gets over 220,000
Gamble - 250,000 can do it easily will offload 15-18
Rioili - 300,000 can do it as well. offload when just past half way through out the season.
Dyson/Stevens - Both could end up as keepers would love Dyson to get up to 300,000 and Stevens to 350,000 although looking like Stevo could be a keeper.

But of course all these players could be haunted by injury or something that like but thats what im planing to do

If you need this much I fear your needs are too great. For my 2 cents worth:-

Barlow - 240K
Bird - 180K (If not dropped otherwise 140K)
Wona - 180K (has to go when Grimes returns)
Palmer - 240K
McKinley - 170K (to make way for LeCras)
Gamble - 230K (May take time to get back in ??)
Rioli - 260K (Will taper back half)
Dyson - 260K
Stevens - 320K

That, IMO, is maximum and you often cannot trade at exact maximum due to circumstances and the people you want to trade in. The actual value you will get is probably less than this.

I feel like posting my team just to make sure nobody can see any aspects of it that need attention.

Cornes, Shaw, Birchall,Mattner,Symes,Ellis,Pfeiffer EMG : Scott DT, Proud

Cross, Johnstone, Murphy, Jones, Stevens, Houli EMG : Palmer, Bird

Cox, Simmonds EMG : West, Meesen

Pavlich, Riewoldt, Brown, Porplyzia, Deledio, Hill, Rioli EMG : Gamble Tippet

136,000 in the bank
19 trades remaining

Just doing this in case ive missed something because atm i think its in respactable shape. cheers

If you need this much I fear your needs are too great. For my 2 cents worth:-

Barlow - 240K
Bird - 180K (If not dropped otherwise 140K)
Wona - 180K (has to go when Grimes returns)
Palmer - 240K
Gamble - 230K (May take time to get back in ??)
Rioli - 260K (Will taper back half)
Dyson - 260K
Stevens - 320K

That, IMO, is maximum and you often cannot trade at exact maximum due to circumstances and the people you want to trade in. The actual value you will get is probably less than this.

In bold i think he may go to 160,000 by this week and yer i went over with wona

my team. pick it apart if you want to.
backs: cornes, shaw, thornton, milburn, waters, symes, mattner EMG: taylor, selwood
mids: kornes, stanton, cross, stevens, houli, palmer EMG: mastern, jack
rucks: mcintosh, simmons. EMG: west, leunburger
forwards: pav, riewoldt, brown, porps, didak, hill, rioli. EMG: gamble, tippet.
18 trades left. 1 done this week. jones 4 kornes.

my team. pick it apart if you want to.
backs: cornes, shaw, thornton, milburn, waters, symes, mattner EMG: taylor, selwood
mids: kornes, stanton, cross, stevens, houli, palmer EMG: mastern, jack
rucks: mcintosh, simmons. EMG: west, leunburger
forwards: pav, riewoldt, brown, porps, didak, hill, rioli. EMG: gamble, tippet.
18 trades left. 1 done this week. jones 4 kornes.

Y trade before thursday?

because i didnt want to see jones in my team :D god i hate that bloke....:eek:

Meh im expecting him to come good within the next few weeks, was going to trade him out this week but he really isnt my teams biggest weakness. Im using one trade this week: Out Cartledge (Rich) in Kreuzer (Carl) will give me the chance to use Leuy as a cash cow instead of backup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In bold i think he may go to 160,000 by this week and yer i went over with wona

Possibly higher, you could be right. I was factoring 50 points each week and LeCras returning by Rd7 which may / may not happen. He could get to 180 / 190 maybe but starting at 130K it's not a huge gain.

Possibly higher, you could be right. I was factoring 50 points each week and LeCras returning by Rd7 which may / may not happen. He could get to 180 / 190 maybe but starting at 130K it's not a huge gain.

He is the only WCE forward that is scoring goals, there is not a chance i hell that he will get dropped before the likes of Hansen and Lynch.

Option 1:

In: Johnson, Wonamerri

Out: Headland, Brown

Option 2:

In: Johnson, Masten

Out: Headland, Dempsey

Option 3:

In: Masten, Wonamerri

Out: Dempsey, Brown

or should i do option 3 and then trade headland out next week if he still does shit and johnson goes down - hes playing sydney!!

meesen >>> kreuzer worth it??
jones >>> judd

the jones judd trade is all but a certainty to happen. i doubt i will bring in kreuzer but its just a thought. its worrying me that i only have west and meesen as ruck reserves.

Doesnt matter what roll he plays as long as he is kicking goals he will stay in the side, when you kick 4/5 for the team in your 3rd? game it shows that you can play the game. He will not be dropped when Lecras comes back.

Yeh, i see hansen getting dropped for kennedy

forward line

HF: Embley-----Kennedy-----Wirrpanda
FF: Lecras-----Lynch-------Mckinley

Doesnt matter what roll he plays as long as he is kicking goals he will stay in the side, when you kick 4/5 for the team in your 3rd? game it shows that you can play the game. He will not be dropped when Lecras comes back.

Agree with this 100%, but 3 weeks is a long time in football. Just look at Edwards, Buckley, Geary and Proud. Hope they stick with him because he looks a player but you can never be sure.

Well i want to see Spangher play CHB and Hunter play the lead up CHF whilst allowing Lynch and Hansen to be more in the goal square with Kennedy playing the normal CHF role. With Wirrapunda, Mckinley and Embers all rotating through the pockets and flanks.

Spangher scored 59 against sydney whilst Masten scored 70 hopefully Masten doesnt play this week and Spangher plays the next 2 so i can choose

Before round 5 = Wona
Before round 6 = Masten
Before round 7 = Spangher

real cash cows hopefully it works out but maybe i can only get one of Masten or Wona

What does everyone think of Sammy Mitchell? Looks to be going down to around 360k which is irresistable for a player of his calibre. Only thing stopping me from picking him next week is that he may get tagged alot more this season. Thoughts?

Joel Bowden....should i keep him?

I know that he has come back from a poor start to the season then dominated before but just watching the first few rounds he looked sluggish and not even looking like getting the ball

Also, he always was a got to guy getting out of defense but now Jordan Mcmahon has come to richmond that role looked like had been given to him

Eagles have a great list still but the modern game is hurting them as they are slow and dont have any quick small forwards or any break the line midfielders. They drafted possibly 2 top 15 draft prospect with Masten, S.Selwood and Ebert so the future should be great.

They can still make the finals and have a real impact this year on the competition.

Backs: Wirrapunda - Glass - B.Jones
Half Backs: Waters - Spangher - S.Selwood
Mids: Braun - Stenglein - Rosa
Half Forwards: Embley - Hunter - C.Fletcher
Forwards: Lecras - Lynch - Hansen
On Ballers: Cox - Kerr - Priddis

Bench: Seaby, Masten, Butler, Hurn

Good players to miss: Mckinley, Kennedy, C.Jones, Nicoski, Staker, S.Selwood, Ebert, J Macnamara

NOT RELATED TO DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back