AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey is it too sideways to trade Gram OUT for 1 of Milburn, Gilbee or J King?

My Backline is:
Cornes, H. Shaw, Mcphee, Johncock, Thornton, Ellis and Gram.

Im gona use 1 trade next week: IN Brad Jono OUT Hall
Hopefully the week after i can trade OUT Morton IN Kornes
(if value rise/drop to the ryt prices)
thoughts people?

anyone...

J.Hill Round 5 Breakeven = 7 or 8, Price = 216 500
Round 5 scores:
7 = stays same price and BE for round 6 would be 99 (using 4028 magic number it will change)
30 = 224 443 k and his BE next round is 82
50 = 231 425 k and his BE next round 67
70 = 238 406 k and BE next round 52
80 = 241 987 k and Be next round 45
100 = 248 879 k and Be next round 30

(WBD vs Swans round 7) so to get full value from him i woudl trade him after round 5 as if he scores 50 this week than his BE will be around 65-75 next round.

Question for you guys - say you already have Chornes and Heater in the backline, who else is worth getting in right now? The only guys with decent averages arent proven keepers (King and Guerra). And the proven players like Fisher, Bowden and Drummond (to an extent) are either player poorly or not playing at all.

Reason I ask is im planning on trading Tuck for Masten and that would give me enough cash to upgrade Barlow to whomever I want. But there isnt exactly an embarrassment of riches down there... :/

very risky but i would have a look a kennelly. he got tagged out of the game by Kornes (how often does that happen to a back flanker) and that score has held his price back. also he is only getting 71% gametime which suggests he is still getting back to full fitness so his numbers should continue to improve. also i believe he has a relatively low BE this week. but as i said quite risky and he isnt really elite but he could well be by the end of the year.

Round 5 scores:
7 = stays same price and BE for round 6 would be 99 (using 4028 magic number it will change)

(WBD vs Swans round 7) so to get full value from him i woudl trade him after round 5 as if he scores 50 this week than his BE will be around 65-75 next round.

Yep, something like that... :D

Round 5 scores:

Oh well, at least thats 150k out of him

how many posts do i need to make before i can make threads and get rid of the newbie tag. btw i know dream team posts don't count.

is there any word on how Dew is going?

The injury update website shows him returning in round 8. But there were whispers that the injury wasnt as bad as first thought (maybe from overly optimistic people).

Contemplating giving up waiting and picking up the likes of either reimers or McKinley

Same question for Dempsey, as masten is looking like an interesting pick up

does anyone know anything about hawthorn's morton?? ive got him on my fwd bench, cant for the life of me remember why i picked him.

but is he going to play any games this seasons? hawk supporters??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Hawthorn supporter I would love to give you some of my opinions on the Dream Team aspect of our football club.

1 Max Bailey: Will be back from injury mid season, mobile ruckman at rookie price, will score well, could be a good cash cow
2 Jarryd Roughead: Great start to the year, noticeably more mobile and faster this year, gets to more ground level contests
3 Jordan Lewis: Played1 match - scored fantastically with 30+ disp. Will get the loose ball, great ball winner. Expensive but worth it.
4 Rick Ladson: With Hawthorn’s game plan will always score reasonably well but has peaked. Won’t improve on his average.
5 Sam Mitchell (Captain) – Can have a poor game but normally gets his 25+ disp, great ball winner, but handballs too much.
6 Mark Williams – Smokey. Playing further up the ground but lacking fitness. Wait until he cements his spot.
7 Michael Osborne – I made this call preseason! Trained his arse off – paying dividends! Not too late to snap him up.
8 Xavier Ellis – Get on this guy! Has improved in every game since RD 1 and finally pulls out a cracker! Ellis>Thomas 
9 Shane Crawford – 25+ disposals v Crows. Racks them up always. Consider but will struggle with Hawthorn mids stealing points.
10 Chance Bateman – Career best form at the moment – but not a DT gun. Nothing special there.
11 Clinton Young – Racks up the marks and kicks –rarely handballs, jump on this guy before his price rises too much.
12 Brad Sewell – With Hawthorn’s mids, nothing special here as they will steal his points. Designated tagger most weeks too.
13 Simon Taylor – Ewwwww stay away.
14 Grant Birchall – See Ladson
15 Luke Hodge – SC is him game. Needs to find more consistency but still a great player.
16 Beau Dowler – Could be on the brink of a starting spot in any other team. Can’t see it though with the current HFC forward line.
17 Beau Muston – Season ending Knee injury.
18 Brent Guerra – Pulls a 100 out o the bag on occasion. See Ladson.
19 Mitch Thorp – See Dowler
20 Tim Boyle – Will be struggling to find a spot with Willo returning. Even if he gets a spot, DT is not his game!
21 Ben McGlynn – Fringe player. Stay away.
22 Travis Tuck – Have you missed the boat? Yes I’d say so . Won’t be in the team much longer I wouldn’t have thought.
23 Lance Franklin – Looks like it is his year! His regulation 5 goals, 5 kicks and 5 marks a game already gets 60 points!
24 Trent Croad – DT not his game, stay away!
25 Tim Clarke – See McGlynn!
26 Zac Dawson – Ewwww!
27 Stephen Gilham – See Croad!
28 Garry Moss – Will find it hard to break into the side.
29 Thomas Murphy – See Croad.
30 Campbell Brown – See Croad!
31 Stuart Dew – When he gets back jump on him! Has impressed heaps! Will be a huge cash cow.
34 Brent Renouf – Behind Bailey. Not yet.
35 Jarryd Morton – See Moss.
36 Josh P. Kennedy – See Moss
37 Brendan Whitecross – Another couple of years away.
38 Luke McEntee – 4th inline ruck. No way!
39 Robert Campbell – DT not his game!

Rookies:
40 Hugh Sandilands - Nope
41 Tim Walsh - Nope
42 Matthew Suckling - Nope
43 Alex Grima - Nope
44 Cameron Stokes – See Tuck!

Got N Jones and Dyson currently with a lot in the bank

Will trade N jones this week for either -----> hayes, stanton, lewis, hodge

and next week hopefully be able to do dyson------->mitchell

the other option is do N jones for swan and then i wont be able to do dyson for someone around 360....but maybe later trade him for someone big

In this dilemna at the moment i am thinking hayes and mitchell is the way to go.....any advice would be great though;)

I know this is a bit sideways but was thinking of trading brett burton 4 either franklin or okeefe?? thoughts:confused: especially o'keefe now with hall out for 7 weeks

I know this is a bit sideways but was thinking of trading brett burton 4 either franklin or okeefe?? thoughts:confused: especially o'keefe now with hall out for 7 weeks

ask yourself this question; what is the point of a trade?

I would have thought that the point of a trade is to "upgrade" your weakest link in the team. So with that said if Brett Burton is your "weakest link" then by all means trade, but trade for a gun, not someone who is averaging roughly the same as the player you are trading.

If he isn't your "weakest link" then look elsewhere in your team for one ...

Thinking of trading out Hall for Riemers, then using the cash to upgrade N.Jones to K.Cornes. But on the other hand i'm also thinking about just trading Hall for O'Keefe straight up and giving Jones another week, although I wouldn't be able to get the cash for K.Cornes.
Thoughts?

Hall only 7 weeks in poor he should have got the big 10. Opinions??

Yeh trade your weakest links first as the players such as N.Jones, B.Burton have the abillity to score 100's and play as 6th mid or 7th forwards come your very best side.

Ok, so this may be a newbie question but, could Porps be a keeper for 22 rounds, increased time in the centre and getting alot of the pill, can he be a keeper with out an upgrade ? Thanks Lads

Ok, so this may be a newbie question but, could Porps be a keeper for 22 rounds, increased time in the centre and getting alot of the pill, can he be a keeper with out an upgrade ? Thanks Lads

Both Reilly and Knights will decrease Porplyzia's time in the midfield and could influence his scores. If i was forced to answer, (i think it's a little to early to decifyer these questionable keepers, should be focusing on your liabilities first) i would say No, he might need an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back