AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on this guys? I think it got lost on the previous page.

Well with only 4 trades left you can't waste them.

Burgoyne will be back at some stage, so you wouldn't want to waste the trade there. May only miss 1 game due to the break.

Chad is a gamble, luckily Port play this w/e so we will all know if he gets named. Tough call on this, 3 weeks off, missing just 1 game may be all he needs.

I haven't checked but I presume the majority of the top 50 have both. Now how many of them will panic and trade both? Some like you are going to burn their precious last trades.

Honestly, IF Thompson got a run I wouldnt trade, cop a 0. Selwood??? God only knows what he is up to.

Definately don't take two 0's.

Reports are that Burg will only be 2-3 weeks, so i'm preying that it is true and he only misses the one round. Might just have to cop a 0 for him.

Have a feeling that Chad won't be risked for the rest of the season, but then again who really knows?

Might look to trade one of them, cop a zero (presuming my emergencies don't play... more than likely) so I don't burn 2 trades. Just hope my star studded midfield makes up for the 0!

Reckon this is Palmers last week in my side. Playing Essendon at Subiaco this week so it should be a free flowing game and he should score well, a solid player but will never get the big 150's. Will be looking to upgrade him after the split round, possibly to Thompson who should drop in price, especially after being r*ped by the pink pig, and Adelaides run home looks good from then on :thumbsu:

I can also see alot of people throwing money around this week to get Ablett in their side regardless of his price lol.

Need to do some work on my backline but am in a bit of a pickle re: trades.

I have 4 trades left. I have 104,900 in the kitty.
Backline is, H Shaw, Birchall, Mackie, Roughead, H Taylor, Wonameirri, S O'haIlpin (Don't ask) Bradshaw, S Selwood

Rest of my team has been performing quite well, getting 2050+ total in the recent weeks.
I don't want to waste trades, and I think Harry Taylor has a couple more weeks left in him after his 87 this week his BE is only 14. Wonameirri also seems to be doing enough, although has a questionable BE of 57 this coming week, his time as a cash cow could be up. Out of the premium backs, I can't really see anything I like, obviously chad cornes is stuffed. I guess the possibilities are Milburn in a couple weeks (BE of 118) this week, Ryan Hargrave (averaging 102 over the last month, BE of 28 this week), Mcleod (still iffy), Chris Newman (BE of 109), Brent Guerra (bit of a gamble with his hammies). Not really interested in Bock (has 6 scores under 80 for the year).

What are my best options? I really want to get off O'Hailpin, it pains me to think I had him from the beginning, Wonameirri and Taylor are likely to play the majority of games to seasons end, and Bradshaw should be back soon. I'm still hopefull of scott selwood playing some games with the eagles "looking to 2009".

I'm thinking,
O'hailpin -> Cheap rookie <100k (Until bradshaw returns)
Wonameirri/taylor -> milburn/newman/guerra/hargrave/mcleod

Any help appreciated.

Does anyone reckon Jarryd Allen, Tom Collier or Nick Lower can hold a spot in their respective sides (St Kilda Brisbane Port Adelaide)? Need to downgrade.

I had exactly 100 posts in Part 3 ;)

Ahhh Chad is giving me a headache. Ddin't want to have to trade him, think he'll go in for surgery this week?

When will Bradshaw be back as well!?

dt.jpg

I have 6 trades left and 6,100 to use
Only first year dream teamer so really not sure what to do next
Any help?

Reports are that Burg will only be 2-3 weeks, so i'm preying that it is true and he only misses the one round. Might just have to cop a 0 for him.

Have a feeling that Chad won't be risked for the rest of the season, but then again who really knows?

Might look to trade one of them, cop a zero (presuming my emergencies don't play... more than likely) so I don't burn 2 trades. Just hope my star studded midfield makes up for the 0!

The thing i noticed in your previous post was Cox with no playing emergencies. As he is likely to miss games sooner or later you will need a trade for that so you can't use 2 trades now IMO. Trade Chad as his playing future this season is now under a cloud but keep PB as he might only miss one week.

why is there so many parts?

Because once the thread reaches to a certain amount of posts/views it takes up alot of the sites memory (?) and makes the site slow. And so they close the other threads and make new ones so this doesn't happen.

Something along those lines...

dt.jpg

I have 6 trades left and 6,100 to use
Only first year dream teamer so really not sure what to do next
Any help?
Hope Bradshaw is back this week.
Tell Ross to bring Dal back into the St. Kilda side!
Maybe look to upgrade Palmer or Dal Santo if he's not selected and I would keep Chad for now, he might miss just the one week. Your side is pretty much set after that I think. Kornes and Bartel are cheap atm and Scotty Thompson will be in a few weeks to.

I'm wondering if Carrazzo has been playing in the backline this year? If so perhaps there could be some decent backmen next year.
Chad, Malceski, Carrazzo?, Goddard to name a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waters to any backmen this week. Who though thinking Wheatley/Mackie/Bock/S.Fisher thoughts

This is F__ked........SERIOUSLY!!!!

In one week i lose Chad, P.Burg, Salopek and Goodes....this is a joke!!

I have 3 trades left and i am planing on trading Chad and Salopek this week, leaving me with P.Burg and Goodes. Now unless Armfield stays in the team (un F__king likely), i cop a 0. Then if Ward gets dropped (not too sure) I cop another 0 for Goodes and i will be left with 1 trade left.

This one week has destroyed DT for me.....*sigh*:(

I'm wondering if Carrazzo has been playing in the backline this year? If so perhaps there could be some decent backmen next year.
Chad, Malceski, Carrazzo?, Goddard to name a few.
So basically the same as this year, plus carrazzo?

Very decent...lol

Just look how well the backline has gone this year, doubt any one player could fix that.

This is F__ked........SERIOUSLY!!!!

In one week i lose Chad, P.Burg, Salopek and Goodes....this is a joke!!

I have 3 trades left and i am planing on trading Chad and Salopek this week, leaving me with P.Burg and Goodes. Now unless Armfield stays in the team (un F__king likely), i cop a 0. Then if Ward gets dropped (not too sure) I cop another 0 for Goodes and i will be left with 1 trade left.

This one week has destroyed DT for me.....*sigh*:(

Naw poor you...

So basically the same as this year, plus carrazzo?

Very decent...lol

Just look how well the backline has gone this year, doubt any one player could fix that.
Ok, take a look at the 2 coming off knee reco's. Robert Murphy 2 years on from his knee reco has become a 100 ppw player and Malceski/Goddard were 89 and 97 ppw players before doing their knees. I think what I meant to say was everyone is worrying about lack of defenders but there could be some bargain 90+ ppw defenders available like Malceski/Goddard. Then there is Drummond but he can't seem to stay on the park for many games at all. I believe Mackie will only get better, as will Heath Shaw but they may also begin to get tagged as Heath is already beginning to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back