AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so im in a predicament, not sure whether to have Chad Cornes and a 350-360k fwd (say embley) or Reiwoidlt and a 350-360k back (say shaw).

what would you do?

Riewoldt and Shaw all the way. Riewoldt=Cornes yet Embley is much better then a shaw, and more potential to improve. If you can afford it go Burgers and Riewoldt.

dono if these r rumours but i'd like to no the status of sum of these playes

kruezer = will he get enough time on the park

sam butler= is he really injured or just unable to make the wce best 22

mark couglan = is he injured again????

Post whore statistics - top 25

Code:
[B][U]User Name  	Posts[/U][/B]
GreaT SourcE 	346
XIsDonIsGoodX 	226
andrew4443 	143
bloods01 	125
Jolldo87 	120
Virgil 	119
Fairley 	118
Hirdy_5 	112
-TAZZA- 	101
chickens_law 	101
tiger trooper 	98
dont bowl there 	97
hawka_fan 	96
future jed 	90
hendo8888 	89
Blackhawk03 	89
Hawks 08 	84
kerr brownlow 08 	77
rizzo 	74
Hard Ball Get 	70
ari18 	65
happy_eagle 	58
Modra93 	49
Butane 	45
nameless 	44

gday everyone, ive been just looking for a while, but finally am posting.

now excuse me if this has already been said, but apparently farren ray has put on 7 kilos of muscle, does anyone think this could be the year that he breaks out?

yeah i mean shaw>>embley.

peter burgoyne sorry:D

ok, cheers. Im not sure of "burgers" i dont think he gets enough cheap possies and marks. He is a bloody good player, but i feel shaw tends to get those cheap marks and is a bit of a go to man down back.

I wonder how many of the top DTers will have Cornes?

now excuse me if this has already been said, but apparently farren ray has put on 7 kilos of muscle, does anyone think this could be the year that he breaks out?

Farren didn't get any scores over 100 last year, so I'd probably stay away from him...

gday mate, good first post. I personally had not heard this, he has been touted a lot throughout the years. I remeber having a good look at him last year before deciding against. With the extra bulk he desperately needed he could go alright.

gday mate, good first post. I personally had not heard this, he has been touted a lot throughout the years. I remeber having a good look at him last year before deciding against. With the extra bulk he desperately needed he could go alright.

well he was pick number 4 in the 2003 draft, so there must be some talent there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worst response ever! he had a few good games last year and should improve upon his performance with more game time.

He is a player to look out for in NAB cup etc. could be worth a punt.

It isn't a bad response mate, he hasn't shown me that he can produce a high score yet, simple as that...Having said that, he should improve a fair bit this year, but I wouldn't think his improvement would be massive, and certainly not high enough for a good midfielder...

Thoughts on Gilbee. With McMahon gone you would think that his output will be the same if not better (btw any1 with prospectus game time would be appreciated) but i get the feeling from the Dogs board that Wight will be playing forward does this mean that Gilbee will have to stick to his man more and hence a drop in output or will another key back be introduced?

Thoughts on Gilbee. With McMahon gone you would think that his output will be the same if not better (btw any1 with prospectus game time would be appreciated) but i get the feeling from the Dogs board that Wight will be playing forward does this mean that Gilbee will have to stick to his man more and hence a drop in output or will another key back be introduced?
Tom Williams will probably be at CHB, Brian Harris will play at FB so I'll suspect Gilbee's role won't change to much...

To be honest IMO Western Bulldogs have far to many better options in the team, and young options also, then Farren Ray!!!

Higgins, Griffen, Callan, Cooney, Addison, Cross and Boyd.....

To me he fits the mould as a Lonie style player who is always on the fringe with always someone better then him in the team........

Don't believe he'll playy 22 games but just my opin

To be honest IMO Western Bulldogs have far to many better options in the team, and young options also, then Farren Ray!!!

Higgins, Griffen, Callan, Cooney, Addison, Cross and Boyd.....

To me he fits the mould as a Lonie style player who is always on the fringe with always someone better then him in the team........

Don't believe he'll playy 22 games but just my opin

Ray's a better option than Addison NT Thunder...He'll play 22 games, but he won't score high which doesn't make him attractive in fantasy land...

It isn't a bad response mate, he hasn't shown me that he can produce a high score yet, simple as that...Having said that, he should improve a fair bit this year, but I wouldn't think his improvement would be massive, and certainly not high enough for a good midfielder...

perhaps i jumped the gun, but just cos a player hasnt made a 100 doesnt mean he shouldnt be looked at.

i do see ur point tho.

Ray's a better option than Addison NT Thunder...He'll play 22 games, but he won't score high which doesn't make him attractive in fantasy land...

Possibly true, and no doubt that when Ray plays he will score more as Addison is more of a defensive option, but if you guys are into recruiting players that won't play 22 games of football then by all means Farren is your man......If he was going to cement a spot in the team he would have, he's depth and that's it!!!

Dangerous....but please the more people that recruit him the better!!

Somehow though i dont think he's in yr team GS is he or even being considered!!!

Possibly true, and no doubt that when Ray plays he will score more as Addison is more of a defensive option, but if you guys are into recruiting players that won't play 22 games of football then by all means Farren is your man......If he was going to cement a spot in the team he would have, he's depth and that's it!!!

Dangerous....but please the more people that recruit him the better!!

Somehow though i dont think he's in yr team GS is he or even being considered!!!

I was slightly considering him, but the more I researched about him the more I got to dislike him funnily enough...

OK!! Would you rather Farren Ray OR:

Boak
Clarke
Tambling
Pettered
Gibbs
Griffen
Sherman
Douglas
Butler
McNamara

etc, etc, etc

Anyone care to add more talent at a cheaper price

Andrew Swallow is $10k more than Ray, he looks the goods at a cheap price. If you want to go a little high, Reilly is a really good price at $327k also Michael Braun at $318k might be a roughie. Out of that list you have mentioned, Boak and Butler (if fit) looks your best bet. There is Stevens and Coughlan but i'm sure you already knew that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back