AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumours are true I'm sure I'll be devistated and I'm sure many other DT coaches will be to...If Stevens is out, Judd will get a even heavier tag than he was gonna have previously, he'd be definitely in a no-go zone for me...

If the rumours are true I'm sure I'll be devistated and I'm sure many other DT coaches will be to...If Stevens is out, Judd will get a even heavier tag than he was gonna have previously, he'd be definitely in a no-go zone for me...

Judd gets tagged every week and still gets 30 touches.

Have Just been thinking about a ruck combo for dream team and i was thinking Gardiner and King could be good options obviousley i would have to make sure i have a couple fo good ressies as they are injury prone however i think these two IF FIT could be amongst the top ten ruckman in the comp. It will also free up alot of money for me to improve midfield and backs

thoughts

Yes it was lol. The useful rucks are the ones who are versatile around the ground (Cox, Fraser, Simmonds, etc), and the ones who can go forward and bag goals (Kosi, Hamish, Lade, etc). I can't see King or Gardiner being capable of either of those things. Their DT output probably won't be that great.

If you want cheap, go for Simmonds, Laycock, Leuenberger, or any of Adelaide's ruckman before considering Gardiner or King.

Yes it was lol. The useful rucks are the ones who are versatile around the ground (Cox, Fraser, Simmonds, etc), and the ones who can go forward and bag goals (Kosi, Hamish, Lade, etc). I can't see King or Gardiner being capable of either of those things. Their DT output probably won't be that great.

If you want cheap, go for Simmonds, Laycock, Leuenberger, or any of Adelaide's ruckman before considering Gardiner or King.

yeah i understand that thinking and was thinking the exact same but seeing them play on the weekend they both look to be moving really well and saints now have a really good fitness department to keep them on the track. Before injurys Gardiner was a realy good DT Player i think he averaged around 70? and King wasnt to bad himself....not tto sure tho which way i will go lol

This Is My Side ATM

BACKS
Chad CORNES
Peter BURGOYNE
Heath SHAW
Lindsay GILBEE
Grant BIRCHALL
Jay NEAGLE
Tom LONERGAN

Darren PEFFIER
Scott SELWOOD

CENTRES
Kane CORNES
Luke HODGE
Sam MITCHELL
Justin SHERMAN
Nick STEVENS
Cale MORTON

Craig BIRD
Rhys PALMER

RUCKS
Brendan LADE
Troy SIMMONDS

John MEESON
Max BAILEY

FORWARDS
Nick RIEWOLDT
Matthew PAVLICH
Jonathan BROWN
Lance FRANKLIN
Brendan FEVOLA
Stuart DEW
Cyril RIOLI

Colin GARLAND
Lachlan HENDERSON

REMAINING CAP $29,700

Any chance of DT opening today?
Has anyone got any UPDATED WORD of when this will happen?

Also, Beau Muston.... Any news on how bad his knee was?
Hes already had 2 reco's previously and my opinion is he has potential to be something really big in the game. A prolific ball winner and a huge engine... a Disappointment for many dream teams out there!

Any chance of DT opening today?
Has anyone got any UPDATED WORD of when this will happen?

Also, Beau Muston.... Any news on how bad his knee was?
Hes already had 2 reco's previously and my opinion is he has potential to be something really big in the game. A prolific ball winner and a huge engine... a Disappointment for many dream teams out there!

Unfortunately Word is that he may be out for the year. Unbelievably dissapointing for the poor kid as he has had to work so hard to finally get to were he is with the chance of playing 1's this season now he is battling for his career

Like the team MM, you spend a bit too much on the expensive players for my liking, but you can't argue with their averages.

No one knows when DT is opening, that question has been asked a hundred times already, at least.

According to today's Sun, there is a very real possibility that he has done his knee a 3rd time, which would likely end his career before it began, unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the team MM, you spend a bit too much on the expensive players for my liking, but you can't argue with their averages.

No one knows when DT is opening, that question has been asked a hundred times already, at least.

According to today's Sun, there is a very real possibility that he has done his knee a 3rd time, which would likely end his career before it began, unfortunately.

Thanks Mate,

I actually just made a change i got rid of Peter Burgoyne in the backline and picked up Brad Symes and changed Scott Selwood to Xavier Ellis

Hmm so i was thinking....Simmonds looks value for money this year BUT what will he actually average? because Pattison is a good ruckmen aswell i reckon so im pretty sure Simmo will spend a fair bit of time on the pine, especially because he hasnt played in ages. Then you look at Kruezer - No.1 draft pick, cheap as and could play majority of the games this year.....im starting to lean towards a Cox / Kruezer combo instead of Cox / Simmo to free up some more cash...

Hmm so i was thinking....Simmonds looks value for money this year BUT what will he actually average? because Pattison is a good ruckmen aswell i reckon so im pretty sure Simmo will spend a fair bit of time on the pine, especially because he hasnt played in ages. Then you look at Kruezer - No.1 draft pick, cheap as and could play majority of the games this year.....im starting to lean towards a Cox / Kruezer combo instead of Cox / Simmo to free up some more cash...

That sounds like a good idea actually alough tigers really reate Simmonds and probably rate him ahead still of pattison so probably more likely to get more gamne time than you probably think....Cox/Kurezer still sounds likea great option tho

Nothing wrong with Pattison rucking whilst Simmonds goes forward, he is a very versatile player (hence his past averages). Pattison is also very inexperienced (although he did play the majority of last season is Simmonds' absence).

I'd pick one of Hampson or the Berger before Kreuzer though, they're both definitely ready, and should play 22. Haven't seen enough of Kreuzer to be able to say the same of him.

That sounds like a good idea actually alough tigers really reate Simmonds and probably rate him ahead still of pattison so probably more likely to get more gamne time than you probably think....Cox/Kurezer still sounds likea great option tho

I just cant see Simmonds getting big scores like he used to. 80 will be a good score for him this year and i think Kruezer could get a score like that too if he plays well.

Nothing wrong with Patterson rucking whilst Simmonds goes forward, he is a very versatile player (hence his past averages). Patterson is also very inexperienced (although he did play the majority of last season is Simmonds' absence).

I'd pick one of Hampson or the Berger before Kreuzer though, they're both definitely ready, and should play 22. Haven't seen enough of Kreuzer to be able to say the same of him.

Kurezer is also a player who pushes up forward a fair bit especially in the absence of Brad Fisher....so maybe carlton might use him this way when the premiership season starts...Hampson/Cloke rucks with Kruezer up as a half forward rucking when needed

My Side is Currentley looking like this now after a couple of changes

BACKS
Heat SHAW
Chad CORNES
Lindsay GILBEE
Grant BIRCHALL
Brad SYMES
Xavier ELLIS
Tom LONERGAN

Darren PFEIFFER
Jay NEAGLE

CENTRES
Kane CORNES
Luke HODGE
Sam MITCHELL
Justin SHERMAN
Bryce GIBBS
Cale MORTON

Craig BIRD
Rhys PALMER

RUCKS
Troy SIMMONDS
Matthew KREUZER

Michael GARDINER
John MEESEN

FORWARDS
Matthew PAVLICH
Nick RIEWOLDT
Jonathan BROWN
Lance FRANKLIN
Brendan FEVOLA
Stuart DEW
Cyril RIOLI

Lachlan HENDERSON
Colin GARLAND

I now have a salary of $155,000 to spendf on my team...what changes do people think i should make? any input would be appreciated :)

Also Travis Johnstone. Anyone considering him? His current price is very tempting, but you just dont know what he will do this year..or more like what he wants to do lol

Also Travis Johnstone. Anyone considering him? His current price is very tempting, but you just dont know what he will do this year..or more like what he wants to do lol

Would be great to have Travis JOhnstone in your team i love the bloke however i just can't trust his scores when he has a downer its always a massive down haha

Alternative middfield

hayes
stevens
coughlan
gibbs
dyson
palmer

Its just a cheap one i put together, i dont think its too bad though. Provides me enough cash to stack my backs and forwards. Although it looked better with Scott Thompson instead of Coughlan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back