AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have Peter Burgoyne yet but think I may get an opportunity soon.

Aahh sorry mate my mistake. Yeh, very good option considering he will go down in price a fair bit. I would think Chad, Bowden and Shaw are ahead of him as the better backs but his price could go down to around 340-350k and at that price is a steal IMO

Not with the exact names, but basically, yeah. :)

There are better mid-priced players out there than Simmonds.

And you don't want to have all of them else you can't afford your guns. A balance of Guns, Mids and Rookies... That's the ticket, and my ticket didn't have Simmonds as one of the mids...

Ah well, we'll see how he goes. Either way, I'm heading to bed, night fellows, and Spence, you sir are an Idiot... ;)

Better mid priced players, or better mid priced rucks?
Because there are definitely no better mid priced rucks.

And if you mena better mid priced players, then by the same rule, there are many better players priced at and around 347,800 than McIntosh.

I'm looking for a quality backman that might be or become value for money over the next couple of games. Peter Burgoyne averaged nearly 90 last year and even more when he was moved into the backline midway through the year. His starting price is a hefty $388,000 but he's had an average start to the season with a 77 against Geelong and a 45 against Sydney. Port are playing Adelaide and then Brisbane over the next two weeks.
What do people think? I've yet to hear his name on any of these forums....

I'd ignore what he's done so far. He's still one of the best backmen.

I'm probably going to bring him in for Drummond.

Agree but not many are keepers, McIntosh is.
Yeah he definitely is.
He'll probably average around the same as Simmonds I'd say.
The price difference is what highlighted Simmonds as the obvious pick for me, especially already having Cox.

Aahh sorry mate my mistake. Yeh, very good option considering he will go down in price a fair bit. I would think Chad, Bowden and Shaw are ahead of him as the better backs but his price could go down to around 340-350k and at that price is a steal IMO
I agree. I have Cornes, Bowden and Shaw already. I've just been struggling with that 6th and 7th back spot. I think I'll have about that amount too. I got stuck in that hour before the first lockout with just over $220,000 in the kitty and have been searching long and hard for an option....also have Milburn, Birchall and Symes. It's just that last spot.

Anyone throught about Shannon Grant his price should go through the roof nexted week quick cash. I have to trade Scott Lucas. Any other throughs.Trying to keep my trade to the end of the year. thanks guys:)

I agree. I have Cornes, Bowden and Shaw already. I've just been struggling with that 6th and 7th back spot. I think I'll have about that amount too. I got stuck in that hour before the first lockout with just over $220,000 in the kitty and have been searching long and hard for an option....also have Milburn, Birchall and Symes. It's just that last spot.

That backline is very similiar to mine

Not with the exact names, but basically, yeah. :)

There are better mid-priced players out there than Simmonds.

And you don't want to have all of them else you can't afford your guns. A balance of Guns, Mids and Rookies... That's the ticket, and my ticket didn't have Simmonds as one of the mids...

Ah well, we'll see how he goes. Either way, I'm heading to bed, night fellows, and Spence, you sir are an Idiot... ;)

You sir, have no idea about DT. How about watch a match for once in your life.

You sir, have no idea about DT. How about watch a match for once in your life.
Shall I name a few mid-ranged players who are right now doing roughly the same as Simmonds?
Benchmark -
Simmonds - Base average - 54.5. Current average - 87. Difference - 32.5
Cloke - BA - 52.3. CA - 86.5. D - 34.2
Roughhead - BA - 52.1. CA - 86. D - 33.9
Ramanauskas - BA - 50.7. CA - 78. D - 27.3
Ellis - BA - 48.7 - CA - 72. D - 23.3
Carroll - BA 52.7 - CA - 84. D - 31.3
Osborne - BA. 55 - CA. 107. D - 52
Medhurst - 55.4 - CA 91. D - 35.6
Thornton - 57.3 - CA 108.5. D - 51.2
Gibbs - BA - 58 - CA - 83. D - 25
How many of those guys am I an idiot not to pick? or is it just the old ruckmen that I'm an idiot not to take?

If you're making the decision that Simmonds is awesome based on two rounds, then mate, you have no clue. Hell, on that logic you probably traded into Nicoski and Kennely lasat week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shall I name a few mid-ranged players who are right now doing roughly the same as Simmonds?
Benchmark -
Simmonds - Base average - 54.5. Current average - 87. Difference - 32.5
Cloke - BA - 52.3. CA - 86.5. D - 34.2
Roughhead - BA - 52.1. CA - 86. D - 33.9
Ramanauskas - BA - 50.7. CA - 78. D - 27.3
Ellis - BA - 48.7 - CA - 72. D - 23.3
Carroll - BA 52.7 - CA - 84. D - 31.3
Osborne - BA. 55 - CA. 107. D - 52
Medhurst - 55.4 - CA 91. D - 35.6
Thornton - 57.3 - CA 108.5. D - 51.2
Gibbs - BA - 58 - CA - 83. D - 25
How many of those guys am I an idiot not to pick? or is it just the old ruckmen that I'm an idiot not to take?

If you're making the decision that Simmonds is awesome based on two rounds, then mate, you have no clue. Hell, on that logic you probably traded into Nicoski and Kennely lasat week...
Thing is the above players have always been shit.

Simmonds had a bad year last year, in 06 he averaged 95, 05 averaged 85.

You'd be an idiot not to pick him:rolleyes:

Thing is the above players have always been shit.

Simmonds had a bad year last year, in 06 he averaged 95, 05 averaged 85.

You'd be an idiot not to pick him:rolleyes:

No, in 05 Simmonds averaged 76.4 ;)

I look at it the other way. Simmonds has been playing for what, 10 years now?

he's had ONE season in that time where he would be rated a keeper.

Just one. And that was before he wrote off a year due to injury.

No, in 05 Simmonds averaged 76.4 ;)

I look at it the other way. Simmonds has been playing for what, 10 years now?

he's had ONE season in that time where he would be rated a keeper.

Just one. And that was before he wrote off a year due to injury.
He's still the best value ruckmen at that price.
And your right I was looking at Supercoach averages for 05, my bad.

If Simmonds averaged 80 he has done more then what is expected for his price.

It wasn't so much that Simmonds was a lock because of his price/history, it's that he was a middle to low priced ruckman that was clearly under-priced. Considering there are about 4-5 ruckman to really choose and Simmonds was nearly half the price as some of the others he was a lock. In my eyes anyway.

Could also make an argument for McIntosh. Only premium price ruckman that is still young and on the up, White/Lade etc are on the decline. I wanted a no risk ruck, so I chose big Mac. Simmonds has been good, but to say that someone is an idiot if they dont have him is a bit over the top.

Theres also the theory that his head is never screwed on half the time as well and i can only see him going down in price throughout the year.Your going to need to use 2 trades if you want to upgrade him to Reiwoldt no matter how long you wait

I would advise anyone with Fevola to stick with him for the next 4-5 weeks, He will eventually kick 7-8 goals in a game and you can ride his price rise and trade him off to a gun with only making one trade

Could also make an argument for McIntosh. Only premium price ruckman that is still young and on the up, White/Lade etc are on the decline. I wanted a no risk ruck, so I chose big Mac. Simmonds has been good, but to say that someone is an idiot if they dont have him is a bit over the top.

That's the ticket. :D

Plus a broken ankle and a blood clot removed from your lung in the same year doesn't equal durable in my books...

For all those people who are happy to point to his pre 07 stats to get his injury potential but aren't willing to look at his pre 06 stats to get his stat potential. ;)

troy simmonds is the best value ruck in the comp by far, thats obvious his 2 scores so far have been exceptional with 92 & 82 with an ave of 87, now the only thing in his way at the moment is injury, you would believe when hes fine he'll be the second best ruck in the comp, theres all element of risk, but it is a calculated risk worth taking, though through others eyes it may be perceived differently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back