AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Selwood isnt a rookie, he is the Eagle tagger.

I would keep Selwood as he will have a decent year and go up in cash.

Yeah, I'm not deadset on trading him out, but I want to upgrade Ebert and if I got rid of Selwood and got Palmer, I'd have more than enough money to replace him with a star.

It's just a matter of how often Palmer is going to play.

Ebert was a mistake, but I had Selwood last year and he did pretty well.

Selwood isnt exactly someone that will improve alot on his average from last year. He didnt have a strong average last year to start off with (averaged about 75??), cant see him upping that to around 85-90

Yeah, I'm not deadset on trading him out, but I want to upgrade Ebert and if I got rid of Selwood and got Palmer, I'd have more than enough money to replace him with a star.

It's just a matter of how often Palmer is going to play.

Palmer will play a fair bit this year, esp if we keep losing. However dont expect more than 35 points from him this week. Derby and wet doesnt bode well for a young outside midfielder.

I'm interested in the thoughts on how much a trade is worth financially.

For example is it worth using a trade to gain a 30k price increase?

If not when is it worth it?

Say for example I had player A who is guarenteed a start week in week out and costs the same as player B. However player A is expected to stay the same in value while player B is expected to increase 30, 40 or even 50 grand.

At what stage is the trade worth making?

you don't judge keepers by average. You judge them by total score.

A player who missed most of last year with a broken ankle and surgury to remove a blood clot from his lung doesn't sound to me like 22 game material.

At most, I see you making some cash from him and trading him up.
those injuries and that blod clot doesnt make him nemore injury proned now
between 2002 and 2006 he played above 20games in every year
last year he played 10 injury affected games (meaning his output was lower then normal, meaning a lock for this year)
why cant people admit when they've made a mistake
hell i didnt get cox and its left me playing catch up
you say mcintosh is a gun and simmonds has only had one good year, well mcintosh's best year (last year) was 78. i'd hardly call that a proven performer

you don't judge keepers by average. You judge them by total score.

A player who missed most of last year with a broken ankle and surgury to remove a blood clot from his lung doesn't sound to me like 22 game material.

At most, I see you making some cash from him and trading him up.

Looks like someone was too clever for their own good. :D

Simmonds should have been a must for everyone. Apart from last year, is proven to be durable and looks as fit as ever this year. If he averages anything close to 80 he's a certain keeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll happily conceed that so far it's looking like a mistake. :D

However, the reason I didn't get him is that I believe he will come a cropper as the season wears on... and only time will tell with that one...
(And man, I'll be the first to point and dance and sing the "I told you so" dance... :p)

Essendon will make at least two enforced changes for the match, with speedsters Courtenay Dempsey and Nathan Lovett-Murray both unavailable after being injured in last weekend's big loss to Geelong.

-
Did anyone know this? I've seen a lot of teams with him too :D

Say for example I had player A who is guarenteed a start week in week out and costs the same as player B. However player A is expected to stay the same in value while player B is expected to increase 30, 40 or even 50 grand.

In that scenario, it's worth it if you believe player B is going to increase by another 20-30k the week following and so on. After a number of weeks, that trade would result in a gain much much more than 30 grand (any chance this is relating to Tippett and Hill?).

More important then just money is how you want your team to look at the end of the season. I could trade N.Thompson for Hill and make around 100K+ in the long run, but then i'd have to trade another 'cash cow' to upgrade Hill later in the season to a gun. So i will have used 3 trades to get to that gun, when sticking with N.Thompson i might get away with only using 2 trades to get that gun specially if Thompson can do his part and get over 220-250K.

Look at your team and look at the players you need to upgrade. It will be around 7-10. That's anywhere between 14-20 trades to get them to guns, doesn't leave much room for injuries and that's what will hurt in the final 10 rounds of the season. In other words a trade doesn't have a value, you have to look at the bigger picture.

In that scenario, it's worth it if you believe player B is going to increase by another 20-30k the week following and so on. After a number of weeks, that trade would result in a gain much much more than 30 grand (any chance this is relating to Tippett and Hill?).

Any thoughts on Hill or rioli to bring in. Getting rid of Hawkins and Maguire and looking to bring in Thornton and one of those two.

Any thoughts on Hill or rioli to bring in. Getting rid of Hawkins and Maguire and looking to bring in Thornton and one of those two.

Either Hill or Rioli will be fine. But i'd consider sticking with Hawkins, it's only a matter of time before he goes bang. Up to you though, seems sideishways a bit though. You would have got Hawkins originally as a cash cow and he's playing games so he'll return a profit soon enough.

Sound more Like Hill and Gamble to me.

IMO 20-30 k is not worth it. I try to make 100k+ out of all of my downgrades and even then it sometimes isn't worth it. It can depend on the circumstances (injuries etc.) but the example quoted wouldn't get me to jump on either A or B.

More important then just money is how you want your team to look at the end of the season. I could trade N.Thompson for Hill and make around 100K+ in the long run, but then i'd have to trade another 'cash cow' to upgrade Hill later in the season to a gun. So i will have used 3 trades to get to that gun, when sticking with N.Thompson i might get away with only using 2 trades to get that gun specially if Thompson can do his part and get over 220-250K.

Look at your team and look at the players you need to upgrade. It will be around 7-10. That's anywhere between 14-20 trades to get them to guns, doesn't leave much room for injuries and that's what will hurt in the final 10 rounds of the season. In other words a trade doesn't have a value, you have to look at the bigger picture.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.
It's an interesting one because although I agree with Your theory Butane and that is how I have played the game in the past there is the possibility that Player B increases to a price that requires just the one trade to upgrade therefor you only use the 2 trades anyway.

If not, the money that player makes could result in you only needing one trade to upgrade to a premium in another area meaning you save a trade down the track.

Tippett and Hill is the obvious one but there are a few instances where I can see it could go either way.

Either Hill or Rioli will be fine. But i'd consider sticking with Hawkins, it's only a matter of time before he goes bang. Up to you though, seems sideishways a bit though. You would have got Hawkins originally as a cash cow and he's playing games so he'll return a profit soon enough.

Hawkins to rioli will free up 110 thousand and would expect Rioli to go up a lot more than Hawkins. Hawkins is slightly more than breaking even at the moment. Don't do it this week will miss the chance to get a great rookie.

Not sure what you guys think but i am still not sure what to do with Reilly.

teamround2su7.jpg

1. Keep him for another week and wait and see who comes down under 365k (no trades this week but one next)
2. Straight swap for Murphy, leaving 36k
3. Trade Jetta for Hill, wait a week and get someone who comes down under 407k
4. Trade Jetta for Hill, then get Hayes for Reilly this week

I really am struggling with this, maybe option 2? not sure any ideas or other options you guys can think of that could turn out better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back