AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

:D oh noes i been rumbled!

it was from after rd 1, i got screwed by the server before lockout

i didn't have dew/ drummond

aker, thornton, headland, porps, burton, ibbo, gamble, edwards etc all straight from NAB cup emails

hawthorn boys straight from a friend

midfield is pretty much totally ripped from rd 1 scores.

...thus ends my confession.

most people seem to be suffering in the backline. It is just so thin
Fairly injury or form affected so far this year,thats for sure. Injuries to Malceski, Drummond, Mackie and Walker haven't helped either. Then there are players like Goddard only now just coming back. Add to this some ordinary and/or inconsistent performances from the likes of Cornes, Bowden and P. Burgoyne and you can see why people are scratching their heads. Pretty thin list up the pointy end IMO. Plenty of room for some ~250-300K players to stake a claim to be a lock in DT 2009.

I'm going to trade Fev for Porps so what should I do with the money that I get from the trade. I could;
upgrade Nick Stevens to Marc Murphy or someone in that price range.
upgrade Brad Symes to Bret Thronton or someone in that price range.

Anyone know what the deal with Petterd is? If he can't make it back into this Melbourne side, I can't see him coming back for a while.

Should i cop a zero from edwards or look to do something lol. Cant believe him thompson and Hartlett all not playing lol craaap

Technically no.

Embley is priced at 81 ppw but over the past 7 years has missed 41 games, never playing a full season and only once playing more than 18 games.

Given that you would have to either trade him or play a rookie in his place for the missing matches every year, his value is significantly less.

That's the nice way of putting it. Didn't have time to write a thesis though (no offence Dogs, well done as usual - I was at work). Was quicker to just say he's a shit DT'er. Wasn't expecting a fragile eagles supporter to get upset about it.

Moving on. Can anyone confirm what the magic number is this year?

Was it 4343?

That's the nice way of putting it. Didn't have time to write a thesis though (no offence Dogs, well done as usual - I was at work). Was quicker to just say he's a shit DT'er. Wasn't expecting a fragile eagles supporter to get upset about it.

Moving on. Can anyone confirm what the magic number is this year?

Was it 4343?
yeppers... Though it's subject to change until the movements begin. ;)

I know its not worth it but i need someone to tell me its not worth it.

Trading either hartlett or thompson or edwards to pfieffer or proud?

To stop me from getting a zero.

I doubt either pfieffer or proud will score massively so i wont miss out on much.

How man short are all of you blokes this weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its not worth it but i need someone to tell me its not worth it.

Trading either hartlett or thompson or edwards to pfieffer or proud?

To stop me from getting a zero.

I doubt either pfieffer or proud will score massively so i wont miss out on much.

How man short are all of you blokes this weekend?

Its not worth it. There you go :thumbsu:

I'm not short this week but even if I was I wouldn't do a trade like that.

Sit tight.

Save the trade.

I didn't really want to touch Thornton or Osborne originally, but it looks like Petterd may not get a game for a while and I'm thinking of trading him to Thornton, thoughts? If he starts going down I may just be able to take advantage of his price rise.

Quick Question.

I have Lucas.
I also have 3 non-playing rookies in the backline (ie - I'm gunna get a 0).

Now, while I don't like the idea of trading sideways, how does this sound.

Lucas -> Hill
Hartlett -> [Insert premium here]

Essentially, it's trading trading Lucas for a Premium back, and Hartlett for Hill for a big cash/point bonus...

I didn't really want to touch Thornton or Osborne originally, but it looks like Petterd may not get a game for a while and I'm thinking of trading him to Thornton, thoughts? If he starts going down I may just be able to take advantage of his price rise.
Worth the risk imo.
If it works & he keeps scoring well he will be better in your team than Pettard. & on the flip side if his scores start dropping get rid of him & he should still earn you a handy profit.
I know it's using trades but sometimes it's worth taking a risk.
If it works you will be laughing all the way if it doesn't not too much lost(only two trades but will have extra cash in the bank;))

Just my opinion though;)

I had Petterd as my smokey. He was so smokey he got dropped after round one. I got rid of him straight away. If a player of his quality can't get 22 games with a team like Melbourne its time to push the eject button.

Quick Question.

I have Lucas.
I also have 3 non-playing rookies in the backline (ie - I'm gunna get a 0).

Now, while I don't like the idea of trading sideways, how does this sound.

Lucas -> Hill
Hartlett -> [Insert premium here]

Essentially, it's trading trading Lucas for a Premium back, and Hartlett for Hill for a big cash/point bonus...

I did more or less the same thing mate so I would recommend it :)

Traded Lucas for Hill which allowed me to get rid of Schammer (yes I beleived the hype) for Corey. I just had to have a Geelong midfielder this week and Corey's BE is like 50 or 60 something I think... not that that really matters as I'll keep him all year but most of the Geelong midfield has a BE over 100 I think (which once again probably doesn't mean much this week).

DalSanto

I picked him up this year after seeing his low average last year compared to previous years. But this year is averaging even less (games against Syd and Car). Has he been playing a different role? Is there any reason for his sh*tty scores?

If its just a case of an off week or two i dont care, i selected him to stay there all year, but if there's something i dont know and he might score poorly all year, then i have the cash to upgrade him to a Corey/Ablett before his price drops.

DalSanto

I picked him up this year after seeing his low average last year compared to previous years. But this year is averaging even less (games against Syd and Car). Has he been playing a different role? Is there any reason for his sh*tty scores?

If its just a case of an off week or two i dont care, i selected him to stay there all year, but if there's something i dont know and he might score poorly all year, then i have the cash to upgrade him to a Corey/Ablett before his price drops.

While it doesn't help you, the boy is ripping it up in SuperCoach. :D

Worth the risk imo.
If it works & he keeps scoring well he will be better in your team than Pettard. & on the flip side if his scores start dropping get rid of him & he should still earn you a handy profit.
I know it's using trades but sometimes it's worth taking a risk.
If it works you will be laughing all the way if it doesn't not too much lost(only two trades but will have extra cash in the bank;))

Just my opinion though;)

Exactly my thoughts.

need some help,

will be trading for Hill (as most are)

who to get rid of?
Jetta or Dew?

Obviously Dew is out with a hammy, and jetta hasnt really set the world on fire. I see he's been listed in the forward pocket, havent watched the bommers games, had he been running through the midfield and just not getting the ball, or has he been playing as a small crumbing forward?

If i keep dew i have rioli to play for him so no dramas there.
Who will be the better long term player?

Thanks

I had Petterd as my smokey. He was so smokey he got dropped after round one. I got rid of him straight away. If a player of his quality can't get 22 games with a team like Melbourne its time to push the eject button.

I did more or less the same thing mate so I would recommend it :)

Traded Lucas for Hill which allowed me to get rid of Schammer (yes I beleived the hype) for Corey. I just had to have a Geelong midfielder this week and Corey's BE is like 50 or 60 something I think... not that that really matters as I'll keep him all year but most of the Geelong midfield has a BE over 100 I think (which once again probably doesn't mean much this week).

This is another option for me instead of taking a zero i could do this exact trade however then my forward line would be

PAv
Brown
Thomas
Gamble
Rioli
Porplyzia
Hall

Hill
Tippet

Then i could upgrade hartlett to a premium back like fisher. leaving my backline pretty much the way i would want it

Shaw
Bowden
Cornes
Waters
Birchall
Symes
PREMIUM

What do you guys reckon havent traded so far this year so will be the first two

I can see this as a good trade cause im still improving my team making a zero dissapear for a potentially good score.

Also Lucas was just warming the pine anyway so Hill will be doing the same.

The way i look at it my team increases 80+ points with an extra few $$$ from hill.

Thoughts

My backline struggling this week its

Milburn
C.Cornes
B.Waters
G.Johncock
G.Ibbotson
J.Anthony(please make 22)
E.Barlow

S.Thompson
Lovett Murray

This is another option for me instead of taking a zero i could do this exact trade however then my forward line would be

PAv
Brown
Thomas
Gamble
Rioli
Porplyzia
Hall

Hill
Tippet

Then i could upgrade hartlett to a premium back like fisher. leaving my backline pretty much the way i would want it

Shaw
Bowden
Cornes
Waters
Birchall
Symes
PREMIUM

What do you guys reckon havent traded so far this year so will be the first two

I can see this as a good trade cause im still improving my team making a zero dissapear for a potentially good score.

Also Lucas was just warming the pine anyway so Hill will be doing the same.

The way i look at it my team increases 80+ points with an extra few $$$ from hill.

Thoughts
You're going to need to trade Lucas and now is the best time when you get can someone as cheap as Hill. I like that plan. Consider someone like Milburn as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back