AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
missing 4 players from my backline this week (NLM, SDT, Edwards, Hartlett who i am trading) so will be down 1 player after i do a trade

have 327K, Who would be the best pick?

Jake King
Nathan Bock
Graham Johncock
David Mundy
Craig Bolton
Brett Jones
Bret Thornton (can he keep up the scores?)
Michael Osbourne
Xavier Ellis

the obvious upside to the bottom few are the cash that they will make

I am leaning towards 2 or 3 of those listed, just want to hear peoples opinions
cheers

yeh in same boat, setainta was dropped so i think thornton will take full back dont think he cqn keep it up. i think i might go osbourne

missing 4 players from my backline this week (NLM, SDT, Edwards, Hartlett who i am trading) so will be down 1 player after i do a trade

have 327K, Who would be the best pick?

Jake King
Nathan Bock
Graham Johncock
David Mundy
Craig Bolton
Brett Jones
Bret Thornton (can he keep up the scores?)
Michael Osbourne
Xavier Ellis

the obvious upside to the bottom few are the cash that they will make

I am leaning towards 2 or 3 of those listed, just want to hear peoples opinions
cheers

Mundy or Bojo would be my picks, but really Thornton and Johncock would be good too. Everyone at that price has some question marks over them.

Haven't yet put up my team for inspection, but I may as well do it and see if I can get any thoughts. Especially since its late and all the kiddies have gone to bed. ;)
e9xmpz.jpg

By all means throw the kitchen sink at it..it's far from bullet-proof.
This week I'm going to make my first trade of LeCras for either Hill or Gamble (probably Hill). With no other trades pressing I think I'll sit on the cash. In a few weeks I can hopefully upgrade a backman to P.Burgoyne or Goddard. Hoping that JMac can get a game soon, if not I can use the funds to upgrade him to one of Prismall, Coughlan or someone else who impresses.

Haven't yet put up my team for inspection, but I may as well do it and see if I can get any thoughts. Especially since its late and all the kiddies have gone to bed. ;)
e9xmpz.jpg

By all means throw the kitchen sink at it..it's far from bullet-proof.
This week I'm going to make my first trade of LeCras for either Hill or Gamble (probably Hill). With no other trades pressing I think I'll sit on the cash. In a few weeks I can hopefully upgrade a backman to P.Burgoyne or Goddard. Hoping that JMac can get a game soon, if not I can use the funds to upgrade him to one of Prismall, Coughlan or someone else who impresses.

very nice. possibly one real quality mid short for now but beautiful team. well done and good luck with your trading!

@ BW's for PM:

I think its a fairly standard sort of team. but its pretty good. Not a fan of starting a rookie in the backline (they never score well) but you've got good cash cows in other positions. Would definitely pull the trigger on Lecca -> Hill.

You've got about 11 true keepers by my count which is a good number. Well 10 plus Stevens, not sure if he will eventuate into a keeper this year.

Overall though, good team. Where are you sitting overall?

very nice. possibly one real quality mid short for now but beautiful team. well done and good luck with your trading!
Cheers. The plan for the middle is that at least one of Palmer, Bird, Morton and McNamara will be consistent enough to be keepers for the year. I'll take an average over 70. So that player stays.
That leaves three.
The player who peaks in value first will be traded down mid-season to another rookie (Masten/Myers/Cotchin) and one of the others will be upgraded to a gun once they peak. (I don't expect those two trades to be made in the same week, although perhaps that may happen).
The other will also be used as a cash cow and traded back down to a rookie later in the season or used as a reserve (if there's no decent youngsters to trade down to).
So ideally my midfield will finish something like:
Cross, <premium>, Johnstone, Stevens, Dyson, Palmer, rookie, rookie
Other players that I hope to upgrade are:
Symes, Pfeiffer/Proud, one of Mundy/Bones, one of Deledio/Porpz/Hall, Rioli/Hill. So that's 5 guys that need upgrading = at least 10 trades (possibly more, depending on how my cash cows go).
The other trades will be left for LTI's, and at least one for the League GF - if I can manage to save two like last season I'll be stoked.

Oh and if anyone was up for rating it, heres my team:

Round3.jpg

Ive made one trade so far this season - Jetta out for Hill. Pretty happy with the team so far. Bit cookie cutter, but its working okay for me. :p

Stuffed up getting Meesen but couldnt get on before round 1 to change anything. :rolleyes: Not sure if Lachy Hansen will get games soon either, so he might be out for Pfieffer (if he plays well) next round.

Any thoughts?

@ BW's for PM:

I think its a fairly standard sort of team. but its pretty good. Not a fan of starting a rookie in the backline (they never score well) but you've got good cash cows in other positions. Would definitely pull the trigger on Lecca -> Hill.

You've got about 11 true keepers by my count which is a good number. Well 10 plus Stevens, not sure if he will eventuate into a keeper this year.

Overall though, good team. Where are you sitting overall?
Thanks for the reply. Pre-season I was always going to start a rookie in the back, but in hindsight it may have been better to get someone like Bradshaw as my 7th back. But then he hasn't been going that great either.
Lecca -> Hill is almost a certainty, I'm just holding off until the last minute.
Overall I'm ranked 1109, with a weekly ranking of 337 last week. Its the highest I've ever been, but I plan to improve on that even. ;)

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and if anyone was up for rating it, heres my team:

Round3.jpg

Ive made one trade so far this season - Jetta out for Hill. Pretty happy with the team so far. Bit cookie cutter, but its working okay for me. :p

Stuffed up getting Meesen but couldnt get on before round 1 to change anything. :rolleyes: Not sure if Lachy Hansen will get games soon either, so he might be out for Pfieffer (if he plays well) next round.

Any thoughts?

Solid. Lots of mid ranged players, I am guessing this is aimed at a league win? Im still unconvinced on mattner but if he works out good on you for picking him! I look at your forward line and it is solid, but who are you going to be trading out to get your riewodlts, bjs, chappies?

Solid. Lots of mid ranged players, I am guessing this is aimed at a league win? Im still unconvinced on mattner but if he works out good on you for picking him! I look at your forward line and it is solid, but who are you going to be trading out to get your riewodlts, bjs, chappies?

Nah not really aimed at a league win, but would be happy to pick it up (in a league with mates - been runner up previous two years). I didnt spend a massive amount of time on it due to the late opening and me being on holidays for the week leading up to R1 lockout. Plus never got to log on after teams were announced... :rolleyes:

As far as trading on my forwards goes - Ill be upgrading anyone besides Brown, Pav and Buddy. I figure at least one of Porps, Didak and Deledio will turn into a keeper, saving me a trade. Whoever flounders will be up for trading. Plus it means I score better in the meantime. Prob not the best strategy but its going okay for now.

Oh, and agreed on Mattner. Im not sold either. He (along with Barlow) will be among the first upgrades in my team. Hopefully to P Burgoyne and (in time) an in form/cheap Goddard.

Nah not really aimed at a league win, but would be happy to pick it up (in a league with mates - been runner up previous two years). I didnt spend a massive amount of time on it due to the late opening and me being on holidays for the week leading up to R1 lockout. Plus never got to log on after teams were announced... :rolleyes:

As far as trading on my forwards goes - Ill be upgrading anyone besides Brown, Pav and Buddy. I figure at least one of Porps, Didak and Deledio will turn into a keeper, saving me a trade. Whoever flounders will be up for trading. Plus it means I score better in the meantime. Prob not the best strategy but its going okay for now.

Oh, and agreed on Mattner. Im not sold either. He (along with Barlow) will be among the first upgrades in my team. Hopefully to P Burgoyne and (in time) an in form/cheap Goddard.

re the forward line, porps, lids and dids all look to be 85-90 players, which makes them kind of tough to upgrade, if you know what i mean. They are sort of in no mans lands, good if you have one of them as a seventh player on the line, but three is a lot. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but hopefully you can see what I am trying to say

re the forward line, porps, lids and dids all look to be 85-90 players, which makes them kind of tough to upgrade, if you know what i mean. They are sort of in no mans lands, good if you have one of them as a seventh player on the line, but three is a lot. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but hopefully you can see what I am trying to say

I can definitely see what your saying. If I had more time to my team pre-round 1, I would have Jetta our for a rook (probably Gamble) and upgrade one of those three to a true elite. But to be perfectly honest, I dont see all three averaging 85+. I think Deledio will be inconsistent (as always) and average 70's. In which case he is gone.

Ideally my end of year forwardline will compose of:

Pav, Brown, Chapman, Franklin, Roo, 2 of Porps/Lids/Dids

Should be solid enough. My backline is more of a worry for me right now, much more players to upgrade...

I can definitely see what your saying. If I had more time to my team pre-round 1, I would have Jetta our for a rook (probably Gamble) and upgrade one of those three to a true elite. But to be perfectly honest, I dont see all three averaging 85+. I think Deledio will be inconsistent (as always) and average 70's. In which case he is gone.

Ideally my end of year forwardline will compose of:

Pav, Brown, Chapman, Franklin, Roo, 2 of Porps/Lids/Dids

Should be solid enough. My backline is more of a worry for me right now, much more players to upgrade...

most people seem to be suffering in the backline. It is just so thin

ok boys, modra has these options

1. drummond out for burgoyne

2. drummonf out for fisher/milburn and hope that burgoyne is cheap enoguhto trade bradshaw for in a few weeks....

leaning towards 1 but not sure

ps ____ laidley

2. drummonf out for fisher/milburn and hope that burgoyne is cheap enoguhto trade bradshaw for in a few weeks....

ps ____ laidley

Just trying to do the same. I'm leaning towards McPhee more. Either him or do 2 trades into Cornes.

ps ____ laidley

I would say get the best player you can, ie burgoyne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back