Forwards

B.Deledio
B.Hall
J.Brown
W.Tredrea
S.Lucas
A.Didak
N.Thompson

I think you've got a few too many risky players Mitchell....

With Thompson coming back from a Knee reconstruction and at the age 30 he will most likely be playing very close to goal, meaning a drop in DT points.

Dew on the other hand, will be playing on the HFF and pinch hitting in the midfield. Judging by his PS and how the coaching staff rate him I would expect him to play the 22 games this season, barring injury

Thompson could be worth a punt though, he might be able kick a bag at the start of the year and you could ride his price rice then offload him

I have Dew on the bench but based on that assessment I think you've convinced me to start him on the ground and see how that changes things.

which 2 should i go 4. symes, kenelly and smith? unsure really. positives out of swapping symes for kenelly would be that i could upgrade schammer to murphy....

Thanks for the tips guys:thumbsu:

I ended up going with Shaw and Bradshaw.

Well im really happy with the way my team is structured. Not necessarily the players, as we all know everyone will change their team a 100 times before round 1:D

I tried making a team using the guns/cash cows theory.

Have 9 players over 400k:D

4 over 300k

and the rest is crud really:(

Only took me about 10 minutes too. Would be really disheartening if this line up did better than the team I've spent a week creating...:rolleyes:

i really like mine :thumbsu: iv got 14 players over 300 grand with 10 over 360. and the other 4 i like alot. myers, stevens, dew and palmer. :thumbsu:

FJ, if playing Smith and Symes allows you to trade Schammer for Murphy, I'd do it :thumbsu:. Smith is probably the best option of the 3 anyway.

Any suggestions around their prices?

Unfortunately not a lot. Douglas, Griggs and McNamara would be players I'd consider for Butler (not sure of the price differentials there though). I really am not sure about swapping Tredders, there isn't much there, perhaps a shuffling of the structure is in order. Or just back your own judgement and keep 'em, though I don't think Butler will play Round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going with first year players in your starting 22 is not the right move, imo.
Will take ages for them to go up in cash and will score 40-50 for your team and that's if they play.

Myers is not a certainty to play Round 1.

Going with first year players in your starting 22 is not the right move, imo.
Will take ages for them to go up in cash and will score 40-50 for your team and that's if they play.

Myers is not a certainty to play Round 1.

For starters you make sure they play. Your lowest priced starting defender / forward wont score more than that anyway. If it's a choice between a youngster in the forward line and say someone like Bradshaw, I'd go for the youngster. Their output will be similar and you will have more money to strenghten another position. Lets not forget Bradshaw is coming back from two knee recos. He's not going to fire up and score 80's and 90's immediately. Therefore, selecting the cheaper option can be beneficial.

Confirmation that Biglands has suffered another injury on the knee that kept him out last season, looks like he needs another reconstruction:
http://www.afl.com.au/InternationalCupNews/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=54922

You gotta feel for this bloke :(

Poor Adelaide! They are going to be having to choose out of K. Tippett, B. Moran, I. Maric, J. Sellar and J. Griffin! How is that for an inexperienced ruck setup. Who do you think will step up from them?

For starters you make sure they play. Your lowest priced starting defender / forward wont score more than that anyway. If it's a choice between a youngster in the forward line and say someone like Bradshaw, I'd go for the youngster. Their output will be similar and you will have more money to strenghten another position. Lets not forget Bradshaw is coming back from two knee recos. He's not going to fire up and score 80's and 90's immediately. Therefore, selecting the cheaper option can be beneifcial.

Umm... I wasn't aware he had two... :confused:

Maric and Griffin would get the two ruck spots I'd imagine, and Tippett and Sellar will spend more time in the forwardline...

Poor Adelaide! They are going to be having to choose out of K. Tippett, B. Moran, I. Maric, J. Sellar and J. Griffin! How is that for an inexperienced ruck setup. Who do you think will step up from them?

I might pick up I. Maric . Him and Sellar can both play foward as well. And Maric is only around 200k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back