Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still enjoying it. I look forward to seeing what's in the patches. Hoping they concentrate on gameday issues first (eg ruckman bug, out on the full bug, issues with AI accuracy, framerates and audio etc), then tackle the more substantial career mode issues after that. I'm happy to wait a bit longer for those issues to be fixed.

If they abandon support without fixing these issues though, well, that's it for me.

Geez.... that Wicked Sports forum for bug reporting....

WW: 'Bug reporting best practices. Post as much detail as possible, including platform, game version, and what you were doing to make it happen. Add screenshots/videos as well please.'

Users: I'll create a thread called 'my issues' not specific to one problem..... that'll contain duplicate bug posts from the known issues list....in a huge block of text.... which isn't descriptive at all.... calls everything a 'glitch'.... and has no mention of platform, version, why it happened, what it should do, etc....

This is why proper QA testers are worth their weight in gold! They know how to report and articulate the issues.

At risk of slight thread derail, to BigAntStudios and anyone else with dev knowledge, how would/could you use machine learning for an AFL game?
Could you do something like getting data from the clubs or champion data, like player position heat maps, then running that through some ML network to get semi realistic player movement/running/leading patterns for the AI controlled players?
Get the game to play itself or the all teams to play each other thousands of times to get more realistic results and tactics?
You could also maybe do this for more realistic trading trandactions. Get historical data and use the current draft/trade points system and run it through thousands of times as well as perhaps get the game to collect all player trade transactions and send them back to base so you could compile them in a database and spot trade tendencies to get more realistic ai trades.

Also to TruBlu, why is the game not being advertised on the AFL website yet? It's available on the online marketplaces now and the stars have practically aligned to sell an AFL game right now. Surely there is something somewhere in a contract where the AFL would advertise your game.

Also to TruBlu, why is the game not being advertised on the AFL website yet? It's available on the online marketplaces now and the stars have practically aligned to sell an AFL game right now. Surely there is something somewhere in a contract where the AFL would advertise your game.

It's not even on their own website: https://www.trublu.com.au/ :drunk:

At risk of slight thread derail, to BigAntStudios and anyone else with dev knowledge, how would/could you use machine learning for an AFL game?
Could you do something like getting data from the clubs or champion data, like player position heat maps, then running that through some ML network to get semi realistic player movement/running/leading patterns for the AI controlled players?
Get the game to play itself or the all teams to play each other thousands of times to get more realistic results and tactics?
You could also maybe do this for more realistic trading trandactions. Get historical data and use the current draft/trade points system and run it through thousands of times as well as perhaps get the game to collect all player trade transactions and send them back to base so you could compile them in a database and spot trade tendencies to get more realistic ai trades.

That's exactly what we did for AFL Live and our other games. We had coaches in, for around 6 months we worked with Bucks when he was assistant to Malthouse (he was awesome, indeed Collingwood were the best club we worked with at the time, incredibly professional and driven). We then had millions of hours of machine learning, it allows you to do multiple team v team matrices that could not possibly be done by humans (the team would be exponentially big).

Evo 2 was on afl.com.au for the first week at least.

This thread is totally derailed but I do make sure that Sebastian Giompaolo is kept in the loop.

WW: 'Bug reporting best practices. Post as much detail as possible, including platform, game version, and what you were doing to make it happen. Add screenshots/videos as well please.'

Users: I'll create a thread called 'my issues' not specific to one problem..... that'll contain duplicate bug posts from the known issues list....in a huge block of text.... which isn't descriptive at all.... calls everything a 'glitch'.... and has no mention of platform, version, why it happened, what it should do, etc....

This is why proper QA testers are worth their weight in gold! They know how to report and articulate the issues.

Hence why they clearly didn't use any before release.

As a PC tech, I feel the pain. Nearly every day, "What's the problem with the computer?"

"It doesn't work."

"Well no ****ing shit."

This is basically our life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just turn it off and on again?
You'd be surprised how many people know of that line and still don't think to do it. We'll ask if they've done it and they'll sort of laugh, then be like "Oh... No I haven't."

What's the glitch you're talking about?
Well going on the post directly after mine it may not actually be a glitch (I'd heard it called a glitch in YouTube videos) but some handball queuing system, which I had no idea about. I don't even recall seeing it mentioned in the game? But could be wrong.

Regardless though, it is a bit too easy to do, glitch or not.

Anyway even funnier is the selection system in pro career, which has been touched on, on this page. I had (ironically) Chris Judd get a BOG performance, nearly double touches of anyone else on the ground, 4 goals from the midfield.... back to the VFL. LOL :drunk:

You'd be surprised how many people know of that line and still don't think to do it. We'll ask if they've done it and they'll sort of laugh, then be like "Oh... No I haven't."

When I did a programming cert one of the serious fixes listed for stuff was restarting the IDE haha.

When I did a programming cert one of the serious fixes listed for stuff was restarting the IDE haha.

Windows. iOS. You are crazy if you don't just reboot these every now and again.

With queuing, it's not a bad thing, we had it in builds of RLL where you could do "quick hands" by having a number of passes in a que, you just need to also have a cancel button. e.g. running up the wing, can see two open players, que two handballs while the ball is in the air, get two quick handballs off when it's taken by the player - change your mind, hit the cancel button while the ball is in the air or before the second player gets it.

As a PC tech, I feel the pain. Nearly every day, "What's the problem with the computer?"

"It doesn't work."

"Well no ******* shit."

This is basically our life.

In my old job I had away round the IT guys... Putty in my hands, until I over heard one of the them telling their colleague on the phone, 'I'm with the thick Australian bitch, no the really self absorbed one'... I went through a life check there and then.

With queuing, it's not a bad thing, we had it in builds of RLL where you could do "quick hands" by having a number of passes in a que, you just need to also have a cancel button. e.g. running up the wing, can see two open players, que two handballs while the ball is in the air, get two quick handballs off when it's taken by the player - change your mind, hit the cancel button while the ball is in the air or before the second player gets it.
The only problem being is the opposition would intercept and be in under your posts.

Just annoying when you're sitting there having an argument with your computer because it says something as silly as say a namespace is missing or incorrect, but you know it's not. Then you threaten it with a reboot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back