Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the first AFL game I've played since the first live. I know others have asked on here but I can't seem to find a straight forward answer on marking and can't for the life of me work it out/ I've played probably 30 games up to senior difficulty and still get outmarked almost every single time. Appreciate there is a learning curve to these things but this is ridiculous.

The mark registers as I get the green circle but no matter how I time it or whether I brace or use the bump, whether I'm in front or behind I can't grab it.

If anyone can provide any tips, insight it would be greatly appreciated as it's a few games away from being a coaster.

There is no timing to it. It's all about positioning and, in higher difficulties, things like bumping and bracing.

I personally think it has improved dramatically. I love that positioning is much more important than timing.

I dunno

I haven't played it yet but a lot of things people are praising for it, I think were present in Evo 1. Most just didn't stick with it for long to figure it out. I did like Evo 1 more than most so from the sounds of it this might be still likeable but ultimately not a big improvement to me.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The blatant rubber banding is becoming really annoying now. When the AI decides it needs to come back there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop it. I hate sport games taking away player control like they do. Has been a hallmark of many AFL games.
Games need some sort of momentum system where for a period of time a team's stats can increase by 10% or something following an event that night cause that in real sports.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

For those thinking of forking out and just buying it.

Is it still crap? Yes.

Do you get enjoyment out of it still? Yes.

Is it the best footy game as yet? Probably.

Does it frustrate you to the max with all the bugs and brokenness? Absolutely it will send you bonkers.

Initially it's good just to be playing a new footy game, but the more I play it the more the gloss wares off and I think it's pretty average. It's certainly not a game I 'love'.

If you're a footy tragic like me, go ahead, but in all likelihood it's probably going to end up getting shelved unless subsequent patches turn it into a new game.

Hey guys and girls. Obviously I’m not alone when it comes to being a footy tragic, but I’m missing footy that much that I’ve taken the SC Draft teams that my mates and I picked prior to the season, and I’ve created the teams on AFL Evolution 2. 10 minutes quarters, completely AI players. I’m simulating through a season whilst manually keeping track of results and stats.

83C5B572-4155-49E3-91F2-64D34F94FC6C.jpeg
186D7673-8F44-424A-8DF0-8C1BAF7FC397.jpeg

I broadcast the game on Twitch, then export it to YouTube when it saves.

I don’t expect anyone to sit there and watch the games (although I have, and despite the game being glitchy sometimes, the unpredictability of the result and game has actually created quite a bit of entertainment), I’d love if you could subscribe to me on Twitch and/or YouTube simply for the effort I’m going to for a footy fix, that’d be greatly appreciated ❤

www.twitch.tv/jjsmitty8

Before I let you go, I know it’s a video game, but just as example, a game I just broadcast earlier today had a cracking finish! A 31 point 3/4 deficit ended in dramatic fashion! Even if you just pick up from half through the last and get me a view on my vid you won’t regret it, the finish is just as good as the real thing:) peace fam, and hopefully we’ve got the real stuff back soon.

There is no timing to it. It's all about positioning and, in higher difficulties, things like bumping and bracing.

I personally think it has improved dramatically. I love that positioning is much more important than timing.
As I said didn’t play the first one so can’t speak for any improvement but rising star is comically easy and the move to senior is like playing a totally different game. Throw the ball every time you get tackled, opposition wins centre clearance and suddenly kicks to

That might be the case but not having played the first one I can’t say if it’s an improvement.

Whatever the positioning I can’t work it out. Run to the middle or the circle, brace, get out marked. Play in front, bloke takes mark over the top. Come from behind us it gets cut off. Try to bump in contest, circle turns to cross and ends with comical animation of player throwing himself off the ball.

Also don’t understand how the AI wins the tap and kicks to a 3 on 1.

I really want to like this but it’s frustrating enough that the good stuff just doesn’t outweigh it.

Oh has anyone else noticed the random graphics glitch whenever a behind is kicked? The crowd instantly goes from frantically cheering to dead still, and the overall brightness / contrast of the game is bumped by about 15% until it switches to the next camera angle.

Haha Yep noticed this and the ball disappears in the air.

also- is every player really muscley and has a big chest??

No but I got drafted at pick 83 by Fremantle which is worse.
I got drafted to Brisbane pick 78 despite missing 12 weeks of the season with a broken foot...

I still won the Monash medal and club leading goal kicker 😂❤️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may not be related but does anyone elses PS4 somehow turn itself on and eject a disc at random? It only happens when AFL had been in the console. Unless its a sign....🤔

Sounds like you have the auto-eject PS4, my launch PS4 did the same thing.

It's loose manual eject screw.

Sounds like you have the auto-eject PS4, my launch PS4 did the same thing.

It's loose manual eject screw.

Legend! Thanks! I’ve had the PS4 since December 2013 and through the 50-odd games I’ve had this has never happened before 😂

And this guy is a celebrated hero in the SFA... A total dick!

Anyway back on 'hopeful' topic... When this game launches on the PS store I hope the patch is decisive and adds than disrupts the game play. Would be Good to have some feeling on it.

Can we stop having posts about postage because no one cares and it's not about the game.

And this guy is a celebrated hero in the SFA... A total dick!

Anyway back on 'hopeful' topic... When this game launches on the PS store I hope the patch is decisive and adds than disrupts the game play. Would be Good to have some feeling on it.

Can we stop having posts about postage because no one cares and it's not about the game.

You stuck in the past or something? You know it launched on the PS store on the 9th right?

I live in the UK and it hasn't released here yet. 16 is the date I have been told.

That has it listed as the 9th, I'm pretty sure they pushed it forward everywhere digitally as well not just Australia.

I live in the UK and it hasn't released here yet. 16 is the date I have been told.

I live in the UK and got it on Friday from the PS4 store.

That has it listed as the 9th, I'm pretty sure they pushed it forward everywhere digitally as well not just Australia.
Oops, I've been checking 'new' listings... Just checked 'games' and it's there. Thanks, feel like a dick so can we keep this between us... Three days I can't get back!

So AFL Live surely must have scored 10/10s from the likes of IGN and Gamespot
6.5 and 6 respectively, but it's really irrelevant because Evolution was never reviewed by either outlet and it's unlikely Evo 2 will be either, so there's no comparison point. Also, I take reviews for AFL games and any niche sports title with a large grain of salt because it often feels like the reviewers lack perspective or an understanding of what is important in the game.

I live in the UK and got it on Friday from the PS4 store.
I didn't look in the right areas, seen it thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back