AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why there are complaints. For what it is, the graphics look fine

If they have those graphics, with decent game play, we'll have a good game. I'm not expecting a great game. I'm expecting a good one that is fun to play and feels like AFL

I see people on FB comparing the game to FIFA and NBA and those who do will be sorely disappointed. But that's there issue

Can't wait for actual in game footage

I don't see the graphics as much of an upgrade over Live 2. The cutscenes are extremely similiar, animations are clunky and it looks ordinary.

Considering that the gameplay needs a complete overhaul from Live 2, I don't find this promising. Maybe they focused their entire development time on gameplay, but I need some convincing to buy the game.

We have not announced the feature list yet, but some of the big ones are that there is a career mode to play and manage teams, and a pro mode to play as one player through a career, an online fan hub system and dozens of smaller features such as body shapes, tattoos, grubber kicks, lob handballs, and yes, even socks up or down.

So, TWISTIE3 just released a comparison between AFL Live 2 and AFL Evolution.

I think it does look better and that there is more polish but it's your call on it.

Well that pretty clearly proves that Evolution looks a hell of a lot better

Reading the comments on twisties vid makes me think those people are either blind or being negative deliberately, it isn't NBA 2k but it's a major improvement on Live 2

Looks like a PS3 game that has been upscaled for PS4. As opposed to a completely different game engine.

(eg: AFL 2003 on PS2 was a massive jump up compared to AFL 99 on PS1)

It definitely looks better if not radically so but then AFL Live 2 would have been pretty enough if the gameplay was there so considering we're a console generation further along I'm thinking we're in about the same spot. Its not going to be the type of game where you keep coming to a standstill on the 50m arc just so you can slowly pan about the stadium but it's certainly good enough if its a fun game to play and has some solid online options.

What I am hoping for graphics wise is that accuracy much deeper into the playing lists, I remember when this promo pic came out for AFL Live 2, that's Silvagni on the left and then Johnson marking with Ballantyne in the background but that's some pretty dodgy likenesses for the last two considering they weren't exactly fringe players at the time.

AFLive-1-HD.jpg

TLDR : That's AFL LIVE 2 above not Evolution.

Surely Round 1 will see our first game play footage even if it is another teaser.

If it has the same bug as Live 2 where from the very first clearance of the game every forward would be standing more than 20m from a defender, it's a disaster to me

Also remember I'm the one who said the Wii U would be the biggest bomb in video gaming of the mellinium. Dead right.

the fact that you think you were the first/only person to say this tells me a lot about what you think you know about games

also the new footage looks great but i really hope they add something unique to the banners, a message that randomly changes would be a nice touch

Had a dream I saw the trailer.

Was pretty much AFL Live 2004 - a lot of blokes looking like Joe Misiti and some weird animations. All I could think was 'the boys on BigFooty won't be happy'. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a dream I saw the trailer.

Was pretty much AFL Live 2004 - a lot of blokes looking like Joe Misiti and some weird animations. All I could think was 'the boys on BigFooty won't be happy'. :$
All I can say about that is that I'm still waiting for that Fat Joe Misiti from AFL Live 2004, Jarrad "Spindleshanks" Grant and Brian Taylor cover for AFL Evolution. XD

WW also developed Rugby Challenge 3 a couple of years ago and it was pretty good in terms of gameplay upgrades from the previous version of the game...

So perhaps this new AFL game could be an even better upgrade on that etc....

Remembering that AFL Live 2 on the iPad release had improvements from the previous port..

so there is hope for a pretty good game...

pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good!

I think it does look better and that there is more polish but it's your call on it.

The colours look a lot more washed out in Evolution. Richmond's guernseys are very grey (which might be because they're based on last years BLK guernseys) and the grass texture is barely visible. I like that the picture is brighter overall because AFL Live 2 was often too shadowy which made things hard to see at times but the flipside now is that everything looks a bit flat.

I noticed the Guernseys don't have creases on them either. Makes them look painted on basically. I think it actually adds to the blocky feel of the player models, too smooth.

Sounds like a nitpick but I think it does make a difference.

I noticed the Guernseys don't have creases on them either. Makes them look painted on basically. I think it actually adds to the blocky feel of the player models, too smooth.

I was just freeze framing on them a minute ago.
Thought they were painted on also. Can see a little rise on the sleeve on the shoulder but certainly looks stuck to the skin.

I expected a bit more.

I was just freeze framing on them a minute ago.
Thought they were painted on also. Can see a little rise on the sleeve on the shoulder but certainly looks stuck to the skin.

I expected a bit more.

It's an issue that seems to crop up in this niche market.

One of the reasons DBC17 felt like a downgrade was that the player models fell victim to a similar situation. More on the front of the models though.

It's such a tiny thing that makes a fairly large difference in presentation.

Obviously, gameplay is king and all that.

A lot of FB posts pointing out that Dan Jackson was still in the clip despite his retirement. Haven't got time to check.

Also that comparison to AFL Live 2 doesn't look much better IMHO.

A lot of FB posts pointing out that Dan Jackson was still in the clip despite his retirement. Haven't got time to check.

The way the AFL seem to be going with approvals, they probably made that video last year and the AFL has only finally approved it for release

Noticed that as well particularly at the start on the back of the 23 (shouldn't be a problem with the far camera of regular play but with the 3rd person camera in pro mode might be kinda irritating)

I remember playing FIFA 08 for the first time and losing my mind at the moving creases on their clothes haha

Just based on that comparison, it seems pretty line-ball. The Evolution stadium looks better, but the way the players move, their skin tone, and the grass texture almost look better in Live 2. Maybe it's just the way the lighting is.

Is that him wearing #23 at the very start? Doesn't look like Lambert too much who appears in the next shot I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back