AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 teams says to me that there's going to be AFL, TAC, AFLW, VFL, SANFL, WAFL, NEAFL, which adds up to 78 and then my guess is that they include 2 representative teams with the Big V and then Allies. Honestly don't mind the variety but I don't really seem it necessary.
Actually, I'm thinking of AFL, VFL, TAC, NAB U18, International Cup, Bonus Teams plus FanHub.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ARCAFLEvolution

Everyone feel free to join this group.

We support all platforms and will be running online competitions! There are still vacancies across XBOX ONE and PC! PS4 is currently filled but players can drop out and spots can become available for PS4.

Join the group and get your name down for a team! Or even to just be part of a great cultured community with fellow excited passionate AFL gamers! :)

Last edited:
Anyone have ideas on the soundtrack of the game? I hope it has 5-10 songs so it would not get too annoying after a while.

What's the third best Weezer album?

Good question. In terms of whole albums, I'd probably say White. But I think other albums such as Maladroit or Green have a couple of their best songs. It's tough to make the decision.

Overall as an album it's White ahead of Maladroit and Ewbaite.

Green is a bit formulaic. Red hits some high points but doesnt quite feel complete.

Overall as an album it's White ahead of Maladroit and Ewbaite.

Green is a bit formulaic. Red hits some high points but doesnt quite feel complete.
I would agree. Green is extremely samey. EWBAITE, while still good, doesn't quite feel as cohesive an album as White. Maladroit has some excellent tracks but also a lot of filler and Red has some absolute stinkers (apart from Angel and the One, which is one of my favourite songs of theirs, and a few others).

It looks like they're going to get the window dressing right. A deep career mode and a solid creation suite is important.

We just need it to play well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yep, and i have a bit of confidence in that, because Rugby Challenge 3 had pretty good gameplay.

At the very least, finally a next gen game that they can hopefully update every year instead of building from scratch..

but it has to sell well..

just waiting for some gameplay footage now....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The modes and content sound promising. Most character models seem recognisable. It's a solid grounding.

We're still sitting with no idea on the most important part of all, though: the gameplay. All of the above is for nought if it isn't up to scratch. I really hope we get something soon.

I would agree. Green is extremely samey. EWBAITE, while still good, doesn't quite feel as cohesive an album as White. Maladroit has some excellent tracks but also a lot of filler and Red has some absolute stinkers (apart from Angel and the One, which is one of my favourite songs of theirs, and a few others).
I liked how ambitious Red was but it sort of stopped just as it was gathering steam because Rivers allowed the other guys to sing in three of the most forgettable Weezer songs of all time. Very disjointed album.

Looking forward to getting drafted by an interstate club, play all 22 games then demand a trade to Collingwood due to homesickness. :)

Of course if a Victorian club drafts me I'll need a new plan.

The modes and content sound promising. Most character models seem recognisable. It's a solid grounding.

We're still sitting with no idea on the most important part of all, though: the gameplay. All of the above is for nought if it isn't up to scratch. I really hope we get something soon.
Well for a start, we do know something about the gameplay. We have been told "New Gameplay, built from the ground up, AFL Evolution offers the ultimate footy gameplay experience, now bigger and better than any other footy game before." We also know by the new screenshots of gameplay that the kicking actions have been fixed. Cunnington and Shaw's kicking actions seem realistic as their body and kicking leg are following straight, through the ball instead of leaning away from the footy upload_2017-3-19_10-33-53.png

Well for a start, we do know something about the gameplay. We have been told "New Gameplay, built from the ground up, AFL Evolution offers the ultimate footy gameplay experience, now bigger and better than any other footy game before." We also know by the new screenshots of gameplay that the kicking actions have been fixed. Cunnington and Shaw's kicking actions seem realistic as their body and kicking leg are following straight, through the ball instead of leaning away from the footyView attachment 347145
Not to mention how good Buddy's kicking action looks (sorry for the sideways image):

17409691_10211943425878184_572574725_n.jpg

The 80 teams is interesting as I doubt Live 2 had anywhere near that many

AFLW is really interesting cause we know they're up to something with it the question is when we'll see it (I still think 2018 DLC but you never know)

Does anyone know where those recent screenshots and info have come from ?

The 80 teams is interesting as I doubt Live 2 had anywhere near that many

AFLW is really interesting cause we know they're up to something with it the question is when we'll see it (I still think 2018 DLC but you never know)

Does anyone know where those recent screenshots and info have come from ?
Sounds like it's a promo box that's made its way into some EB stores.

80 teams says to me that there's going to be AFL, TAC, AFLW, VFL, SANFL, WAFL, NEAFL, which adds up to 78 and then my guess is that they include 2 representative teams with the Big V and then Allies. Honestly don't mind the variety but I don't really seem it necessary.

I think your maths is a wee bit off. 18 + 12 + 8 + 14 + 10 + 9 + 10 = 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back