AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember whether other AFL games have had this but would like to have the ability to approve and deny trades made between cpu teams. For those of us who would like to keep things as realistic as possible, given even 2k and FIFA have ridiculous cpu-cpu transfers.

Also the ability to edit players' attributes in-season so we don't have 87 rated 18 year olds in the draft like Live 2

Then you don't know what satire means.

Hint: 'Satire' and 'sarcasm' aren't interchangeable.

The article is more satirical as it never directly says 'The 2002 Carlton team was bad' or used sarcasm such as 'We all want to play as the 2002 Carlton team because they were so great'

“We thought after the Brisbane Lions 2001-2003 squad, and the ‘Baby Bombers’ of 1993, this Carlton team was the most notorious,

“Now Carlton and AFL fans can live out their dream of running out onto the hallowed turf of Colonial Stadium as Andrew Eccles or Adrian Hickmott.

“The way we saw it, we couldn’t create a Legendary Teams feature and not include Jimmy Plunkett streaming off a wing.”

They are over exaggerating the desire to play as the team and mocking the side at the same time because they were so hopeless and it is somewhat subtle but implied they are terrible without directly stating that they are.

The article is more satirical as it never directly says 'The 2002 Carlton team was bad' or used sarcasm such as 'We all want to play as the 2002 Carlton team because they were so great'

“We thought after the Brisbane Lions 2001-2003 squad, and the ‘Baby Bombers’ of 1993, this Carlton team was the most notorious,

“Now Carlton and AFL fans can live out their dream of running out onto the hallowed turf of Colonial Stadium as Andrew Eccles or Adrian Hickmott.

“The way we saw it, we couldn’t create a Legendary Teams feature and not include Jimmy Plunkett streaming off a wing.”

They are over exaggerating the desire to play as the team and mocking the side at the same time because they were so hopeless and it is somewhat subtle but implied they are terrible without directly stating that they are.

That's still not satire. Satire implies some form of social commentary, 'lol Carlton are shit' is not social commentary. Look up the meaning of the word before you start pretentiously throwing it around.

That's still not what satire is. Look up the meaning of the word.

Use examples and explain how it isn't.
I just talked about how it was over exaggerating and not directly stating what it was implying. The onion is satire and they do the same thing but in relation to politics.

Look, mate - it's satirical. Give up this ridiculous argument.

No he actually does have a point about satire being a social commentary but it is one of the purposes that satire is used but is not mandatory. Honestly I could grasp at straws and come up with some vague use of how the article is a social commentary.

Not knocking the hard work that GTL put into those ratings though. Annoyed a lot of people but can see the effort he put in.

No one's doubting the effort, we were all just confused as to why anyone would devote that time and effort into something so futile. Like if my neighbour spent all Summer gluing seashells to the outside of her house. You'd admire the effort, but at the same time be thinking "Why though?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when you think this thread can't get any worse.
I'm honestly not sure what's worse: the fact that we're arguing about sarcasm vs. satire, or that it's still not the most ridiculous argument this thread has housed.

I'm really curious to see how pro mode will play tbh

I imagine there's gonna be a fair bit of your teammates passing you the ball everytime you call for it but hopefully it's not stupid and they don't pass it when it makes no sense

I imagine there's gonna be a fair bit of your teammates passing you the ball everytime you call for it but hopefully it's not stupid and they don't pass it when it makes no sense

Yeah thats how I envision it too. Really FIFA-esque and probably with that behind player camera angle (which I'm not personally a big fan of)

Yeah thats how I envision it too. Really FIFA-esque and probably with that behind player camera angle (which I'm not personally a big fan of)
I love that behind player 2k style camera so it will be interesting to see how it would translate to AFL

They're gonna need good gameplay to make playing back feel realistic as if it's like Live 1 where spoiling was pretty easy then it's gonna be easy to keep your opponent goalless

I love that behind player 2k style camera so it will be interesting to see how it would translate to AFL

They're gonna need good gameplay to make playing back feel realistic as if it's like Live 1 where spoiling was pretty easy then it's gonna be easy to keep your opponent goalless

I like it in 2K but in FIFA or AFL when there's a decent-sized field to cover (especially if your player is in the defensive end) I always found it useless to see further up the ground.

I like it in 2K but in FIFA or AFL when there's a decent-sized field to cover (especially if your player is in the defensive end) I always found it useless to see further up the ground.
Personally I like the idea of replicating reality as much as possible so I like having the camera behind my player and if I'm deep forward/back I can see the play coming at me like I would in real life

But I can understand how that could become frustrating for others

Well don't call for the ball when it doesn't make sense.

Can't remember whether other AFL games have had this but would like to have the ability to approve and deny trades made between cpu teams. For those of us who would like to keep things as realistic as possible, given even 2k and FIFA have ridiculous cpu-cpu transfers.

Also the ability to edit players' attributes in-season so we don't have 87 rated 18 year olds in the draft like Live 2
Two of my favourite features in NBA2K17 are the ability to edit draft classes because then you can have real rookies who are as good as they are. The other is the creation suite, that's pretty premium and I'd probably rate it higher than Don Bradman Cricket 17. They're probably what WW should be realistically striving for after good gameplay of course.

It's nice to know that you can appreciate satire.
I can appreciate satire. I just didn't appreciate that particular piece. Sorry if my opinion offended you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back