AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brisbane image is a bit odd as the ruckman look like they're competing for a ball up rather than a centre bounce but the umpire is behind them ?

Other than that the image looks great (seriously who doesn't love that Lions guernsey)
You do know umps run backwards after they throw the ball up right ....

Definitely better than a trailer to coincide with round 1!

I'm not really surprised they haven't released a trailer yet. Would make too much sense

You do know umps run backwards after they throw the ball up right ....
It just looks odd when the ruckman would've started facing each other like the Gold Coast/Carlton image (but could be 100 reasons as to why they're like that so I've really got no complaints)

a58f7c3ef3d47afa82f362ca29d9e3c1.jpg

"See you at the MCG tonight to kick off the first game of Round 1!!"

Possibly a hint for a game reveal tonight? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. I feel like a kid at Toys R Us okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a58f7c3ef3d47afa82f362ca29d9e3c1.jpg

"See you at the MCG tonight to kick off the first game of Round 1!!"

Possibly a hint for a game reveal tonight? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. I feel like a kid at Toys R Us okay.

Reading to much, just a grab your attention post with Round 1 opener going on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graphics are good for an AFL game. I'll give them that. But...

- Players all stand with the exact same stance.
- Players kick off their non-preferred when not under pressure.
- Players seem to be jogging to positions that make no sense during play.
- Players all seem to be stuck in their positions without any movement at the centre bounce.
- No congestion at bounces whatsoever which isn't at all realistic
- Most/all kicking animations look extremely similar.
- Other than height and skin colour, players bodys all seem to be the same.

I really don't have high hopes for the gameplay. I like the graphics, game modes, range of teams etc. but somethimg about all these sreenshots screams average gameplay to me. I'd obviously be estatic to change my mind when the trailer comes out if it looks the goods... just have a bad vibe about it atm.

Players all stand with the exact same stance.
This I agree with. In AFL Live 2 it was so obvious that each player stood with a single stance animation. I truly hope this isn't the case in AFL Evolution, but I'm beginning to think it probably is.

This I agree with. In AFL Live 2 it was so obvious that each player stood with a single stance animation. I truly hope this isn't the case in AFL Evolution, but I'm beginning to think it probably is.
I know it's only minor but it takes you away from realism. Not sure how hard it would be to add a few players with hands on hips, or hands on knees etc.

Apparently we should be expecting a trailer in the next 24 hours could just be rumours though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back