AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have spent a while thinking about the 80 teams thing, but it seems as though most of my thoughts have just been posted lol. I just hope that it is the reserves leagues and not just something to do with the FanHub.

Not to mention how good Buddy's kicking action looks (sorry for the sideways image):

17409691_10211943425878184_572574725_n.jpg

Wow that actually looks pretty nice. Though I assume that's probably a screenshot from a replay because it seems like an odd camera angle.

I think we need to start a support line for GOTHELIONS16 for when the game is released and its average
As long as the game is better than Live 1 & 2, I'll be happy. Which it appears to be so far. I'm not expecting Fifa17 or even Fifa 10 for that matter, all i'm expecting is for WW to learn from their mistakes of the past and produce a decent game that feels like an official AFL product, has good gameplay and feels realistic in different avenues such as sound, graphics, rule interpretations, marking leads, kicking actions, player ratings and stats etc.

When it comes to AFLW I wonder how much work really needs to go into it ?

While the women's game is somewhat different to the mens, I imagine much lower stats for the girls would be a fair representation and the animations could just carry over

Hopefully the set shots at goal are simple and easy to get the hang of, similar to live 1. In live 2 it felt to complicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a system where it's easier to kick set shots if your Josh Kennedy and much harder if your Joe Daniher haha we want it to look more realistic don't we Haha

I would definitely hope their goal kicking attributes is a big factor in difficulty. Would also like to see wind/rain having a realistic effect on the ball. These really should be essentials but I do understand that getting the physics perfect is a huge challenge. As someone else pointed out, it took EA years getting it right in FIFA games with an unlimited budget and a footy has far more variable movement than a soccer ball imo.

One thing I hope thats improved is the gameplay near the boundary. I mean with the sorta things like grabbing it and being able to stay in or tap it to try and keep it in. Something that I always disliked about AFL live was kicking a ball into space on the boundary and as soon as the player picks it up they run straight out.

One thing I hope thats improved is the gameplay near the boundary. I mean with the sorta things like grabbing it and being able to stay in or tap it to try and keep it in. Something that I always disliked about AFL live was kicking a ball into space on the boundary and as soon as the player picks it up they run straight out.
Yes that is awful. Seems to be magnetized towards the boundary and even if your player gets there they never seem to have enough room to stop from going out. Drove me nuts.

Should be a system where it's easier to kick set shots if your Josh Kennedy and much harder if your Joe Daniher haha we want it to look more realistic don't we Haha

So Cloke 15m out straight in front will be like playing on expert.

As long as the game is better than Live 1 & 2, I'll be happy. Which it appears to be so far. I'm not expecting Fifa17 or even Fifa 10 for that matter, all i'm expecting is for WW to learn from their mistakes of the past and produce a decent game that feels like an official AFL product, has good gameplay and feels realistic in different avenues such as sound, graphics, rule interpretations, marking leads, kicking actions, player ratings and stats etc.
FIFA 10 is much better than 17 (graphics excluded)

In AFL Premiership 2007 the opposition got a free if you did that.

So like NBA 2K. A good idea is having a 2K style meter, but you flick when it's closer to full to get a straighter kick.

Has anyone seen this one...not sure about the origins of it but it looks ok...could answer some questions about where the "80 teams" come from.

Has anyone seen this one...not sure about the origins of it but it looks ok...could answer some questions about where the "80 teams" come from.

Literally looks like it was made by a 12 year old, complete garbage.

Thankfully it's not real.

Lol, this is so clearly fan-made. Would you seriously be happy with it looking like this?

Credit to whoever put the time in but far out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back