AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone through the Commentary last names and nicknames and I think you guys will be impressed with the list as it has plenty of Last names and Nicknames that can be traced back to Former Players.

Lastnames:
(Luke) Ball
(Drew) Banfield
(John) Barnes
(Chance) Bateman
(Peter) Bell
(Simon) Black
(John) Blakey
(Craig) Bradley
(Dermott) Brereton
(Jonathan or Campbell) Brown
(Nathan) Buckley
(Nathan) Burke
(Scott) Burns
(Brett) Burton
(Ang) Christou
(The VFA's Phil) Cleary
(Joel) Corey
(Paul) Couch
(Ben) Cousins
(Luke) Darcy
(Rodney) Eade
(Tyson) Edwards
(Mike) Fitzpatrick
(Dustin) Fletcher
(Michael) Gardiner
(Ben) Graham
(Chris) Grant
(Barry) Hall
(Mil) Hanna
(Damien) Hardwick
(Wayne) Harmes
(Brett or Robert) Harvey
(Paul or Peter) Hudson
(Mark "Jacko") Jackson
(Andrew or Darren) Jarman
(Chris) Judd
(Daniel) Kerr
(Andrew, Jim or Phil) Krakouer
(Brian) Lake
(Karl) Langdon
(Dale or Chris) Lewis
(Cameron) Ling
(Matthew) Lloyd
(Tarkyn) Lockyer
(Michael) Long
(Stewart) Lowe
(Alastair) Lynch
(Simon or Justin) Madden
(Mick) Martyn
(Phillip or Wally) Matera
(Stuart) Maxfield
(Guy) McKenna
(Corey) McKernan
(Brock) McLean
(Shaun) McManus
(Mal) Michael
(Daniel or Roger) Merrett
(Robbie) Muir
(Kevin) Murray
(Sam) Newman
(Mick) Noonan
(Liam) Pickering
(Byron) Pickett
(David) Pittman
(Dick) Reynolds
(Matthew) Richardson
(Ian or Russell) Robertson
(Paul) Roos
(Paul) Sproule
(Craig) Starcevich
(Nick or Anthony) Stevens
(Ian) Stewart
(Chris) Tarrant
(Brian) Taylor
(Michael or Shane) Tuck
(Michael) Turner
(Richie) Vandenberg
(Paul) Van Der Haar
(Michael) Voss
(Terry) Wallace
(Dale) Weightman

Nicknames:
Jacko (Mark Jackson)
Richo (Matthew Richardson)
Bomber (Mark Thompson)
The Ox (David Schwarz)
Choco (Mark Williams)
The Fossil (Sam Newman)
Monkey (Damian Monkhorst)
Tip Rat (Stephen Milne)
Sauce (Daniel Merrett)
Plugger (Tony Lockett)
Whiskas (Garry Hocking)
Bazza (Barry Hall)
Spud (Danny Frawley)
The Chief (Jason Dunstall)
Dipper (Robert DiPierdomenico)
Pup (Nick Del Santo)
The King (Wayne Carey)
Duck (Wayne Carey)
Birdman (Brett Burton)
Mr. Football (Ted Whitten)
Yabby (Allan Jeans)
Chooka (Jack Howell)
Polly (Graham "Polly" Farmer)
Captain Blood (Jack Dyer)
Velvet Sledgehammer (Matthew Lloyd)
Spider (Peter Everett)
Rocket (Rodney Eade)
Lethal (Leigh Matthews)
Diesel (Greg Williams)
Boomer (Brett Harvey)

And those are the ones I could find. There are still quite a few there that you guys will be able to notify. This is a lot of detail from Wicked Witch and I like it!
Seeing lots of super weird non-AFL surnames as well, yet once again my pretty common surname isn't one of them. :(

The thing that confuses me is that it's clear - both from the data files and the awful premiership celebration Dogs photo - that only a handful of players from each team have a real face model. However in the "behind the scenes" video we saw lots of Dogs fringe players - including guys like Ayce Cordy and Jarrad Grant - getting scanned.

not sure why that's the case, have to wait and see i guess. is it possible that not every player agreed to do it?

If I wasnt at work I would, but someone with time should message WW on Facebook and ask what the deal is lol they'd be shitting bricks I think!

Hey guys don't know if you have the same problem but the FANHUB isn't working for me. It keeps saying the username and password is incorrect. Can someone help? The demo works but the FANHUB bit won't

Hey guys don't know if you have the same problem but the FANHUB isn't working for me. It keeps saying the username and password is incorrect. Can someone help? The demo works but the FANHUB bit won't
Did you make an account and sign in?

The thing that confuses me is that it's clear - both from the data files and the awful premiership celebration Dogs photo - that only a handful of players from each team have a real face model. However in the "behind the scenes" video we saw lots of Dogs fringe players - including guys like Ayce Cordy and Jarrad Grant - getting scanned.
Best I can come up with is a few got properly 3D scanned, the others just got "scanned", ie. had photos taken from all angles and were hand crafted to match. Exactly what they did in AFL2 and what a few people here seemed certain they weren't doing this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea who this bloke is but it's definitely not Josh Jenkins.

HwqDuzh.png
How are you seeing the players in the app?

Does anyone know how to looks at the scanned players in the demo. Loke the guy did for adelaide?

Seeing lots of super weird non-AFL surnames as well, yet once again my pretty common surname isn't one of them. :(
Symons is Ross from Big Ant's last name which leads me to believe that some names have been lent from Live 1 and 2.

Best I can come up with is a few got properly 3D scanned, the others just got "scanned", ie. had photos taken from all angles and were hand crafted to match. Exactly what they did in AFL2 and what a few people here seemed certain they weren't doing this time around.
It's hardly terminal, but it's pretty disappointing tbh. You sort of have to question whether it's worth it to have a few that look legit amongst a sea of generic player models. The picture of the Dogs celebrating the premiership highlights how jarring it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back