Roast AFL Fantasy is an utter joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to very patient with the site, being first year in the bug leagues and all, but.... the dang search player feature seems very temperamental, can't get it to work half the time.

I don't think they could have made the site/game any worse had they actively tried to do so.....

+1 .

And to think it's pushing to round 4 and the sites still all over the shop just makes it even worse

I still haven't got a reply to a support email I sent last Friday. Sent 3 more emails and still no reply.

Our league didn't start so we've a league just sitting there saying " League not scheduled "... starting to getting really sh*tty

I sent this email to Andy D and Gill today:

Dear Andrew,

Firstly, I wanted to congratulate you on a wonderful tenure as CEO of the AFL. I think you can be most proud of the grand finals of the late 2000s, which with rare exception, were of significantly higher quality than those of the past 30 years and showcased the best aspects of our great game.

Pleasantries aside, the purpose of this email is to register my frustration at the decision to change the vendors of the "AFL Fantasy" competition, which has become a farce due to the unstable nature of the platform.

As you are no doubt aware, Fantasy Football is a growth industry across all codes, to the extent now it is constantly reference in-games and in the media. Throughout workplaces across Australia the Monday-morning conversation has changed from "Gee, aren't Carlton terrible?" to "I can't believe Steve J only got 69 points on the weekend". From a personal perspective, I have run a 16-team Dream Team League for the past 5 seasons (with a retention rate of circa 95%) and to a player, all of us will likely be switching to VirtualSports next year due to the failings of the AFL Fantasy site. Let me note a couple for your reference:

- the site rarely loads on mobile devices
- the site often crashes, particularly when most users are trying to access the site (Thursday, Friday nights)
- the Assistant Coach subscription ($20) is STILL not fully functioning 4 weeks into the season
- the level of support received is virtually non-existent (i.e. "Yes, we know it doesn't work, we are trying to resolve it.." - 3 months on)
- the format/layout is awful. For instance, the head to head layout does not "line up" common players during league games, which makes it hard to follow the result in real time
While you may consider this to be a minor issue for the AFL, the significant loss of revenue (including mobile advertising, cross-channel promotions, afl.com.au website visits, fantasycoach subscriptions, etc) associated with players leaving AFL Fantasy is in my view significant and should be addressed immediately through investment in website support, server and technology upgrades and a promise to improve the platform in 2015. In the context of the AFL's multi-million dollar website deal with Telstra, I have no doubt such measures would generate immediate returns for the AFL.
In summary, I believe you owe it to the thousands of avid fantasy competitors to make immediate improvements to AFL Fantasy, which would have the added benefit of securing afl.com.au as the leading, cross-platform, media and gaming hub.

Regards,

Received a reply from the AFL's Head of Marketing, which gave me cause to be optimistic about the platform for next season...
Once bitten, twice shy.

Good work though.

FanHub need to release the pricing formula though. That dramatically improved the VS platforms because people knew what was going on. At the moment, it's a complete black box which means you can't effectively plan or trade.

Sorry, as I guess this has been answered many times but with this revamped competiton, (1) do you get placed into a league if you dont nominate for one and (2) is there a head to head competition like previous years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got the same questions.
I've entered two public leagues but one seems to have too many teams and the other not enough.
No sign of any head-to-head comp or a league ladder.
In previous years I've wound up in functioning 18 team public leagues without doing anything apart from picking a team.
What have I done wrong?

I'm impressed by the live rankings throughout the round, I think that's one thing Virtualsports will introduce next year - waiting for lockout to end to see where you're ranked seems so last season.

As for the rest..

I'm impressed by the live rankings throughout the round, I think that's one thing Virtualsports will introduce next year - waiting for lockout to end to see where you're ranked seems so last season.

As for the rest..
Agreed, really nice feature that.

I just find it astonishing that the one fantasy footy game where clearly the least amount of effort is put in, needs to be in Lockout the longest.

Does anyone know when lockout has been ending? It seems to be early Monday morning, rather than late at night. As one of the many stupid things about this new site compared to VS for the draft leagues, is that free agents can be taken by anyone, on a first in first serve basis, so it's who wakes up first on a Monday morning gets the best free agents, which is stupid. That's with a restricted 1 day access on, but that only applies for players who are dropped from a team, unlike how it worked on VS last year.

Also, does the VS/Real DT site have live scoring? If so, that's where I'll be taking my leagues next year, as I haven't been able to get them to SC due to the lack of live scoring, but I won't be sticking around for another year of this rubbish (or trusting their "improvements" they'll claim to be doing)!

Does anyone know when lockout has been ending? It seems to be early Monday morning, rather than late at night. As one of the many stupid things about this new site compared to VS for the draft leagues, is that free agents can be taken by anyone, on a first in first serve basis, so it's who wakes up first on a Monday morning gets the best free agents, which is stupid. That's with a restricted 1 day access on, but that only applies for players who are dropped from a team, unlike how it worked on VS last year.

Also, does the VS/Real DT site have live scoring? If so, that's where I'll be taking my leagues next year, as I haven't been able to get them to SC due to the lack of live scoring, but I won't be sticking around for another year of this rubbish (or trusting their "improvements" they'll claim to be doing)!
Im livid about it, why cant it they unlock at least 3hrs after the last game... May move to supercoach next year.... Hopeless...

Im livid about it, why cant it they unlock at least 3hrs after the last game... May move to supercoach next year.... Hopeless...
You can trade now, four's not that much more than three ;)

I was very angry with virtual sports with their free hit crap. but probably because ive gathered quite a strong team because of it and am leading my league my view has softenned

A couple of failures though

The save changes thing is ****ing stupid, cost me Gary's massive score alst week as it reverted back to Pendles DESPITE the fact i am SURE i pressed save team, i always do. Sent an email got a rpely saying i have to use the save team function, thanks boys, rpetty sure I did but oh well

Secondly, the pricing is ****ing stupid, there arent any "bubbles" to get on here, the five round rolling average means that players go up by 10k each week instead of 60k in one week, couple this witht he fact that rookies are stupid expensive (i.e I want to get crocuh but he's practically too expensive anyway) and its impossible to make money, luckily im avoiding all the minefields and my mid pricers are working well so im going okay, but if i was going guns and rooks i'd be ****ed

I was very angry with virtual sports with their free hit crap. but probably because ive gathered quite a strong team because of it and am leading my league my view has softenned

A couple of failures though

The save changes thing is ******* stupid, cost me Gary's massive score alst week as it reverted back to Pendles DESPITE the fact i am SURE i pressed save team, i always do. Sent an email got a rpely saying i have to use the save team function, thanks boys, rpetty sure I did but oh well

Secondly, the pricing is ******* stupid, there arent any "bubbles" to get on here, the five round rolling average means that players go up by 10k each week instead of 60k in one week, couple this witht he fact that rookies are stupid expensive (i.e I want to get crocuh but he's practically too expensive anyway) and its impossible to make money, luckily im avoiding all the minefields and my mid pricers are working well so im going okay, but if i was going guns and rooks i'd be ******
Virtual Sports do RDT, Fanhub do Fantasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back