AFL Futures 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

If you offered me $251 odds for him to finish top 10 in the coleman i still wouldn't waste $5 on it.

I am actually going to go and back Travis Cloke today at TAB. Paying $13 for the Coleman, he is actually one of the more accurate kicks in the AFL this year.

Goes without saying that Buddy is the one to beat, but after him i reckon its fairly open and $13 is a bit of value. He is only 1 goal behind Buddy so far this year, and with 2 of the next 3 games against GC and Melbourne respectively, im getting in now.

Smart post - I could see Cloke closing in on buddy in the next few week. It's also worth pointing out that he himself will be doing everything to boost his value until his future is decided.

Smart post - I could see Cloke closing in on buddy in the next few week. It's also worth pointing out that he himself will be doing everything to boost his value until his future is decided.

Well he hasn't done anything to boost his value in the first 8 weeks. It seems
to be more playing on his mind that inspiring him to any great heights.

have you worked out how much you will make?

i can count it on one hand

Yeah, like Paris said, not much. I think about $35 if you spend about $1750.

Definitely not worth it unless you were going to make money instantly.

Considering someone was willing to waste $10,000 on Saturday by throwing it on North during the last quarter at odds of $1.05, someone may be willing to throw some sort of money on a futures market like that.

Considering someone was willing to waste $10,000 on Saturday by throwing it on North during the last quarter at odds of $1.05, someone may be willing to throw some sort of money on a futures market like that.

I didn't hear about that, 1.05 must have been before NM got up by 32, or when PA were coming back and it was around 20-25 points at a guess?

Is Geelong seriously 1.90 to make the 8?

I am just watching AFL Central and don't have access to betting sites at work, that strikes me as insane value, particularly looking at their next 6 weeks and the expected return of players, plus knowing that the delayed pre season and club philosophy of peaking late means come the tough last weeks of the season they should be in their best form.

I think that will be good enough. (but check my team on the left)

I am just watching AFL Central and don't have access to betting sites at work, that strikes me as insane value, particularly looking at their next 6 weeks and the expected return of players, plus knowing that the delayed pre season and club philosophy of peaking late means come the tough last weeks of the season they should be in their best form.

Wow, yep spot on. Couldn't agree more, $1.90 surely is huge value. Is as low as $1.65 with centrebet.

who do they ahve to come back-scarlett? wojinski?

spot 7, 8 and 9 will be very tight

who do they ahve to come back-scarlett? wojinski?

spot 7, 8 and 9 will be very tight

Varcoe, Christensen, Menzel and Simpson can be added to the list. That it 5 definite top 22 players to come back and Simpson may be able to impact in the ruck, an area that Geelong is obviously struggling.

My estimates for the remainder of the season:

WB 0.9
GWS 1.0
Carl 0.5
Syd 0.5
PA 0.9
GC 0.9
Coll 0.6
Ess 0.6
Adel 0.75
Haw 0.6
WC 0.2
ST.K 0.7
WB 0.9
Syd 0.75

Total 9.8

13.8 wins total which this year will guarantee top 8.

I expect Geelong to only strengthen and would expect come the later part of the season that these percentages only increase as we come into form.*

*spoken like a true Geelong supporter.

surprised GWS didn't get a 1.5 looking at your others

That's why I very rarely bet on a game Geelong is involved in.

This week:

Heart: Geelong will not go 4-5, too good a team, too important, coming into some form (Coll last quater I know) have seen them win the big game too often etc.

Head: WB +31.5 with their form vs a Geelong team struggling without a ruck, some important players injured, Etihad form of both teams and Geelong not having put anyone away properly yet this year etc

What percentages would you assign to each game Twarby? You don't like Geelong at 1.90 for the 8?

edit: Changing your quote to something you find funnier mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12-13 wins for me too, and finish 8th in my ladder predictor.

this is me expecting them to find some of that Geelong form of old though which they have showed in probably 10 quarters all year, so i was being as generous as possible.

there are far safer 1.90 futures out there with more room for error then what Geelong have.

this is me expecting them to find some of that Geelong form of old though which they have showed in probably 10 quarters all year, so i was being as generous as possible.

there are far safer 1.90 futures out there with more room for error then what Geelong have.

I think this bet is based on them finding form but there is history of them peaking later in the season.

In regard to the bolded, I assume your bets are already on so, umm, care to share? :thumbsu:

Even if they aren't at their peak they will still win 13 on their ear. They should go 5-0 over the next 5 weeks. 4-1 at worst. This puts them at 8-5 and in a pretty comfortable position. You won't see $1.90 again. Just out of interest what's another $1.90 future that is a better bet? I think you would struggle to find one.

Even if they aren't at their peak they will still win 13 on their ear. They should go 5-0 over the next 5 weeks. 4-1 at worst. This puts them at 8-5 and in a pretty comfortable position. You won't see $1.90 again. Just out of interest what's another $1.90 future that is a better bet? I think you would struggle to find one.

Twarby, you have TWO KP's waiting for you to post these safer futures?!

so geelong make it..who JUST misses-saints and freo??

freo paying 1.78 to miss 8

not saying this is the final order but:

west coast
adelaide
essendon
hawthorn
collingwood
sydney
carlton
geelong

Thinking about throwing something on Crameri and Schulz in the Coleman at 51s each

Essendon have a couple easy games and Crameri could get a couple bags of 4

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Futures 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back