AFL gives $500,000 to flood appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Those guys just wont listen that they are turning people off of rl .
Gave up years ago on that site .

The same way Bigfooty can turn leaguies off AFL when they go on bay 13 and mistake the trolling anti-league threads are serious so it goes both ways, there is minority in both forums they can turn people away from other sports.

AllSport said:
The same way Bigfooty can turn leaguies off AFL when they go on bay 13 and mistake the trolling anti-league threads are serious so it goes both ways, there is minority in both forums they can turn people away from other sports.

If any Rugby league fan is turned off Aussie Rules because of Bay 13 or any poster here then they need their heads read. An insult on Bay 13 is being called a bumsniffer or having the games International status questioned, while a pot shot here might make reference to you being a bit slow on the uptake just because you follow Rugby league.

I find it rather ironic that one website actually does damage to two sporting codes. If people are really turning people off Rugby league because of LU, then the same can be said about the people (and RUNVS) has been one of them who currently fuel the anti Australian Football sentiment which prevails on LU.

I think boths sets of supporters actually have a great deal of respect for one another despite all the rubbish which goes on between the two.

Byron_Clanger said:
Good stuff AFL, I wonder what NRL donated

It's about two posts above you. Although News ltd. who allegedly own Rugby league also gave (IIRC) 500k so all up 600k.

Known donations from Sporting bodies in Australia

AFL: $500,000
AFLPA: $150,000
NRL: $100,000
FFA: $100,000
MCC: $50,000
Cricket Victoria: $50,000
Lance Armstrong: $50,000
Collingwood: $20,000

Benefit events:
Tennis Australia: Rally for Relief (event sold out in hours)
Tim Cahill Auction (so far up over $250k)
ABL: will donate $1 for every patron that goes to a league match this weekend

Good stuff from the sporting bodies and individuals to help out our Queensland friends.

Yesterday the Herald Sun had compiled a list of donations. Bit of a copy and paste job here from the ones that haven't been mentioned.

Other footy:
Entire gate fee from Southern Districts Football Club V St Marys (Darwin) on Jan 16. Districts president Ray McCasker has challenged St Marys coach Damien Hale to a 50m sprint after the game. Loser pays $500 to the appeal.

Cricket:
  • Players to tin rattle for the rest of the season.
  • Private sector sponsorship dollars for runs.
  • Cricket Australia : $100 000
  • Cricket SA: $50 000
  • Kevin Pietersen: $10 000 online auction, incl. Ashes winning shirt.
  • Ess FC V Bushrangers cricket match: Gold coin donation. All proceeds to relief.
  • QLD V NSW Big Bash: All proceeds to relief.
  • Aus V Eng ODI at GABBA. All proceeds to relief.

Soccer:
  • Perth Glory owner Tony Sage will donate $2 from every ticket sold to Melb. Heart game to QLD flood appeal.

Racing:
  • TABCORP: $1 000 000
  • Harness Racing Victoria has joined forces with Rotary Clubs of Melton and Melton Valley to stage a special Queensland Flood Disaster Appeal Night at Tabcorp Park on Feb 13.

Rugby Union:
  • Rebels chairman Harold Mitchell: $100 000.

Netball:
  • Netball Victoria organising online raffle of players uniforms and corporate boxes for Vixens games.

Australian Olympic Committee: $100 000

The big difference is the degree .
Publicly wishing ill fortune on people as matter of common practice needs no further comment .

El Dildo?

Who else? I don't think he likes anyone or thing.

Pretty sure I found the thread and had a read of it. El d's post isn't there, but there's lots of posts from people shooting him down over something he said.

I can't find anything else where people want to see "Victards burn" or where they wish them ill will, just genuine remorse and sympathy.

No such member as Plogs, unless he used a different user name on LU.

did the nrl really only donate 100k?

i don't want to turn this into pissing contest but that is a really disappointing effort from one of the biggest sporting leagues in the country

Who else? I don't think he likes anyone or thing.

Pretty sure I found the thread and had a read of it. El d's post isn't there, but there's lots of posts from people shooting him down over something he said.

I can't find anything else where people want to see "Victards burn" or where they wish them ill will, just genuine remorse and sympathy.

No such member as Plogs, unless he used a different user name on LU.

Im guessing the thread in question from the bush fires was in TFC which frankly as with B13 is a troll forum. Anyone catching feelings over a troll forum needs their head read.

In 4C however, there was a thread where he didn't exactly cover himself in glory. Some incredibly ridiculous posting went on in there from him.

It should be pointed out, as to the thread in question. Plenty of those shooting down the insane twats having a crack at the AFL over the donation are in no way Aussie rules fans or even like Victoria all that much. One moderator who had a crack at the posters has over the years taken great delight in knocking Victorians. So let's not tar them all with the same brush.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meltiger said:
Im guessing the thread in question from the bush fires was in TFC which frankly as with B13 is a troll forum. Anyone catching feelings over a troll forum needs their head read.

In 4C however, there was a thread where he didn't exactly cover himself in glory. Some incredibly ridiculous posting went on in there from him.

It was in 4C. Nothing in TFC about it.

meltiger said:
It should be pointed out, as to the thread in question. Plenty of those shooting down the insane twats having a crack at the AFL over the donation are in no way Aussie rules fans or even like Victoria all that much. One moderator who had a crack at the posters has over the years taken great delight in knocking Victorians. So let's not tar them all with the same brush.

Sebastian Balboa said:
The AFL donates to the Qld Flood Appeal and here's the response from some quality individuals over at LeagueUnlimited:

Happy now, ********? Stupid ****s!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=375513

From the same thread.

To all you dead beats. Your need or want to whinge about the AFL in this matter is nothing short of dispecable. It's money, that people of Queensland need, not the bickering from New South Welshmen towards Victorians.

This is the dumbest thread in the history of the world. People have lost their lives, their homes, their livelihoods are threatened, they're now living with dangers like diseases common in 3rd world countries and snakes floating down their street, and there's people bitching and turning this into a AFL v NRL thing? Get some f**king perspective.

FFS there are some pretentious arsewipes.........

I don't care if Eddie Maguire dressed up as a f*cking ballerina and wrote "Sherrin" on his knob as he masturbated to the tune of "Up There Cazaly". $10 million just got donated because of it. You can forgive it for being the crappiest, cheesiest program ever with sh*t music (Where was Rose Tatoo?????)

'll say it again guys, get a freaking life

So you would prefer them not to donate money and for the victims of the floods to suffer further?

Sickening stuff really…

Thankgod someone said it, its one thing to love your team, but using something like this to push an agenda is beyond belief.

f**k, I reckon, moff...

there are some sad pricks on this board.

There are some quality individuals on LU, there just also happens to be some w***ers too.

There are some quality individuals on LU, there just also happens to be some w***ers too.

Why are you (a mod as well) defending the indefensible ?

What people have reported from LU goes well beyond
being a tanker .Remember mods are involved .
Sorry but you have to draw the line and stop defending this small minority of rl fanatics .

Sorry but you have to draw the line and stop defending this small minority of rl fanatics .

I'm not defending them so please don't start exaggerating the truth again. The comments were out of line, insensitive and tatseless at a time when Queensland was in a state of desperation.

Not all people who frequent LU are like that, which of course, was my point.

Why are you (a mod as well) defending the indefensible ?

What people have reported from LU goes well beyond
being a tanker .Remember mods are involved .

You could of course try reading. What AM was pointing out is that it's only a minority of people who posted in such a way. Even some of the most ardent AFL haters on the board have to their credit been absent from that thread.

What you are seeing is a minority of morons who are obsessed with the AFL snd in all reality, the number of people who have posted in such a way is only a fraction of their membership base. It's unfortunate that an admin gadgets attitude he does toward people but at the same time, having chatted to him for many years, I have a minor glimpse into why he's like that.

You could of course try reading. What AM was pointing out is that it's only a minority of people who posted in such a way. Even some of the most ardent AFL haters on the board have to their credit been absent from that thread.

What you are seeing is a minority of morons who are obsessed with the AFL snd in all reality, the number of people who have posted in such a way is only a fraction of their membership base. It's unfortunate that an admin gadgets attitude he does toward people but at the same time, having chatted to him for many years, I have a minor glimpse into why he's like that.

micro penis?

Good stuff from the sporting bodies and individuals to help out our Queensland friends.

Yesterday the Herald Sun had compiled a list of donations. Bit of a copy and paste job here from the ones that haven't been mentioned.

Other footy:
Entire gate fee from Southern Districts Football Club V St Marys (Darwin) on Jan 16. Districts president Ray McCasker has challenged St Marys coach Damien Hale to a 50m sprint after the game. Loser pays $500 to the appeal.

Cricket:
  • Players to tin rattle for the rest of the season.
  • Private sector sponsorship dollars for runs.
  • Cricket Australia : $100 000
  • Cricket SA: $50 000
  • Kevin Pietersen: $10 000 online auction, incl. Ashes winning shirt.
  • Ess FC V Bushrangers cricket match: Gold coin donation. All proceeds to relief.
  • QLD V NSW Big Bash: All proceeds to relief.
  • Aus V Eng ODI at GABBA. All proceeds to relief.

Soccer:
  • Perth Glory owner Tony Sage will donate $2 from every ticket sold to Melb. Heart game to QLD flood appeal.

Racing:
  • TABCORP: $1 000 000
  • Harness Racing Victoria has joined forces with Rotary Clubs of Melton and Melton Valley to stage a special Queensland Flood Disaster Appeal Night at Tabcorp Park on Feb 13.

Rugby Union:
  • Rebels chairman Harold Mitchell: $100 000.

Netball:
  • Netball Victoria organising online raffle of players uniforms and corporate boxes for Vixens games.

Australian Olympic Committee: $100 000

Charity Baskets in Basketball at MSAC - $20 entry going straight in and with the likes of Gaze, Copeland, Bradtke, Timmons, Rainbow, Parkinson, Drmic etc involved.

Not all people who frequent LU are like that, which of course, was my point.

Of which I acknowledged .

I'm not defending them so please don't start exaggerating the truth again.

There you go again attributing statements to me that I haven't made .
The truth is you mitigated these low lives by saying they were just "w***ers" and that there was a justifiable comparison with bay13 .
I would expect more from a mod .

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL gives $500,000 to flood appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back