AFL Grand Final - 1 minute Applause at 20:21 in first quarter for Victorias lockdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Basil Zemplas has suggested that everyone at Optus stand up at 20:21 in the first quarter in order to give a round of applause to show support for Dan Andrews lockdown. A lot of backlash saying it is condescending which is just ridiculous. People want to avoid the reality isnt really the answer

I personally think this is a good idea. Its a much better idea then the Gabba patch of MCG turf one. Its more emotional and heartfelt

Thoughts?

Get stuffed Basil. Get your schnoz up in McGowan’s face and tell him to let people with dying family members into WA rather than this shit.

Get stuffed Basil. Get your schnoz up in McGowan’s face and tell him to let people with dying family members into WA rather than this sh*t.

Thats harsh. Its one of those situations where you cant just ignore the elephant in the room. Getting the elephant out in 1 minute and in a nice heartwarming gesture is the right thing to do. Much better and more practical then what the Gabba did

Thats harsh. Its one of those situations where you cant just ignore the elephant in the room. Getting the elephant out in 1 minute and in a nice heartwarming gesture is the right thing to do. Much better and more practical then what the Gabba did
You can discuss it without interrupting the game.

It is condescending as **** when he is the mayor of the biggest city in the state which is threatening to hold back the release of national lockdown restrictions because they would rather focus on a hard border than get their people vaccinated.

Basil Zemplas has suggested that everyone at Optus stand up at 20:21 in the first quarter in order to give a round of applause to show support for Dan Andrews lockdown. A lot of backlash saying it is condescending which is just ridiculous. People want to avoid the reality isnt really the answer

I personally think this is a good idea. Its a much better idea then the Gabba patch of MCG turf one. Its more emotional and heartfelt

Thoughts?
What a rediculous idea, should the players also stop playing or people just stop watching them.

It is not a under 10's game of soccer.

The Sound of Hands Clapping

At a concert , Bono, U2's lead singer, asks the audience for some quiet. Then he starts to slowly clap his hands. Holding the audience in total silence, he says into the microphone, "I want you to think about something. Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A voice from the front of the audience yells out..."Nu -- so stop clapping."

Thanks Basil. I just want to give you a bit of an insight into the Saturday afternoon team. We’re a bunch of unique individuals – Malthouse, Harley, Zempilas, McLachlan and myself. We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic. We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care. Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on Saturday arvos, because we just love the footy.

Thanks Basil. I just want to give you a bit of an insight into the Saturday afternoon team. We’re a bunch of unique individuals – Malthouse, Harley, Zempilas, McLachlan and myself. We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic. We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care. Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on Saturday arvos, because we just love the footy.
Classic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?

they were/are both dumb ideas.

I'm amazed someone who is paid to commentate on anything could open their mouth and allow something so obviously ****in' stupid to come out of it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final - 1 minute Applause at 20:21 in first quarter for Victorias lockdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back