AFL Grand Final - 1 minute Applause at 20:21 in first quarter for Victorias lockdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Basil Zemplas has suggested that everyone at Optus stand up at 20:21 in the first quarter in order to give a round of applause to show support for Dan Andrews lockdown. A lot of backlash saying it is condescending which is just ridiculous. People want to avoid the reality isnt really the answer

I personally think this is a good idea. Its a much better idea then the Gabba patch of MCG turf one. Its more emotional and heartfelt

Thoughts?

I've always considered there is something fundamentally wrong with Basil. What a stupid idea.

If we are getting into displays that don't actually benefit the cause we are displaying for maybe we should also clap in our living rooms watching the game at 20:21.

Don't forget to tag yourself in the social media post showing you clapping in support, otherwise you won't get the recognition.

#givethemtheclap

"Under Mr McGowan’s leadership, the state has been the strictest in the country for locking out people from other parts of the country. Zempilas believes the Grand Final day gesture will show a more empathetic side to Western Australia."

No one cares

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“We now cross to Bulldogs coach Simon Goodwin, Simon you’ve kicked the first five goals of the Grand Final, the start you wanted?”

I wouldn't expect them to.

Wonder whether Basil actually desires to rub it in our faces for some reason. WA doesn't get to keep the premiership cup.
I just think he’s shit at reading the room.
Personally I really enjoyed the GF in Brissie last year and I reckon Perth is going to put on an amazing spectacle. But just do it and leave us over here to enjoy the weekend without any childish tokenism to make themselves feel better.

What a ridiculous suggestion from the narcissist, attention seeking twat.
It’s first qrt. Prime drinking time. It’s very difficult to clap with a beer in each hand.

On behalf of all Western Australians here just trying to enjoy the unique event and not feel any more guilty that we do knowing Victorians can’t even leave the front door.…shut the f up Basil ffs!

"Under Mr McGowan’s leadership, the state has been the strictest in the country for locking out people from other parts of the country. Zempilas believes the Grand Final day gesture will show a more empathetic side to Western Australia."

No one cares
I think those in the East have a very different view of McGowan.

Why? What has the great Emperor done that’s so terrible?

I still don’t understand the hate from the Eastern Provinces towards our Lord of the West.
I genuinely thought he was a Lib for about 6 months because every time I’d see him in the news he was trying so hard to be a macho tough guy

Yeah nah, for two reasons;

1. Once the game starts, it's all about the game. That's it. People won't be watching the clock waiting to applaud.
2. I think overall Dan has done a good job, but this sort of public display for a politician isn't right. If we are to applaud, it should be for health care workers, contact tracers, etc etc.

Perhaps an acknowledgement before the game for all their efforts would be appropriate, and much better received.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final - 1 minute Applause at 20:21 in first quarter for Victorias lockdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back