AFL Grand Final - 1 minute Applause at 20:21 in first quarter for Victorias lockdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Do I need to dress up a little in front of the TV while WA applauds me?
Do I bow after it? Should I be thanking them by talking at the TV?

Any WA people want to give me their mobile number so I call and show my gratitude?

Thank you in advance.

I think the "good" trackie dacks should be befitting of such an occasion.

The first person who stops clapping should be executed.

Back to reality....

Can we get politics out of sport and concentrate on the game.

How does Basil get authority over Optus Stadium and the AFL to say what will be going on the screen. He’s the Lord Mayor of Perth FFS and Optus Stadium is not even in his jurisdiction, it’s State Government.

What a w@nker!

Yep but as saying goes, “no such thing as bad publicity”.

That’s what it’s all about, maintaining his name in public space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well applaud the Chinese Communist party too then…

Dan Andrew is an absolute moron.

Idiots deny that COVID is real 🤦🏼‍♂️
But idiots also think lockdowns are the solution 🤦🏼‍♂️

You can discuss it without interrupting the game.

It is condescending as fu** when he is the mayor of the biggest city in the state which is threatening to hold back the release of national lockdown restrictions because they would rather focus on a hard border than get their people vaccinated.
I personally think it somewhat patronising but if I play devils advocate for a moment, what would you be saying if Gil or officials from the teams had proposed it and Basil had responded with "no, it's condescending besides the interstate supporters have lived with not seeing their teams play in a GF for 30 years, time the shoe was on the other foot"
And just for the record, what does Basil have to do with state government decisions.

I personally think it somewhat patronising but if I play devils advocate for a moment, what would you be saying if Gil or officials from the teams had proposed it and Basil had responded with "no, it's condescending besides the interstate supporters have lived with not seeing their teams play in a GF for 30 years, time the shoe was on the other foot"
And just for the record, what does Basil have to do with state government decisions.
I would have said it’s just as condescending and in particular extraordinarily patronising from the AFL given they are much closer to how people are feeling in the eastern states.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final - 1 minute Applause at 20:21 in first quarter for Victorias lockdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back