AFL Grand Final Ticket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all, as Ochre mentioned I'm looking for one ticket. I will pay you both in the requested cash value of the ticket, and also one football related parody song to a topic and tune of your choice.

I could do a season review to Won't Back Down. Would you like a song about Tom Barrass set to American Pie? What about a tune devoted solely to the pushing a cameraman incident set to That's Not My Name by the Tings Tings?

Hard to see the free market topping that.

P.S. This is a real offer.

Posted this in the other ticket thread, but will mention here too...

If you are picking up your tickets from a WA Ticketek agency, please be aware that the Bassendean Newsagency on Old Perth Road is closed until Thursday. I went there today to pick up mine, only to be forced to make other arrangements.

Last edited:

Did anyone try the 11.00 residual ticket sale.
yeah i was on before 11am and watched the 10 second countdown timer refresh for about 10 minutes before getting through. Selected best available seats at any price and nothing was left by about 11:06am. Kept clicking next hundreds of times for about 40 minutes then gave up.

I would say that this is bollocks based on my experience. In the past, I have been able to upgrade a concession standing room ticket to an adult one. This was done at the window at the MCG on the day and all it meant was paying the difference between concession and adult ticket.

They don't openly advertise that you are able to do this because they don't like people doing it but I've done it before - twice.

Were they regular season tickets or finals tickets on those occasions? I have four seated concession tickets at the moment that I'm a bit worried about.

Were they regular season tickets or finals tickets on those occasions? I have four seated concession tickets at the moment that I'm a bit worried about.

I asked them twice and both times they said no. I asked a third time and I also took a screenshot of a tweet from Ticketek themselves in 2015 where they had said you can upgrade.
They responded again with the following “Hi Chris, this tweet is from 2015. We have been advised by the event management team that upgrades are unavailable for this years Grand Final”
You may be able to do it on the day of the game but I had the view that if they had told me three times you can’t that was too big a risk for me.

Grand finals, mate. Kids don’t do standing room so I sold the tickets both times. Each time you were able to upgrade them to adult tickets at the ground just by paying the difference. That was despite the same announcement prior saying that you couldn’t.
What will they do at the turnstile when you can’t provide your proof of concession? They’ll insist you pay the difference to the adult price.

There is a big difference between getting as many of your loyal team supporters to the game even on a small profit and outright lining your own pockets at all costs.

I'd suggest the former scenario would be welcomed round these parts and the latter should be kept to Gumtree.

If you spent less time on bigfooty and more time sourcing tickets, you might have one like the rest of us.

If you spent less time on bigfooty and more time sourcing tickets, you might have one like the rest of us.

So what you're saying is that you want to use bigfooty to charge an Eagles supporter an exorbitant amount of cash? Good bloke.

You're within your rights, I guess, but I feel you're misusing this particular forum and there's plenty of other avenues for you to go and make your profit.

For the record as I explained to you in PM (you deleted post requesting PM's) I am simply assisting my brother in law in getting to the game.

Only looking for x1 ticket

Went in 2015 - had to sit in the Hawthorn Gold members section (as only way I could get a ticket - long story) and the horror of that loss amongst Hawks supporters was unbearable. :(

PM me or txt 0438 277 022 if anyone has x1 extra ticket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what you're saying is that you want to use bigfooty to charge an Eagles supporter an exorbitant amount of cash? Good bloke.

You're within your rights, I guess, but I feel you're misusing this particular forum and there's plenty of other avenues for you to go and make your profit.

For the record as I explained to you in PM (you deleted post requesting PM's) I am simply assisting my brother in law in getting to the game.

You were very quick to jump to conclusions that I was here to sell at a high price and was based on absolutely nothing. I asked people to DM me so I get the alert to my phone while at work.

I shouldn’t have to explain on a message board how I choose to word a post.

I’ve since deleted the post because I gave them away, yes gave them away, to a cousin.

If you spent less time worried about everyone else you might have found the tickets you’re looking for.

You were very quick to jump to conclusions that I was here to sell at a high price and was based on absolutely nothing. I asked people to DM me so I get the alert to my phone while at work.

I shouldn’t have to explain on a message board how I choose to word a post.

I’ve since deleted the post because I gave them away, yes gave them away, to a cousin.

If you spent less time worried about everyone else you might have found the tickets you’re looking for.

You sound like the biggest twat I've ever read on Bigfooty and that's saying something

Hope Eagles lose just to piss you off

Hi everyone. I have 3 standing room tickets in M10 near the Eagles end but would love to swap these for three seats as I am going with my mum and sister. I am willing to pay $$$ to make up the difference so if anyone would prefer to stand and has 3 seats they'd be willing to trade plus $$, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

FYI - someone just rang redneck radio (6pr) saying they had a full service (food, alcohol, parking spot 12-7pm) box for the GF that they have 7 spare spots. Supposedly asking cost price of around $5k each. Only caught tailend of call. Supposedly phone number available if you ring the station. Was about out 30 mins ago.

Take that for what it's worth...

Edit:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final Ticket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back