AFL "integrity rule" re Freo and North resting players

Remove this Banner Ad

All this 'playing to lose' shit is going to look pretty stupid if we get up

It ain't happening sunshine. You can pray all you like but it ain't happening.

Richmond need to win on the off chance Sydney lose and then they gain 4th spot. Now that would be funny having to travel in first week to Sydney. That would be comedy gold.

It ain't happening sunshine. You can pray all you like but it ain't happening.

Richmond need to win on the off chance Sydney lose and then they gain 4th spot. Now that would be funny having to travel in first week to Sydney. That would be comedy gold.

Wow you can see the future! That's pretty neat

There are some creative ways I've seen to try and mask the truth here by North fans.
I hope you put this much effort into your work, family and relationships...

Cheers
Coming from a supporter of a franchise with a long term, systemic, unchecked drug culture/problem that has ruined and threatened to ruin the lives of young men, I wouldn't be so smug. What's our supposed sin, resting sore players so we play better in the finals? Get a grip pal.

:confused:

I was pointing out how it is possible when the poster was saying the only possible way was if North win by over 200 points.

That scenario will lead to North playing at... the place the poster has said is only possible if North win by over 200 points.

More likely that GC will get up and we have to play at Syd.

Only loser there is North.

Will still say dont write us off for the win, im not!

More likely that GC will get up and we have to play at Syd.

Only loser there is North.

Will still say dont write us off for the win, im not!
Your players will try to win.
So they could win, especially knowing what Richmond can serve up at times.

The problem people have is that it reduces your chances at winning, which is pretty obvious.

Well I can when you bring you 'B' team out to play. You don't need to be Nostrodamus.

Not really a B team though. Mullet and McDonald are arguably best 22, Turner had an amazing final series last year, Dumont and Wood have played senior football this year and performed quite well, and the other guys have all been in really good VFL form and have all played senior footy before.

Your players will try to win.
So they could win, especially knowing what Richmond can serve up at times.

The problem people have is that it reduces your chances at winning, which is pretty obvious.

Maybe im the eternal optimist but i think we have a better chance of winning.

22 guys trying not to get injured, not caring about the result, in a team who has switched off and got thumped more than once this year. Not a pretty sight.

A bunch of guys playing for their careers with reckless abandon and high physicality, at least we will get a contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:confused:

I was pointing out how it is possible when the poster was saying the only possible way was if North win by over 200 points.

That scenario will lead to North playing at... the place the poster has said is only possible if North win by over 200 points.

I still kind of hope it happens tho, so i can reread both these comments smile then help get you out from under your bus.

One of the funniest things about this is that one month ago, the AFL and Channel 7 decided that Richmond v North would most likely be the game of the round and would probably be a mini-final for both teams. But instead, we get a farcical match between Richmond and the North 2nds, which will be be nothing more than a meaningless prelude to the real contest we'll see one week later.

The curse of Friday night football in 2015 continues….

There are some creative ways I've seen to try and mask the truth here by North fans.
I hope you put this much effort into your work, family and relationships...

Cheers

Truth? We will get up and win.

We'll worry about our own work, family and relationships thanks.

You can worry about whether your recent premierships were tainted by half a dozen players on illicit drugs.

Gotta love the integrity of the AFL and the NMFC on this one... happy to blatantly disrespect the entire comp, other teams, broadcasters, Werribee FC and stakeholders of the game to manipulate a home final... all the while also letting a bloke just go about his business while facing multiple serious sexual assault charges... great integrity there NMFC.

You complain about Friday nights (we invented them) yet so no respect when given the opportunity. Good luck with your chances for next year or Good Friday game... yeah you have earnt it!

I remember a time where the entire comp was up in arms when Essendon couldnt field a team for the NAB cup through extreme circumstances... Yet nothing to see here, no issues of integrity lets move on.

Will be a classic when they lose this week and next and are out in straight set.

NMFC Disgrace.... AFL Integrity Dept Disgrace again...
Wow - essendon supporters thinking they have a right to discuss integrity!!

Please tell us more.....

You got some issues then, I just pointed out the possibilities of varied teams winning or losing.

But you keep punching tiger. :drunk::thumbsu:

Will give you credit i hadn't actually thought of the Dogs losing. It's just so insanely unlikey, but yes mathmatically you are correct it is possible.

Surely no one would give up Schache (pick 1) and Weitering (Leuy compo)

Then again it is Brisbane :)

So what you are saying is that we are resting 9 of our players and going to try and deliberately lose so that just in case Adelaide defeat Geelong, which is no guarantee, and the Lions beat the Dogs, which is very unlikely, we don't have to travel to Adelaide? Sounds far fetched to me. More likely scenario is that we can't move from 8th spot so we may as well rest some players.
Thats a very logical answer, you do understand dumb people aren't exceptionally good with logic?

If anything we did this a week late.

I agree, the team we named (minus Goldy, Higgins and Cunnington) would have better suited the Dogs. If we pissed off Hansen, Gibson and Nahas instead then I think it would have been very strong lineup for Dogs and Tigers.

You're missing the bigger picture.

I'm not missing anything. You are simply not digesting clubs have a list of 40 odd players and are free to pick whom they want from their own list from week to week. Clubs rest players to various degrees in many circumstances and the priority is to win a premiership if you got the chance or develop your youngsters if you are out of running for flag but still got games to play. The AFL cannot force what clubs can do with their own teams from week to week. Anyone that thinks they can are in fairy land. The AFL have done the right thing to make all the football industry aware and betting industries that stick their nose into our game. that at end of day clubs can manage their list as they see fit. As long as nobody is trying to lose on purpose their is no issue. Anyone that seriously thinks North are trying to lose on purpose with Petrie and Harvey in team are missing lots of things about this and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill of a few more players than normal being rested up for more important games to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL "integrity rule" re Freo and North resting players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back