AFL is a rabble!!!! (Rick Lewis)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
Well I'm speechless. After watching the footy show tonight, AFL investigations officer poured a bucket on the AFL, particularly Adrian Anderson. Lewis has been effectively been sacked following the Jonathan Brown incident.

In my opinion, Anderson and Demetriou are headed for disaster.

Surprised nobody else has bought it up. He certainly didn't hold back in his criticism. I thought his explanations were reasonable as well. We certainly haven't heard the end of this.

Interesting to hear that Anderson may be in trouble with the law for interfering in the tribunal process... Should be front page in the Herald Sun for the next month.

MOJOE said:
Interesting to hear that Anderson may be in trouble with the law for interfering in the tribunal process... Should be front page in the Herald Sun for the next month.
Actually, as Lewis cleary stated he didn;t interfere with the "tribunal" process (as "contraversy" eddie made out), he interfered with the investigation. Its like the DPP instructing the state prosecuter to push ahead with charges after deciding not to. Its fairly legit IMO.

I lost all respect for Rick Lewis when he dragged BBBH down to the tribunal for rough play (which got thrown out in two minutes) and did before he had even seen the rest of the Melbourne game. Come to think of it, he probably didn't watch the game at all because he completely missed the two ful-blown punches Read landed on Maxfield :rolleyes:

Good riddance. Get someone without bias and WITH 20/20 vision.

Good on him I reckon.I have only seen excerpts on SPorts Tonight, the Footy SHow ain't on here yet.

They were trying to blame him for the charge they told him to lay.Not the 1st time this season either, just like the Scarlett incident and others as well.
What a job he has had this season, doing his investigations, and deciding a player has no case to answer,and Anderson and co reversing his decision and telling him what to do.No win situation for him. He would have all the proof of what he is saying and more you would reckon. This has the potential to blow the AFL wide open.

It has shown to be corupt.They have to sack Anderson and demetriou now......This could and should get ugly.We need a clean competition....

The Tribunal,umpires and video reporting is supposed to be independent.This has shown that at the AFL's whim you can be charged and they pick the charge.Their ignorance this time has been laid to bare.No other person has ever been charged with rough play for a similar incident.In the past melee incidents get a wrestling charge only.Umpires even though we don't like them are not stupid,they rarely get a charge wrong..........

I wouldn't be surprised if Mc Burney and Lewis had finally had enough,and once told that they had to charge Brown and with what,let it roll along.They would have known that it would blow up and would have suspected that Demetriou and Anderson would lay the blame on them.

Schneiderman said:
I lost all respect for Rick Lewis when he dragged BBBH down to the tribunal for rough play (which got thrown out in two minutes) and did before he had even seen the rest of the Melbourne game. Come to think of it, he probably didn't watch the game at all because he completely missed the two ful-blown punches Read landed on Maxfield :rolleyes:

Good riddance. Get someone without bias and WITH 20/20 vision.

How do you know he didn't recommend that Hall had no case to answer, and becuase of the media hoopla Anderson told him to charge Hall?????????Not a first for this season either.................

Anyone that didn't know that directions are given as to what should be reported in the 'independant' process has been living in a cave. The media make half the cases that are reported on video.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
Just wondering what was the Scarlett/Riewoldt incident? Who got reported and for what?

The incident was in round one. I think everyone at the ground saw it. It was about 50m off the ball just into the third quarter, but either there was no video evidence or, it was inconclusive can't quite remember that bit.

I actually thought at the time Scarlett should have been reported, but fortunately for us, he got away with it.

Obviously Lewis thought it would be hard to prove, but the AFL were determined to stick it up Geelong and make an example of the player and the club.

Even judging by Eddie's comment on TFS tonight, i get the feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg which is just about to collide with the Titanic. I get a feeling the league will be taken to task over this by all and sundry and the clubs will lead the charge.

If I don't read some damning criticism of the league in the Newspapers from Sheehan and Wilson tomorrow, it will just confirm my theory that the mainstream media are with the league as well.

Heads should roll and corrupt beaurocracy needs to be tossed out right now.

I congratulate Rick Lewis for shoving it up the AFL and hope this is just the start of bringing the game back to the people.

Am I the only one who thinks Adrian Anderson is a contemptible little weasel? He fits the profile of an ambulance chaser so perfectly its frightening. How tight is the grip Andy D has on his nuts?

This is getting entertaining.

Given Demetriou's complete lack of ethics, arrogance and tendency to play fast and loose with the truth is that I would honestly not be especially surprised to hear anything.

If tomorrow someone came out and said that Demetriou was lying about the MCC deal and was actually perfectly capable of negotiating a settlement that wouldn't surprise me. Hell, if someone came out and said the Demetriou had penned a missive instructing umpires to favour certain teams to get results that would be in the best interests of the game, I would be more angry than shocked or surprised.

He's a stupid, evil man who doesn't know or care about football or what it means to people. The longer he stays there, the worse for the league.

Demetriou is talking like he has the situation under control, and better administrators than him have been done in for less by the clubs.

Eddie will be spitting, now Brisbane have gotten lucky again, and I think we might see the clubs get involved.

This is another crisis that the AFL does not need, and it's not hard to see themost powerful men in footyhaving something to say about it.

This is not the 1st time the AFL has interfered in the process of reporting this year.You are right ckubs have been filthy this season, when Rick Lewis has made the recommendation in writing to no proceed with charging someone, and then the AFL overrules this and charges them,and it goes to the tribunal and thei get done on no video evidence.

I think Lewis's words were being denied natural justice...................The AFL in Anderson and Demetriou are behaving like kids caught with their hands in the cookie jar, trying to blame someone else for thie wrongs.

Who hired these goons, sort this out now, and get some decent administrators in there now.

How about Cook from Geelong to start cleaning up the mes, get this competition back on track.

Going by what Lewis said last night- it sounds as if Anderson is completely lacking in management skills, and should not be in the job.

Considering the AFL is such a large, powerful organisation, you would think that it would have the right people filling out these type of roles. Incompetancy such as this could cause a lot of damage in the long run.

From what Lewis had to say, I can understand his frustration of his job, and his frustration at the public critisim placed on him by his employer.

But he is no more classy that Andy D, Anderson and co by airing all the dirty laundry in public, being interviewed by Eddie and Sam of all people.

The other thing to keep in mind is this is one person's opinion of another. Maybe Lewis and Anderson just do not get along, have a personality clash, which influences Lewis' ability to make an objective call on things like Anderson's management skills.

Mr X said:
But he is no more classy that Andy D, Anderson and co by airing all the dirty laundry in public, being interviewed by Eddie and Sam of all people.

Yep lets keep it all in house and keep the footballing public completely in the dark. After all we don't want them knowing what really goes on they might not like it.
:rolleyes:

Mr X said:
From what Lewis had to say, I can understand his frustration of his job, and his frustration at the public critisim placed on him by his employer.

What option does he have when he is being criticized publicly?

I wouldn't mind betting that this is just the tip of the iceberg, and a lot more is going on behind closed doors at the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL is a rabble!!!! (Rick Lewis)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back