AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 11 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if you play 5 seasons and you get to the Grand Final in all of them will it be Collingwood in them all?

No, Ross has said there is progression/regression each season and ageing. Yiou manually retire players and add in draftees.

There is no retiring i believe. Though there was something said about ageing. :S

Manually retire, delete them.

Having said that you can probably leave players to play until they're 50, but they're likely to be shit. Should be in the FAQ I'm sure.

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't make all-star players and teams. I'll admit that there should be rules against taking them offline but I can't see the harm in using them offline.

*Obligatory first thing in the morning check in to see of anything new has come to light*
How much of my time will this game take up once it is actually released? :rolleyes:
I'm not going to get any work done ever again.
Had another bunch of friends pre-order last night from different EB's... seems they all know the bare minimum about it, and all are reporting awesome pre-sale numbers.

Hopefully its 5 mins at least, but I think in a game like this (and NBA) the best number is like 7-8 minutes if you hope to get somewhat realistic scores and stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No retiring?

Awesome.

Gotta agree. Great in theory, sucked in practice. In 2007 I ended up just recreating existing players when they retired - who cares to play a side with Sam Riewoldt and Jack Judd? Also the 'you're old now so you can't run as fast' dynamic sucked too - novel sure but ultimately frustrating.

That's not to say in AFL 2015 or whatever a realism mode could be looked at that had all this. The key challenge is though, does anyone really want to play an AFL footy game where all the recognisable players slowly disappear? Probably not.

I think 4 min quarters would be best for Ranked matches since the gameplay is fast paced.

Agree +1000. I really, really hope Bigant picked up on issues with quarter length in previous titles. Three minute quarters feel really short, five minute ones a little long (i.e. sometimes you don't have 20 minutes for a game). Include four minutes quarters, or better yet let the user set quarter length manually by minute increments in the options should they choose.

I was thinking if we were to make Bigfooty leagues we could have multiple leagues, but hold competitions to decide who gets to go who before we set them out.

Or like I suggested yesterday. You're assigned a number when you enter a league, that number then gets rolled in a 1d17 random number dice and you get the team that corresponds to .

Yeah that is a pretty good idea too, but I really hope everyone takes it well since probably not many people will end up getting their club.

Agreed. But could you imagine trying to fill leagues with players that all support a different team? Might work to begin with, then you'll end up with scores of supporters from the bigger clubs without a league to play in.

That's not to say in AFL 2015 or whatever a realism mode could be looked at that had all this. The key challenge is though, does anyone really want to play an AFL footy game where all the recognisable players slowly disappear? Probably not.

I would. That's the whole point of Season/Franchise/Career/Owner Modes in other sports games, managing your team for years and sometimes dealing with and preparing for the loss of older players. What's the point of even having multiple seasons, besides stat tracking, if your team stays the same each and every year and no new players are automatically drafted or retired? Seems plain unrealistic. Do players even get older in this game or will Fletcher still be 35 years old when I'm into my 4th AFL Season?

Hope drafting and automatic retirement is added to the next game, its pretty much the basis of a good Career Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back