AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 14 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ross, just wondering if there is any difference between the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version, i own both consoles and im tossing up which too buy it for, does one look sharper than the other or are they identical. Also will be get any HD gameplay videos before the release?

Hey Ross, just wondering if there is any difference between the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version, i own both consoles and im tossing up which too buy it for, does one look sharper than the other or are they identical. Also will be get any HD gameplay videos before the release?

No difference between the two except that the PS3 allows more players, 7 on one console.

Hi guys and Ross,

Thanks everyone for your ongoing updates and video etc...VERY pumped!!

Ross,

Just wondering why a release date has not been A) chosen yet or B) announced considering speculation is around a month away or so.

Nearly all games have release dates that are in many cases months in advance. Skyrim for example is 11.11.11 and yes I know this is GOTY contender and a massive developer building hype etc but this isnt the only game that has release dates well in advance.

I know also that street dates change, however generally they are only pushed back a week or so.

Ross, please do not read this as if I am being demanding or over impatient. Yes, like us all I am hangin for this like you wouldn't believe but my question is a genuine, marketing one if you will.

Maybe because your game targets a smaller demographic and a realease date months away would require ongoing expensive marketing to uphold, whereas a shorter, call to action campaign is more effective?

Anyway, either way mine is preordered through Ballarat EB and just want to say thanks for your ongoing communication and developing what will be a totally epic footy game.

Cheers.

Hi guys and Ross,

Thanks everyone for your ongoing updates and video etc...VERY pumped!!

Ross,

Just wondering why a release date has not been A) chosen yet or B) announced considering speculation is around a month away or so.

Nearly all games have release dates that are in many cases months in advance. Skyrim for example is 11.11.11 and yes I know this is GOTY contender and a massive developer building hype etc but this isnt the only game that has release dates well in advance.

I know also that street dates change, however generally they are only pushed back a week or so.

Ross, please do not read this as if I am being demanding or over impatient. Yes, like us all I am hangin for this like you wouldn't believe but my question is a genuine, marketing one if you will.

Maybe because your game targets a smaller demographic and a realease date months away would require ongoing expensive marketing to uphold, whereas a shorter, call to action campaign is more effective?

Anyway, either way mine is preordered through Ballarat EB and just want to say thanks for your ongoing communication and developing what will be a totally epic footy game.

Cheers.

It's not for me to announce the release date, so I can't.

In my opinion the reason that the date shifts for localised titles is because you are getting it "hot off the press" - larger titles build in months of space to build up stock etc... whenver the game gets into your hands it will be still warm from pressing :)

Question for Ross or the other Big Ant Devs.

Have any cheats have been added to the game?
(i.e. Kicks can travel over 70m every time, Unable to be tackled, etc.)

Why was the thread about the AFL league deleted? Or was it moved?

Some guy goes to the effort of trying to create a league for AFL fans and someone decides to lose it in the sea of posts in this thread? Im not too sure what happened but can we get some clarification here?

Why was the thread about the AFL league deleted? Or was it moved?

Some guy goes to the effort of trying to create a league for AFL fans and someone decides to lose it in the sea of posts in this thread? Im not too sure what happened but can we get some clarification here?

Why did he create a thread here to tell us all to go to a different forum and read his thread there? Would have been better had it been a BF thread. Maybe thats why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what has been written here and the YouTube videos I've watched (that is, no gameplay experience), here's what I want to see in next year's game:

1) Better atmosphere. This can be achieved through much, much better audio. The commentary is abysmal. No excitement whatsoever. Sound effects need to be improved too. I want team-specific chants. And not all the same generic "Eagles! *clap clap clap* Eagles! *clap clap clap*", type chant for each team, but the actual chants used. Freo have a long drawn out soccer-style "Freeeeeooooo Freeeeeooooo" chant. I want that diversity replicated. Also, when certain players take possession, I want the crowd to respond accordingly. Like when Ruccuito (sp?) used to get the ball the Adelaide fans would respond with "Rooooooooooooo". And crowd noise always spikes when players like Naitanui are involved in the contest. And if the away team get several free kicks in a row, I want the home crowd to go nuts, and when the home team does finally get a free kick, there should be an ironic cheer. The crowd should boo as well.

2) Better AI, so that your CPU teammates sheppard etc. for you.

3) The ability to transfer custom content created in this year's game to next year's game (custom players, teams etc.) The abilty to transfer custom content online. Custom team songs for custom teams.

4) Gang tackling

5) Franchise mode. But done properly. It used to be in the old games, but grabbing guys in the draft named "Garry Judd" or "Bryce Goddard" really broke the suspension of disbelief. I don't know how other games do Franchise Mode, but I wouldn't bother unless you can do it right.

Obviously once I pick up my preorder I will be able to make more substantive comments. Improving the general atmosphere through much, much better audio is at the top of my wishlist for now though. This will bring the game much closer to the "real thing".

:)

Why did he create a thread here to tell us all to go to a different forum and read his thread there? Would have been better had it been a BF thread. Maybe thats why.

To perhaps create some interest in a league that noone knew about. Its not a thread on a different forum. Its a forum set up so he can run a league for others.

Thats his mistake I guess. Trying to help us enjoy our game a little more.

To perhaps create some interest in a league that noone knew about. Its not a thread on a different forum. Its a forum set up so he can run a league for others.

Thats his mistake I guess. Trying to help us enjoy our game a little more.

Tbh.. I had a quick look this morning but didnt pay much attention. I liked the theory of it, I reckon I'd get annoyed trying to run in a whole draft.

I read somewhere on BigFooty that Essendon's clash jumper in the game was an inversion of the home one, red with a black sash. If anyone here saw this, did the clash have the full sponsors on it? Because I have noticed in the videos that the heritage guernseys don't have sponsors so they are not "official/current" jumpers as such, as opposed to club approved, current on-field. On this, I would assume that if the "clash" has full sponsors then this in fact will be our 2011 clash jumper?

I read somewhere on BigFooty that Essendon's clash jumper in the game was an inversion of the home one, red with a black sash. If anyone here saw this, did the clash have the full sponsors on it? Because I have noticed in the videos that the heritage guernseys don't have sponsors so they are not "official/current" jumpers as such, as opposed to club approved, current on-field. On this, I would assume that if the "clash" has full sponsors then this in fact will be our 2011 clash jumper?

Didnt you already ask this?

well at the start they where talking about realistic so far no team songs no shaking of the hands no gang tackles just curious maybe somthing to think about for the next version...i see alot of people saying to alot of questions (dose it really matter) but at the end of the day didnt they say they wanted the game to be as realistic as it can? and as i said im pretty much just curious about it because the game has been a few years in the making just thought a few of these little things wouldev been added in it seing tho as there is no franchise mode

No, shaking hands definitely shouldn't be a priority for the next version (almost as ludicrous as sock-gate), and when they say they want the game to be realistic they are referring to the actual gameplay, which it just about looks as though they have nailed that.

To Ross,

Things i would like in 2012:
1. Updates throughout the season updating the players, if that is not already included.
2. Commentary- needs to be up to shape as someone pointed out before you can name like the top 5 players with 5 or so quotes, i know it is hard but i would be something to work on, and i know we have gone over this. Ditch Wicked Witch!!! They are horrible:eek:
3. Season mode ( i know that you are looking at it)
4. Be a pro mode (also you are looking at this)
5. Maybe like a fifa like feature where you are at the start menu and you can play around and kick goals.
6. Ranked and Unranked matches.
7. Fast players are dominant speed wise, alwyn davey, franklin.
8. The crowd needs a bit touching up.
9. Awards such as All-australian, rising star, best and fairest.
10. Also a draft system where you can look at the skill of players as they are in the nab draft. I remember seeing a basketball game and you could play 1vs1 to see if the player was good or not. Also introduce VFL where you get reports back on who has done well in the matches.

Overall it appears to be a all round excellent performance. I believe it is a game that you can build future generations off and everyone has to start somewhere. Just to let you know i have pre-ordered the game. If it appears to be that am making out that their are floors in the game im not, i absolutely look forward to playing this game online and winning the badge. It's just a few ideas and feedback from someone who has played a variety of sports games and past afl games. I understand that you are probably in the making for the next AFL game offering my opinion.

THANKS!!!!:D

Yeah because every club's reserves play in the VFL.

No VFL unless all other state league are included. and if be a pro is to be included in the future it will need all the state leagues, so you can choose your path to the AFL and once drafted play in the proper reserves of the club you are drafted to if not good enough for seniors. (even though there is no team from tasmania in the AFL, i would like to see the tassie state league included for be a pro, so we can choose our path to the AFL through any aussie rules state).

Besides how about will hold off on what we want in the next version until this version is released and we get more than a few screenshots, a trailer and test playing at a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back