AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 14 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well at the start they where talking about realistic so far no team songs no shaking of the hands no gang tackles just curious maybe somthing to think about for the next version...i see alot of people saying to alot of questions (dose it really matter) but at the end of the day didnt they say they wanted the game to be as realistic as it can? and as i said im pretty much just curious about it because the game has been a few years in the making just thought a few of these little things wouldev been added in it seing tho as there is no franchise mode
to be honest, when i play games like 2K11 and the court sweeper boy gets in my way with as much force as shaq would, i get a bit over the whole 'realism' obsession

do i want to watch my players get off their bus before every game? not really no

do i want to see my team slowly walk into the change room at half time? is there any point to it?

adding extra things for 'realism' is generally a waste of time and money in my opinion, i'd prefer those resources to go into making the actual game better and avoiding horrible bugs that weaken your confidence in the brand

and those complaining about commentary, have you ever played another sports game??
the commentary on all sport games is horrible

the amount of times i've heard about the lebrons move to south beach from doris burke is sickening, and did you know that Ally McCoist would love to play football these days?? i do, cos it gets mentioned just about every time i go for a header in FIFA.

well at the start they where talking about realistic so far no team songs no shaking of the hands no gang tackles just curious maybe somthing to think about for the next version...i see alot of people saying to alot of questions (dose it really matter) but at the end of the day didnt they say they wanted the game to be as realistic as it can? and as i said im pretty much just curious about it because the game has been a few years in the making just thought a few of these little things wouldev been added in it seing tho as there is no franchise mode

Realistic gameplay mate.
Who gives a flying toss about shaking hands and whatnot anyway.

I've already played with them at chadstone and i didnt bother to check !:eek:
But does soon enough mean when its released? :confused::)

It could mean in 24 hours when the 15th placed team is revealed!

I realize that bigant developed this game but who has it at the moment? The publishers? Who are they exactly? Tru blu?

What may be worthwhile for the BF community to do is wait for 2011 version to be released prior to making suggestions for what to include in 2012.

Looking ahead however, if feasible, I'm sure a few members of the BF community would love to assist Big Ant with ideas, suggestions, brainstorming or even testing on the new versions of the games...

Is anyone else getting ****ing sick of that Rango popup music coming on at the top of the thread whenever your mouse rolls over it?

If you've got Firefox use AdBlock Plus. As for the animated advert, Chief is aware of this and he has asked BIG in US to not push out ads like that to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as sock height is adjustable in the next edition I'll be happy :p

Really pumped to get this game hurry th f$&@ up tru blu with some sort of release date.

If you've got Firefox use AdBlock Plus. As for the animated advert, Chief is aware of this and he has asked BIG in US to not push out ads like that to us.

I should probably just pay up for premium membership :p

The game hasn't even come out and people are making wish lists for the next version.:confused: Give the guys a spell.

The next game has often started development before the previous game has been released. I don't know about Big Ant though. Either way though pointing out what we'd like in the next iteration can only be a good thing when Big Ant come to see where they can improve.

I'm pretty sure I could tell the Melbourne lineup off by heart reasonably well:

F: Jurrah Dunn Wona
HF: Watts Bate Petterd
C: Davey Trengove Scully
HB: Macdonald Rivers Grimes
B: Garland Frawley Bartram
Foll: Jamar Moloney Jones

I can't remember the bench but I think that was the starting lineup. I'll be interested to see how good my memory is.

Hmm.. From what I've heard the commentary sounds just like AFL 2004, no offence but even AFL 99 had better commentary than AFL 2004. I could be wrong and the duo could deliver some great lines but that's just what I see so far. The commentary in AFL 2004 was too predictable and unrealistic.. On TV you will hear commentators talking about players, comparing, analysing, throwing a joke every now and then. You know what I mean, you can't always predict what the commentators are going to say.

I dusted off the AFL 99 CD to hear the commentary.. Bruce McAvaney and Leigh Matthews made a great duo. They were excited and made unexpected comments and delivered with enthusiasm. Every comment was basically Bruce talking to Lee about what's happening on field and Leigh responding but these recorded as one sound file not seperate files with pauses and changes of tone.

Bruce: "He's always been renowned for a high flyer, that might be the daddy of them all - Leigh: "Agh it was just a fantastic skill of modern footy when players can jump onto the pack and bring the ball down, oh the crowd love it and so do we".

Even at the opening bounce the commentary was great, "The siren sound at the start of the game, we've been waiting for this, good bounce and the two ruckman go at it".

But yeah I don't know you have to listen to more of them it just worked great and EA did a good job back then. I hope Big Ant look at AFL 99 for next version :thumbsu:

Just saw the video with the commentary. I didn't really think it was all that bad, I think it'll be 100% better then the other games (not hard :p ) but they were alright at the time. The only thing i found even slightly annoying was the sound of the whistle every time there was a mark, but thats one thing that I'll definitely get used to. But while there is always something to complain about and most of us here seem to be able to do that bloody well, the gameplay looks brilliant, the presentation pre game looks very crisp but the game just looks all round fun ! 29 DAYS !!

Well, people wanted realism...

I'm pretty sure I could tell the Melbourne lineup off by heart reasonably well:

F: Jurrah Dunn Wona
HF: Watts Bate Petterd
C: Davey Trengove Scully
HB: Macdonald Rivers Grimes
B: Garland Frawley Bartram
Foll: Jamar Moloney Jones

I can't remember the bench but I think that was the starting lineup. I'll be interested to see how good my memory is.
Green starting on the bench:confused:, I'll be pretty happy though if thats the side :)

NBA 2k11 has the coolest intros of all sports games. You see players coming off the bus in their suit and in the locker room and all kids of awesome things. Even then, you still skip them most of the time so you can get straight to the action.

One intro idea that would really rock my jocks would be to have, like 2K11 does, the TV intro before the game starts.

If you could get 7/9/10/FOX's (whoever wins the next rights) intros and graphics and start them for their specific games (7/9 Friday, 9/10/FOX Saturday, 7/9/FOX Sunday), that would blow my mind.

Completely useless addition in the grand scheme of things, yes, but it's something I've always wanted to see in an AFL/NRL/Rugby game.

(Also, if 7 wins the rights again, making you wait an hour to play the game whilst watching BH&G is probably too realistic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back