AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 14 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Double post.

-Can we reset every team back to default if we want? Saw we like trade 50 players and want default teams can we hit reset?

No.

You'd have to buy a new game and a new 360/PS3 to reset the teams.

To Ross,

Things i would like in 2012:
1. Updates throughout the season updating the players, if that is not already included.
2. Commentary- needs to be up to shape as someone pointed out before you can name like the top 5 players with 5 or so quotes, i know it is hard but i would be something to work on, and i know we have gone over this. Ditch Wicked Witch!!! They are horrible:eek:
3. Season mode ( i know that you are looking at it)
4. Be a pro mode (also you are looking at this)
5. Maybe like a fifa like feature where you are at the start menu and you can play around and kick goals.
6. Ranked and Unranked matches.
7. Fast players are dominant speed wise, alwyn davey, franklin.
8. The crowd needs a bit touching up.
9. Awards such as All-australian, rising star, best and fairest.
10. Also a draft system where you can look at the skill of players as they are in the nab draft. I remember seeing a basketball game and you could play 1vs1 to see if the player was good or not. Also introduce VFL where you get reports back on who has done well in the matches.

Overall it appears to be a all round excellent performance. I believe it is a game that you can build future generations off and everyone has to start somewhere. Just to let you know i have pre-ordered the game. If it appears to be that am making out that their are floors in the game im not, i absolutely look forward to playing this game online and winning the badge. It's just a few ideas and feedback from someone who has played a variety of sports games and past afl games. I understand that you are probably in the making for the next AFL game offering my opinion.

THANKS!!!!:D

and the 16th team, without Fev on board, is Bribane.... sad for Qld :(

brisbane.jpg

So the ladder so far is:

16 - Brisbane 28 - 88.26%
17 - Gold Coast 16 - 62.97%

THIS TEAM IS WAY OFF!!!!!!

mcgrath merret adcock
drummond maguire patfull
power black rockliff
ploking. brown banfield
buchanan clark staker
leuenberg. redden rich
polec harwood hawksley
hanley

is what it should be!!!

2 Things will happen in my Collingwood season:

1. Without cheating, Seamus McNamara and Alex Fasolo will become superstars for the Pies!

2. Fevola back to Carlton

this game is going to be great thanks ross & the rest of the people who were involved for taking on the challenge :) .
does anyone know if their is going to be ranked matches ? im guessing their is .

Hey Ross, loving the idea of a discussion thread and your work in getting the news out to the people who are going to really appreciate this. Quick questions that I didn't see had been asked before.

1. What is the default quarter length? 5 mins? Will I be able to change it?

2. If I put my quarter length to 20 mins, can I save in the middle of a game (example: half time)

3. Does anything special happen for quarter breaks?

4. In AFL 98 (still the best of the AFL games to this date) if you bumped someone from behind it was a push in the back. Is this in the new game or something similiar or something completely different?

5. This may seem a bit immature, but can players get into punch ups in this game? I remember AFL 99 had that feature. Nothing like Paul Roos leaving Wayne Carey doubled over on the ground in pain :D.

Hey Ross, loving the idea of a discussion thread and your work in getting the news out to the people who are going to really appreciate this. Quick questions that I didn't see had been asked before.

1. What is the default quarter length? 5 mins? Will I be able to change it?

2. If I put my quarter length to 20 mins, can I save in the middle of a game (example: half time)

3. Does anything special happen for quarter breaks?

4. In AFL 98 (still the best of the AFL games to this date) if you bumped someone from behind it was a push in the back. Is this in the new game or something similiar or something completely different?

5. This may seem a bit immature, but can players get into punch ups in this game? I remember AFL 99 had that feature. Nothing like Paul Roos leaving Wayne Carey doubled over on the ground in pain :D.

1. You can change the quarter length. The default quarter length for online games is 4 minutes.

3. Nothing amazingly special. Stats appear as they do on TV.

5. No fighting.

It is WA. They're a little, what's the word, "behind" the times. ;)

Afterall, someone thought it was a good idea to name a town 'Cockburn'. :p

We also have Innaloo and Upper Swan :D

but no daylight saving... so yeah we are a bit behind

any chance of hearing the punt road end going off with the tiger army song at 3qtr time? even for that matter the grog squad belting out thier best?

rediculous question but not impossible =)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but the difference is this: in AFL Live if you set it to 20 minutes you will get unrealistic scores, if you set it to 12 minutes on NBA 2K11 you get realistic scores. What I'm getting at is there really isn't any need to set the quarters to 20, so the feature really isn't needed, whereas in NBA, setting it to 12 minutes is a logical decision and thus the feature is needed there.

That will not happen. Seems remarkably pointless. Why would you start a 20 minute game if you dont have time to play it?
Unexpected family emergency, pregnant wife/girlfriend going into labour, tsunami in Japan...

Question:
Is there a button such as LB/L1 in FIFA that allows you to call in a 2nd player to make a run nearby and help out the guy with the ball?

Sorry if it's already been answered, couldnt be bothered scouring 1000 pages

Question:
Is there a button such as LB/L1 in FIFA that allows you to call in a 2nd player to make a run nearby and help out the guy with the ball?

Sorry if it's already been answered, couldnt be bothered scouring 1000 pages
Uhm... :eek:

FIFA 11... call a player in... make a run... LB...

Was wondering if the same thing could happen in this, cause looking at the videos it seems like the player holding the footy gets stranded with guys closing in on him.

Pretty self explanitory I would've thought.

FIFA 11... call a player in... make a run... LB...

Was wondering if the same thing could happen in this, cause looking at the videos it seems like the player holding the footy gets stranded with guys closing in on him.

Pretty self explanitory I would've thought.
Read it wrong, my mistake. :thumbsu:

This guy. :eek:

The commentary doesn't sound great in this game, but it's not so much the pauses (which are barely noticeable compared to older games)... it's just the level of excitement shown by Commetti and BT is lacking. They don't seem to deliver their lines with much gusto and it just sounds like they're reading a script (especially BT). Don't seem to have much chemisty between them.

Maybe an idea for the next game would be to have them watch some in-game footage, or even real life footage, and allow them to just talk about it as normal, would make it seem so much more natural. Also, it might be an idea to remove all the two part lines. Instead of having them say "Today's game at.." then "the MCG..", tie it up into the one line. Makes it so much smoother and removes any change in tone between the two parts.

Still, the gameplay is looking awesome which is the most important thing. This game looks a ripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back