AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross, feel free not to answer this but how much did it cost Big Ant to make the game. Also if anyone knows how much games like FIFA cost to make please say, I would like a comparison... Thanks!
:)

Ross, once you have released all the teams lists, will you release the extra teams too?

Will do.

Of course anyone could be taking screenshots at the play sessions :)

Ross, feel free not to answer this but how much did it cost Big Ant to make the game. Also if anyone knows how much games like FIFA cost to make please say, I would like a comparison... Thanks!
:)

FIFA has had more than US$500,000,000 spent on it so far through all editions.

Madden spent more on their menu system than we spent on our entire game. They spent us$45,000,000 on the last iteration.

FIFA has had more than US$500,000,000 spent on it so far through all editions.

Madden spent more on their menu system than we spent on our entire game. They spent us$45,000,000 on the last iteration.

WOW!!! Shit that's a ridiculous amount of money! Thanks Ross.:D

Thanks! Always appreciate positive feedback, especially as this was the first play session I didn't attend. It's like letting my baby loose on the world :)

You will be pleased to know Ross that I took very good care of your baby tonight in the two and a half hours in which I played.

Guys, I will have another review of sorts up within the next 15 minutes or so. I'll also be providing a YouTube clip of relatively good quality (I could hold my phone up close to the tv) and screenshots of the All Star and Indigenous All Star lineups.

The game has been delayed once, for reasons beyond our control, and the product is all the better for it, not "far too many times".

If you know something I don't that will effect the release date then please share it - I have seen no new info on here or elsewhere that comes from any credible source as to change the date or "feel it will happen again".

I am saying sometime mid-april to the 21st as that is my best guess, it's an educated guess, but it's a guess.

to my understaning when the game was first announced to be developed it was supposed to be ready around the start of the 2010 afl season. clearly that didnt happen, then it was supposedly coming out at the end of the season, but then we were informed as you said the game was delayed for reasons beyond your control, then by going back to prevoius threads i noticed we were told the first three months of 2011 was a resonabale date to expect a release of the game, but it is now march and the game is, supposedely coming out in another month and a bit. not having a go at you at all ross but i think i am well within reason to be a little skeptical on a new release date.

You will be pleased to know Ross that I took very good care of your baby tonight in the two and a half hours in which I played.

Guys, I will have another review of sorts up within the next 15 minutes or so. I'll also be providing a YouTube clip of relatively good quality (I could hold my phone up close to the tv) and screenshots of the All Star and Indigenous All Star lineups.

Cheers mate, looking forward to that. You have been a pure godsend in the past week answering everyone's questions and giving us your opinions in these play-through sesh's.

Wow, you got to play for 2.5 hours!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to my understaning when the game was first announced to be developed it was supposed to be ready around the start of the 2010 afl season. clearly that didnt happen, then it was supposedly coming out at the end of the season, but then we were informed as you said the game was delayed for reasons beyond your control, then by going back to prevoius threads i noticed we were told the first three months of 2011 was a resonabale date to expect a release of the game, but it is now march and the game is, supposedely coming out in another month and a bit. not having a go at you at all ross but i think i am well within reason to be a little skeptical on a new release date.

I have only ever given two hard dates, last year which was postponed for obvious reasons, to this year within the first three months. As the date has moved closer then that 3 months I had hoped for has become has become approx 3.5 - 3.75 months or thereabouts - not a bad effort at guessing the dates imho. Please remember how late the draft is and that the sponsors haven't all been finalised even now. It's a really hard moving target.

We have finished development and there is one thing you can be sure of, it will be out as soon as we can physically make it so - it's in all of our interests.

Cheers mate, looking forward to that. You have been a pure godsend in the past week answering everyone's questions and giving us your opinions in these play-through sesh's.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Sounds like they're gunning for your BigAnt badge mate. ;)

I am bloody scared... this wasn't meant to happen :)

Whens the preview or whatever coming?

Yeah melbournemartin, where's this bloody preview or whatever! lol! Good to see someone else getting hammered! Tip - don't ever, ever give a timeline for delivery :)

Can I assume you played as North? If you did, did you find it OK player wise? (I ask as people are worried that they aren't competitive enough.) BTW you get more XP when you play as lower ranked teams, huge advantage for those who support teams currently in the "rebuilding" phase.

I did not as I wasn't choosing the teams, but I don't mind them being ranked low as I like a challenge, like how I don't pick Man U in Fifa, I'd rather build up a smaller team.

I couldn't really judge the different feel with better teams, playing as Geelong and Melbourne, but that's probably due to the unfamiliar control system as I am used to the Xbox controller.

Either way, I really like the gameplay and the fact that it is actually hard to do things e.g contested mark, ruck and set shots. You have done really well on this account.

Yeah melbournemartin, where's this bloody preview or whatever! lol! Good to see someone else getting hammered! Tip - don't ever, ever give a timeline for delivery :)
Come at me Ross

srsly tho, I am keen on a preview, and reply to my PM Ross haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back