AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a little overdue, i went to a demo in northlands and had a play of the game, great control, love the ruck work, (only ever lost 1, won about 30ish :D), and the tackling and fending controls work great, didnt get much deeper into gameplay than that for the first time ever playing the game it was great.

onto the actual movement aspect of gameplay, ive noticed from lots of footage before i got to test the game and also when i played myself, the movement of players is quite unnatural, the turning circle is pretty much non existant, players seem as though they can change directions wayy too easily, the moment its especially noticable is when players on the mark move from side to side, its just too fast, and looks very unnatural

i think this is just a little something that BigAnt should look at polishing up in 2012, especially while sprinting, changing directions should be much harder (fifa players will understand what im talking about, you would let go of sprint to *dance* around a player somewhat, that allows you to change directions faster than if u were to hold sprint)

for the record, this is not a knock on the game, i love it and will definitely be pre-ordering soon, just a little something i noticed that i havnt seen mentioned

Awesome news on the demo session but I don't think I'll go, I've got nobody to go with and I'm not going into the city by myself, could change though.
It's nearing release date so I wont be going. That & work..
If the game wasn't out til finals time I'd be keen to see it.

Friday night so the city shops will be open late. I'd imagine a few more people at this play test than some of the others.
Loads of young bogans, the type that always play the instore demos all day til they get a chance to pinch themselves a PS3 in a housebreak. :p

sorry guy i was half looking at the screen half looking at something else I was just asking when we will be getting the next line up you don't have to go on and on about it

Probably a little overdue, i went to a demo in northlands and had a play of the game, great control, love the ruck work, (only ever lost 1, won about 30ish :D), and the tackling and fending controls work great, didnt get much deeper into gameplay than that for the first time ever playing the game it was great.

onto the actual movement aspect of gameplay, ive noticed from lots of footage before i got to test the game and also when i played myself, the movement of players is quite unnatural, the turning circle is pretty much non existant, players seem as though they can change directions wayy too easily, the moment its especially noticable is when players on the mark move from side to side, its just too fast, and looks very unnatural

i think this is just a little something that BigAnt should look at polishing up in 2012, especially while sprinting, changing directions should be much harder (fifa players will understand what im talking about, you would let go of sprint to *dance* around a player somewhat, that allows you to change directions faster than if u were to hold sprint)

for the record, this is not a knock on the game, i love it and will definitely be pre-ordering soon, just a little something i noticed that i havnt seen mentioned

It's not that we don't have the ability to do it, it is a design decision made on purpose.

You want to handball, you instantly handball, you want to turn, you instantly turn - otherwise if you impose "real world" inertia etc.. then the game would seem laggy.

It's not that we don't have the ability to do it, it is a design decision made on purpose.

You want to handball, you instantly handball, you want to turn, you instantly turn - otherwise if you impose "real world" inertia etc.. then the game would seem laggy.

You know the thing I love about the replies from Ross (and I am being totally genuine here)....there is always a logical explanation that has been thought of in the development faze that enhances gameplay. There is never excuses or stories attached as to why not or even why it is.

I applaud not only this game and the amount of time Ross is on here, but I am also extremely impressed with the no BS, informative replies.

Hey Ross have you had any indication from Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo when the game could be approved or is it just a sit and wait until they are ready thing? Also just wondering if you are seeking approval from microsoft and sony in regards to releasing DLC/Updates on PSN & Live? Sorry if this has been asked before, so many posts i dont remember them all.

Hey Ross have you had any indication from Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo when the game could be approved or is it just a sit and wait until they are ready thing? Also just wondering if you are seeking approval from microsoft and sony in regards to releasing DLC/Updates on PSN & Live? Sorry if this has been asked before, so many posts i dont remember them all.

I can only discuss Sony and Microsoft, and not in detail, as this would overstep my bounds with Tru Blu/HES who really are the guys to thank for having this game come out. It's true that we executed the plan, however Tru Blu/HES are the guys who continually put their money on the line for these local games.

EDIT: Of course I can say that I want it all - live updates, avatars, you name it.. however we need to be commercially minded and work within the frameworks that the platform holders Sony and MS provide locally in Australia.

Don't need to worry about 2 profiles, I was told by one of the devs that when you edit a team, rather than modify the official team, a copied team is made with each of your changes. Eg, WHEN you cut Raph Clarke, the St Kilda side remains the same, but a new St Kilda custom side is created with the change.

Hmm.. sounds good in theory but could be a bit of a double-edged sword as there are only 18 custom team slots.

If player attributes are adjusted does this create a custom team as well or is it only when players are shifted from team to team?

Hmm.. sounds good in theory but could be a bit of a double-edged sword as there are only 18 custom team slots.

If player attributes are adjusted does this create a custom team as well or is it only when players are shifted from team to team?

Once you touch a team it becomes a "custom" team, otherwise people would be able to break the cap and you wouldn't know other than them having a "5 star" rating when the highest AFL teams are 4.5 stars.

EDIT: Of course you do have separate custom team slots for each of the profiles you set up.

I can only discuss Sony and Microsoft, and not in detail, as this would overstep my bounds with Tru Blu/HES who really are the guys to thank for having this game come out. It's true that we executed the plan, however Tru Blu/HES are the guys who continually put their money on the line for these local games.

EDIT: Of course I can say that I want it all - live updates, avatars, you name it.. however we need to be commercially minded and work within the frameworks that the platform holders Sony and MS provide locally in Australia.

Cool, thanks for the response, lets hope you get what you want, you guys deserve it.

Cool, thanks for the response, lets hope you get what you want, you guys deserve it.

Hi Ross

Has there been any indication regarding Microsoft's situation in Japan delaying in the approval of the xbox version

Also since W.A & S.A now have play session is there any chance Brisbane or even the Gold Coast might get one?

This is fantastic news to me. Unfortunately, video games can be a little too simulating that they then become unreallistic. I don't want to "pre-plan" my moves. I want to think "kick" and immediately kick, not be one step behind.

I recently bought a PS3 just for AFL, and I borrowed games like NBA2K10 to tide me over until its out. So many rage quits of NBA... it's just not enjoyable. I used to love the old school NBA games. You want to shoot? Shoot! Block? Block! Now I have to pre-plan everything and it is just so ridiculous. I have an open man, but by the time he gets his shit together to shoot after I've hit the shoot button (or stick), a defender is in his face. Gah.

So glad that AFL won't be doing this crap. Props. :):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know the thing I love about the replies from Ross (and I am being totally genuine here)....there is always a logical explanation that has been thought of in the development faze that enhances gameplay. There is never excuses or stories attached as to why not or even why it is.

I applaud not only this game and the amount of time Ross is on here, but I am also extremely impressed with the no BS, informative replies.

Naturally there will be a logical explanation of everything he says mate. Do you really expect him to come on here and say 'The player doesnt immediately spin because we couldnt be bothered with that over things like the goal kicking?' Of course not! lol but Ross has done a tremendous job even with putting up for us and our questions since July last year.

Well done Ross, still gonna whup ya online mate sorry but business is business! Carlton have NO business ever beating Collingwood!! ;)

From the TruBlu Facebook page...

"Added a New AFL Play Session in SA at Gametraders Marion. Saturday 26th March - 12 to 4pm."

Nice, i might actually be able to go to that one! It's an hour and a bit away from here but could be worth it.

Port and Essendon
port.jpg

Essendon.jpg

did we get the other lineup, who was it ? last night we where due for one.?

Yeah, I'm sorry, I left the list at home! You were meant to get it last night.... I can tell you that Jay4P was right!

My bets are on Port Adelaide, then Essendon, then North Melbourne.

NorthMelbourne.jpg

Now before you North boys get stuck into me, the Big Ant Cup (the competition to find the best at Big Ant was won by Francis and Andy playing as North....)

Yeah, I'm sorry, I left the list at home! You were meant to get it last night.... I can tell you that Jay4P was right!

NorthMelbourne.jpg

Now before you North boys get stuck into me, the Big Ant Cup (the competition to find the best at Big Ant was won by Francis and Andy playing as North....)

That's very close to the side I would pick for 2011. Good job Big Ant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back