AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, screw your big event. We all want AFL Live as soon as possible.

In all seriousness, i am not too fussed, but with the amount of orders i have, if it breaks early, its going to be a real pain. If it was a game that we had hardly any orders,

TBH, i have never had a game with this many orders break a street date. The only problem this time, my store is the exception and not the norm (Ie COD) where everyone has enormous amounts of orders

I have rostered extra staff for the actual street date of the game (21st) to keep up with the sheer number of people coming in to get it

If it goes early, suddenly i have a shitload of people standing in a line and only the 2 staff on, as for everyone who has left a mobile number, head office send a text, they all come in (and there is an insane amount of orders) wanting their game. they miss out on some good service due to a massive line, we get rushed and it is not a good experience for anyone

Plus we then have to call all the people that have left a landline telling them to come and get straight away in the middle of that

it will be touhg if it goes early.

On top of that, my wife is still very pregnant, if i get the call that baby is on its way, i'm outta there

Highly doubt that

And confirmed.....

Don't shoot the messenger. I called up the retail stores and was told by Big W that they get their deliveries on a Thursday, and Kmart said (usually) on a Thursday. I just assumed that if their only delivery was on a Thursday, then it would be illogical to get it midway or late on the day of release, considering all the sales they could miss out on prior to shelving the copies, hence why I assumed it would be this Thursday.

On that Glenn. If the date gets broken will the launch events still go ahead?

I would say so, as a lot of planning (and purchasing of giveaways and food etc) have gone ahead

I really want it to keep its date, i know that upsets a lot of you, but a day or 2 is not that long to wait. I get annoyed with the amount of calls i get a day or 2 before big releases "ïs it out yet" really grates you when you hear it 50 + times in a day

On top of that, my wife is still very pregnant, if i get the call that baby is on its way, i'm outta there

Congrats!

I'm sure some desperate 12 year olds would be more concerned about getting a copy of AFL Live though than your little one.

Don't shoot the messenger. I called up the retail stores and was told by Big W that they get their deliveries on a Thursday, and Kmart said (usually) on a Thursday. I just assumed that if their only delivery was on a Thursday, then it would be illogical to get it midway or late on the day of release, considering all the sales they could miss out on prior to shelving the copies, hence why I assumed it would be this Thursday.

Im not shooting the messenger, i know for a fact when retailers get their deliveries of games. And i know they don't get it a week before

The earliest ive seen a game come in was for BLOPS (5 days) and thats cos we got so many copies we needed to confirm they were all there and counted for, and then find space to put the bloody things

I also know, its not unusual for BIG W, Target etc to not get their stock of certain games until the actual date, as they are always the biggest culprits in dates being broken

Vendors just don't trust em

Damn liars (at Kmart at least). I'd assume Big W wouldn't be too different then. Although I have heard instances of them breaking release dates before. Does anyone know how early??

Go into a Kmart and Big W on the Wednesday , if it's not on show ask them to have a look out the back in the boxes of stock that came in that day. I would suggest going into one of those stores after say 4-5pm on Wednesday the 20th. If there's no embargo there is a good chance they'll sell it to you because it's unlikely they'll know the "official release date". The only reason why they won't is because the game may be on sale in a new catalogue the next day and they want to keep all the copies for that.

One thing to keep in mind is that stores like Kmart and Big W may have the game on sale cheaper on the Thursday (because that's when a new catalouge will start) so if they do allow you to get it say on the Wednesday you may get the RRP rather that the sale price.

Ross i have got a question:
How offten does it rain in season mode?

Also how many weather options are there?

i think there is about two or three.

Sunny
Random
Rainy

I cant remmeber for sure.

there is also settings as to whether there is wind or not.

I would say so, as a lot of planning (and purchasing of giveaways and food etc) have gone ahead

I really want it to keep its date, i know that upsets a lot of you, but a day or 2 is not that long to wait. I get annoyed with the amount of calls i get a day or 2 before big releases "ïs it out yet" really grates you when you hear it 50 + times in a day

Yeah I get that. You don't really have much of a choice about selling if someone else does break it though. If I lived in Perth I would be first one at your store on the 21st

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just preordered, must say the Kalgoorlie EB did pretty well Service wise and with the set up. They have a big Stall dedicated to AFL Live, nother to Portal 2. Also, the covers have been set up for weeks now, under the Coming soon section of Wii, PS3 and 360. Not that all the others would have the same stuff, but seeing as how were a regional town, far away from anywhere, it's alright

I actually don't have a thick skin at all, I just can't tell people what I think of them :)

It does help when I do a search of the usual suspects posting history and have a laugh... especially when you see five posts in a row, days apart, with "disappointing blah blah blah" - absolute brain surgeons :rolleyes:

I'd get some experience with the AI locally, or even better, against a friend, before going online if you want to be competitive. Otherwise just jump online, early days I think it will be a pretty level playing field. Those that play FIFA a bit will have an advantage.

The CEO of BigAnt making condescending comments towards those not glowing with praise for the game - classy. Who's the "brain surgeon" again? Obviously you have trouble taking criticism. I can see you typing a lot of snide, condescending, defensive posts ala your response to Jason Cartwright's article, when the poor reviews come in. Have fun with that.

Hopefully in the next year or two you'll get the memo on what's required to make a decent AFL game, although judging by your attitude I won't be holding my breath.

In all seriousness, i am not too fussed, but with the amount of orders i have, if it breaks early, its going to be a real pain. If it was a game that we had hardly any orders,

TBH, i have never had a game with this many orders break a street date. The only problem this time, my store is the exception and not the norm (Ie COD) where everyone has enormous amounts of orders

I have rostered extra staff for the actual street date of the game (21st) to keep up with the sheer number of people coming in to get it

If it goes early, suddenly i have a shitload of people standing in a line and only the 2 staff on, as for everyone who has left a mobile number, head office send a text, they all come in (and there is an insane amount of orders) wanting their game. they miss out on some good service due to a massive line, we get rushed and it is not a good experience for anyone

Plus we then have to call all the people that have left a landline telling them to come and get straight away in the middle of that

it will be touhg if it goes early.

The reason I said "if I can" is because it may well not get to the stores until the last minute, which means it's a moot point anyway (the disks have been duplicated, however the timing of the shipments is not in any way in my control).

I do feel for you Glenno, I know you have put everything into this presale, I'd never thought about the logistics from your side of the desk.

The CEO of BigAnt making condescending comments towards those not glowing with praise for the game - classy. Who's the "brain surgeon" again? Obviously you have trouble taking criticism. I can see you typing a lot of snide, condescending, defensive posts ala your response to Jason Cartwright's article, when the poor reviews come in. Have fun with that.

Hopefully in the next year or two you'll get the memo on what's required to make a decent AFL game, although judging by your attitude I won't be holding my breath.

Did you think I was talking about you? No. mate, I want to get you on board as a consultant to implement all of the astounding, positive, ground breaking ideas you've put forward. No really, I really mean it.

I think anyone would struggle taking criticism for a project they have invested so much time and $ into

This is his life and livelyhood, the thing thats kept him away from his family for longer than usual periods. Do you expect him to be a robot and reply all lovey dovey to criticism? No, hes going to defend it, as he believes in the project and what it has become (a very good game and base for future AFL games)

And Jason Cartwrights article (if its the one from techau) was a complete and utter joke (and troll even) so Ross had every right to defend his game's position in that situation

I'm sure Ross will not go and blast every reviewer who may not think the game is much chop, provided they analyse the game in a sensible manner and provide constructive feedback. Not "ïts shit"

The reason I said "if I can" is because it may well not get to the stores until the last minute, which means it's a moot point anyway (the disks have been duplicated, however the timing of the shipments is not in any way in my control).

I do feel for you Glenno, I know you have put everything into this presale, I'd never thought about the logistics from your side of the desk.

Its all good, we'll handle it, i'm just trying to maximise my profits here too :thumbsu:

And the best way for us is for it to come out on the day when i'm rostered for it

I understand you just want your game out there and to sell a butt load to get us a future AFL title

Did you think I was talking about you? No. mate, I want to get you on board as a consultant to implement all of the astounding, positive, ground breaking ideas you've put forward. No really, I really mean it.

:D:D

I think anyone would struggle taking criticism for a project they have invested so much time and $ into

This is his life and livelyhood, the thing thats kept him away from his family for longer than usual periods. Do you expect him to be a robot and reply all lovey dovey to criticism? No, hes going to defend it, as he believes in the project and what it has become (a very good game and base for future AFL games)

And Jason Cartwrights article (if its the one from techau) was a complete and utter joke (and troll even) so Ross had every right to defend his game's position in that situation

I'm sure Ross will not go and blast every reviewer who may not think the game is much chop, provided they analyse the game in a sensible manner and provide constructive feedback. Not "ïts shit"

I am happy to take constructive criticism but I won't cop the "it's shit" (quoting Glenno). To be clear, apart from the usual suspects, I have been the most negative on the game and tried to be upfront about what is in and out of the game.

There is no Be a Pro, No Franchise, sharing teams online, etc.. and I expect reviewers to call me on that and we will lose marks - totally fair and expected.

I am glad Number12 has seen fit to defend and align himslef with Jason Cartwright's "article", makes things a lot clearer for everyone.

EDIT: Sorry Ant - noted...

If I remember right we Will have dedicated severs for online? Say the release date is broken will the servers be ready or will we have to wait?

It's peer to peer via PSN and XBLA, there are no servers currently set up.

We have done intensive tests and played between NZ and all Aussie states without lag on pretty standard links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back