AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately they don't get muddy, the ball and general play is effected by the wet eg. marks are more difficult or are on the chest, kick distance is less if the ball is wet, accuracy also, umps give a bit more leeway on holding the ball, the ball is thrown up instead of bounced (except at start of qtrs)...
I'm fine with this. In most cases, the players don't actually get muddy, more wet with blades of grass sticking to them.

On top of that, my wife is still very pregnant, if i get the call that baby is on its way, i'm outta there
Congrats Glenno. All the best for the future. :thumbsu:

The game definitely will be ready for the 21st - the disks have been pressed.
Well what the hell are we doing sitting around here then? Tell me where to go and I'll be there! :D

I was in the Perth EB store tody and the assistant showed me an email from the WA Area Manager (maybe Tim something??) and he was pretty glowing in his comments. He went to Glenno's store's demo.

There will obviously be criticism of the game, and i think Ross is the first person to accept that, but we have to recognise that we only have access to the CEO of the developer, and express that criticism if need be, because he's been good enough to put himself on here and be open to it.

I know the Techau review (or what has been written here) isn't a criticsim of Ross, but you have to be fair and allow some human emotion to come into his response, we are after all on an open forum, very informal, specualting about the game. If Ross makes a crack about something or other, it doesnt make him unprofessional or anti-feedback, that was his reaction to hearing it in the context of this forum.

Almost everyday someone thanks Ross for answering their question about the game, lets not lose sight of that good will and be a little forgiving if you think Ross is getting defensive.

It takes time for the shipping of the disks, then assembley and then Individual shipments out to the stores.

Interesting, it sound like the games will be stuck at wherever it is being made for a little bit yet.

Where is it being made exactly?..... Got an address handy? Operating hours? Even better, do you have blueprints detailing the location of cameras and the fastest way to the production line?

Just out of curiosity, of course.

I reached a new low tonight.

I went and got out my old playstation and played some AFL 99 for a few hours. Helped cure the cravings a bit, may have to do it a few more times between now and the 21st.

God I can't wait for this game!

Thought I'd just post this now since the release date is getting so close.

Would just like to thank Ross for coming on here and talking about the game. It's something that I'm sure everyone on here appreciates and its really been great to hear from the CEO of a company talking about his baby (so to speak). The amount of time you have spared to answer the thousands of questions over 17 threads ( :eek: !!! ) is greatly appreciated and I think its great to see a company really keen to reach out and discuss the game with the fans, especially with sports games.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for coming on here and providing us with all the details about the upcoming game. All the best with sales and I am eagerly awaiting the 21st as are many others. Hopefully it exceeds your sales targets :)

Well if you wanna get picky, it's not a CD either. DVD for 360 and Blu-Ray for PS3 :p

Ha. I knew I was gonna be picked up on that but was to lazy to try and edit it from my phone lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at a EB a couple of weeks ago and a guy working there told me that you are capable of playing VFL SANFL WAFL etc in this edition, can anyone confirm or deny.

Sorry if already been posted on here...

No you can't, only in the Wii version.

I think that is a bit of a mind-blow for people.

A WII GAME HAVING MORE FEATURES THAN A PS3/360/PC GAME?!?!?

When you consider depth in gameplay though, I'm pretty sure it won't be the case. I of course haven't played the Wii version yet though but I may give it a shot when it comes out.

Is it harder kicking accurately when sprinting?

It is, particularily at goal.

Also, the only way you'll give a free kick in the tackle is if you are sprinting while doing it (sometimes you get away with it, sometimes not).

So Collingwood defeat Geelong to set up a GF Replay...

Geelong.jpg

The Brownlow goes as follows:

Kerr 20
Davey 18
Deledio 17

I think that is a bit of a mind-blow for people.

A WII GAME HAVING MORE FEATURES THAN A PS3/360/PC GAME?!?!?

When you consider depth in gameplay though, I'm pretty sure it won't be the case. I of course haven't played the Wii version yet though but I may give it a shot when it comes out.

The Wii has a stronger feature list and I am sure that it seems strange to many. The issue is the depth of features and graphical quality that the Wii can handle, and of course the style of gameplay.

As the Ps3/Xbox systems have a greater capacity with regards to memory and graphics it commensuratley takes longer to code and implement the feature set related to those elements.

I personally like the Wii game a lot and think Wicked Witch have done a great job, I will be playing it with my younger children.

Ross, you don't have to go into detail or anything, but does anything 'special' happen when you draw a Grand Final?

I'm not sure as I've never done it! I'll find out and get back to you - I must say that's the sort of thing that's close to a "spoiler" and there may be people who just want to find out for themselves :)

I'll probably get bagged for this but the store I pre-order at has to be the store I pick it up from right. See I don't live in Melbourne and the closest JB/EB is in Ballarat 40 mins away. I'll be in Melbourne at the time so I'm just trying to work out where to pre-order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back