AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please get some new footage from the play tests! I think a few people, myself included, are going insane waiting for some new footage to arrive!!

Gonna pop into JB Hifi Doncaster this Wednesday, hopefully no one else will be there so I can play for a fair while.

School holidays so I doubt there would be hardly anyone there.

What time is the play test from? Wouldn't mind heading up there on my lunch break to check it out if I can.

Cheers

Hey Ross, is there any chance that if the game doesn't get released this thursday (a week early) is it possible for it to be released on, saturday, sunday or Monday.
Cos i really need to do somethin on the school holidays.:):):)

the game is not coming out this thursday, glenno and ross have stated that it is extremely doubtful that stores will receive shipments this week, and judging on prior release dates broken, its will mostly likely be one day early or maybe two.

i wouldnt hold your breath

Hey Ross, is there any chance that if the game doesn't get released this thursday (a week early) is it possible for it to be released on, saturday, sunday or Monday.
Cos i really need to do somethin on the school holidays.:):):)

It won't get released before the 21st. If a store breaks the release date then everyone will start selling it - don't expect that before Monday at the earliest, and remember, the date might not be broken at all.

Hi guys, I'm Matt and I'm a liveholic

Lol - very funny :)

Ross, will you be venturing onto these forums post-release?

I certainly will. Hopefully we can get some good feedback that leads to improvements in the game.

Hey, I've got a question..

I like all the team setups so far and think they are very well selected, but with the geelong line up, i'm hoping to put menzel and duncan in my team but i'm worried that like in previous afl games the difference between all the starting team compared to the other players in the squad will be a drastic difference? sorry if i made no sense, while writing this i was confusing myself haha. :D

The *final* play session is at Big Ant HQ as follows:

Friday 15th April
8am - 11am
Food Court, Ground Floor
271 Collins Street, enter near the Lindt Chocolate shop

We will have designers, coders, and myself on hand at various times to discuss all things AFL Live. We also will have some posters to give out to those that win matches on the day :)

Hey, I've got a question..

I like all the team setups so far and think they are very well selected, but with the geelong line up, i'm hoping to put menzel and duncan in my team but i'm worried that like in previous afl games the difference between all the starting team compared to the other players in the squad will be a drastic difference? sorry if i made no sense, while writing this i was confusing myself haha. :D

You'll be fine as long as you are replacing reasonable players with reasonable players.

Hi Ross and everyone else,

My friend and I have a cool idea regarding our much anticipated MP sessions.

Our idea is to mirror our Supercoach teams and play against each other together with Supercoach team names.

The Village idiots vs The Ninja Turtles!!

My first question is, how much is the salary cap and would it be possible to replicate our Supercoach teams given this amount?

We are thinking of coming up with our own draft system so we dont have the same players eg Judd or Deliedio.

Anyway, is this idea possible please?

Sorry if its been asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly will. Hopefully we can get some good feedback that leads to improvements in the game.

Awesome :) Already we have similar ideas for improving the next game (improved off-the-ball AI leading to more realistic play (shepherding, blocking etc.)) so I look forward to passing on a few more ideas once I get to actually play the game :p Based on the YouTube clips I reckon most of my ideas will be related to improved sound leading to a more authentic atmosphere, but phone camera footage doesn't lend itself well to being able to pick up the in-game sound effects very well so I'll definitely wait until I can experience it for myself before making any real suggestions :)

PS: You have an Xbox friends request pending from me :)

The *final* play session is at Big Ant HQ as follows:

Friday 15th April
8am - 11am
Food Court, Ground Floor
271 Collins Street, enter near the Lindt Chocolate shop

We will have designers, coders, and myself on hand at various times to discuss all things AFL Live. We also will have some posters to give out to those that win matches on the day :)

I had originally planned not to attend any of these sessions. But this is very tempting.

I really want to be able to discover the game for myself.

For me this is just like presents under the Christmas tree for a child. I know that I will have to wait anyway. I know that it will spoil the surprise. I know that it will make it even harder to wait to the big day.
BUT I REALLY WANT IT.

I haven't seen people record footage for a long time now....

Unfortunately that's been due to the crummy EB tvs being too small.

Only 10 more days guys!

Ross, do the worst rated players in the game take up very little salary cap room?

I'm just worried that people could pack their reserves with these jokers and then pump the starting 22 with guns when they make a custom team.

If this is the case, do you have any worries about people possibly exploiting this?

Also, when you edit a player's stats, does that create a copy of him in the create a player and does it force the team to become a "footy factory" marked team?

EDIT: One last thing, did you ever consider making some teams have an upperhand on other teams regardless of their rating? It's evident St Kilda are useless against Essendon, so was there a possibility of having a "real team rating" and a "modified team rating" (either higher or lower) when playing specific teams?

Big Ant have just confirmed that the disks are pressed via Facebook.

I am now officially very exited

Now once the retailers have it, time to try and get that date broken

Some stat's kept during the season (there are more):

Collingwood_Pendlebury_Stats.jpg

Collingwood_Player_Stats.jpg

Ross, do the worst rated players in the game take up very little salary cap room?

I'm just worried that people could pack their reserves with these jokers and then pump the starting 22 with guns when they make a custom team.

If this is the case, do you have any worries about people possibly exploiting this?

That's why the cap is reduced to 7M instead of 10M.

Unfortunately that's been due to the crummy EB tvs being too small.

Only 10 more days guys!

I think I am very fortunate that I wont be able to go to any more playtests as now my first week of holidays are dedicated entirely to work. Before I know it, (hopefully) it will be next Monday and I'll only have to wait a few more days. That said, it would've been nice to go on Friday and chat to Ross and the various staff at Big Ant.

You'll be fine as long as you are replacing reasonable players with reasonable players.
I think this is what Cat 4 Life is getting at - Menzel and Duncan look like being more than reasonable players, but this may not be reflected in their original stats. But I guess that's where the stats editing comes into play?

Some stat's kept during the season (there are more):

They look great. Looks very well laid out, got a feeling i'll be spending a bit of time in that area. Can you give us any info on the form guide? Does the up arrow mean form is going up, or is already at the highest level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back