AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 19 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

As promised here are my first impressions.

As soon as I fired up my 360 I jumped straight into a single match. Freo V Lions at Patersons Stadium. (I am not sure but I think I may have been on the lowest difficulty - if that is the default one). Ruck contests took a little while to get used to as did marking. But once you started linking up hand passes it was great. I played as both teams for a bit and got the Lions out to a 28 point lead. Before switching back to Freo and storming home to .. um... well... tie the game :p

Ruck contests are pretty good fun and interesting. But the thing that was disappointing to me was set shot goal kicking. It is pretty damn easy. I like the way Big Ant have done it as it is really fun to do. But I had 9 set shots in that game and didn't miss any. Even with the wind. However having shots on the run can be a bit hit and miss sometimes. (I hit the post with barlow twice). Most of my behinds where either punched through or just long bombs from 50+. If your having a shot inside 40, there is a fair chance you will drill it.

The game was a tackle fest, which I didn't mind as it was a good struggle. Marking once you got used to it was great. It was rather difficult and you get a good sense of achievement if you take down a great grab! I took a hanger with Barlow, totally not expecting it. Specky's are all about timing.

Overall it was great fun and I am still getting the hang of it. The graphics are pretty good and the animations slick.

Well done the guys at BigAnt.

Now if you would excuse me :thumbsu::p

You answered my question from above purpleblood, a bit disappointed to hear set shots are easy.

Well yes they where much easier to get used to compared to the other games. But far more interesting to do. The thing I liked about it was some players where better at it then others. I am just in the middle of one game right now and Chris Mayne definitely is more difficult to shoot straight, he arks quite a bit even with not much power. (I snuck the 2 shots I had with Mayne in :p) Where as Pavlich is just about a shoe-in every time.

I am just wondering if when I start to play on the more difficult settings, if the set-shots would be more difficult? That I am not sure.

You answered my question from above purpleblood, a bit disappointed to hear set shots are easy.

I'd be interested to hear what difficulty purpleblood's game was on as apparently it makes it harder the higher the difficulty. Also wind conditions? Tight angle set shots?

So jealous right now btw :eek:

This forum has gone into meltdown quicker than fukashima. Just release the game down here already!

Loving the manual too! It certainly looks better than most you get these days

I've been to heaps of stores in Brisbane City/Indooroopilly and none of them say that they have the game in stock. They've stated that they won't have it in stock until Wednesday.

I saw some dude wrote about a Toowoomba EB having it in stock. Is this true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woohoooo :D
img0903z.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/i/img0903z.jpg

Congrats to you and other WA members who have the game :thumbsu: :D

Might need to have a 24 (or 12) hour trip to WA in order to get it.... j/k :p

I've been to heaps of stores in Brisbane City/Indooroopilly and none of them say that they have the game in stock. They've stated that they won't have it in stock until Wednesday.

I saw some dude wrote about a Toowoomba EB having it in stock. Is this true?

That was me. When I asked if they had any copies of it she said "Yeah, but I can't release it until the 21st". Said she hadn't heard about the release date being broken but asked where and which store was selling it so I told her...Hopefully she is checking with head office or something and I'll try again tomorrow.

just spoke to eb in elizabeth street... he told me the date is pushed forward TUESDAY... but he isnt expecting stock till monday arvo...i told him about chadstone and he doesnt understand how chadstone would have it b4 the city stores...and the guy un the city store is always on the ball wen it comes to this stuff ..he has never let me down !

Basically what can be summised from this whole escapade is that Melbourne will receive their copies on Monday at best, while regional/rural areas of Victoria seem to have it already in some cases, or will receive it at the same time.

For our Geelong people, I would imagine you would be the same unless you receive it tonight/tomorrow which I doubt.

The only reason Chadstone EB Games already has copies is because they're getting an absolute ShitTonne before Thursday and probably had to spread out their load over a few days.

So, in terms of Victoria, can we refrain from posting unless there is a store that is guaranteed to be selling it? I know I'm not the Mod of this thread, but Ant had to delete a lot of posts yesterday due to speculation and I'd imagine he's going to have to do it again today already, without extra posts on possible stores.

In the meantime, can we take discussion on stores here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=814270

It's going to save Ant, Ross and people wanting to ask questions a lot of time.

just spoke to eb in elizabeth street... he told me the date is pushed forward TUESDAY... but he isnt expecting stock till monday arvo...i told him about chadstone and he doesnt understand how chadstone would have it b4 the city stores...and the guy un the city store is always on the ball wen it comes to this stuff ..he has never let me down !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back