AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 20 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is what it is. If you remember that its the first effort by BigAnt with a small budget, you'll like it.

It's far from perfect, but it's an AFL game.

Positives
1. It's fun, and really, isn't that all that matters?
2. Solid gameplay, against far from perfect, but theres no massive game breaking flaws.
3. Marking/Ruckwork - two things integral to AFL, and without anything really that similar in other games. Both work really well, a massive plus.
4. 90's WCE Song - love it

Guys seriously, sprinting is horrible. Stephen Hill and Hayden Ballantyne are barely noticably faster then any other bloke. In the training mode I was sprinting with stanton and stopped sprinting, there just isn't a break of pace. Sure there is a fine balance but they should take a look at the way FIFA has done it, they have the perfect balance IMO.

I had my first couple of online matches, won the first one by 5 goals and the second one by 8 goals.

Gamer tag is jimmy401 for those who are wondering. (My brother and I share accounts = cheaper ;)

Cheers. Would you mind posting some stats of slow players for comparison please?

mclean - accel 64 speed 65
warnock - accel 50 speed 78
spencer - accel 50 speed 52
ball - accel 65 speed 69
dal santo accel 57 speed 58 penis 4

theres a clear difference in stats but the difference isnt that clear in game - not to me anyway ..(yet??)

c rioli - acceleration 89 speed 93
judd - acceleration 83 speed 79
garlett - acceleration 88 speed 90
dangerfield - accel 92 speed 87
s.hill - accel 94 speed 90
wojincski - accel 80 speen 89

slow players
d.cox - acc 60, speed 65
priddis - acc 74, speecd 59
q stick - a 76, s 70

anton hamp (my sponsored player) - acc 86, speed 90, made me lol

mclean - accel 64 speed 65
warnock - accel 50 speed 78
spencer - accel 50 speed 52
ball - accel 65 speed 69
dal santo accel 57 speed 58 penis 4

theres a clear difference in stats but the difference isnt that clear in game - not to me anyway ..(yet??)

Cheers.

I think we see here somewhere that custom editing can help, if you can be bothered that is.

Spencer (who is very slow) has a speed and accelation of 50. I can't imagine there being many players slower than him so there are about 50 skill points wasted below him. To make the differences in speeds greater I guess we would have to turn down the speed of some of the slower players. This would work in a relative sense. We can't add to the speed of the quicker players much because they are almost maxed.

What are Jeff's stats like?

Tackle 71
Kick 69
Kick Distance 72
Goal Kick 68
Hanball 59
Strength 51
Agility 71
Acceleration 79
Run Speed 67
Sprint Speed 67
Endurance 66
Recovery 80
Jump 59
Pick Up Ball 75
Bump 60
Injury 52
Condition 38
Consistency 37

didnt mind in FIFA00 that your custom players started crap because as you played on the players improved. i hope it happens in this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is you raise a player's stats will the upgraded player/team become custom?

I'm pretty sure that is the case. I just hope that doesn't make the salary cap too restrictive.

So, a couple of questions because this thread is starting to massively confuse me.

Can you add custom players to an existing team?

How are custom players valued?

Can you play an offline season using a team exceeding the 7m cap?

1. Yes, I think it then makes that team custom (double check with people who have the game though)
  2. Custom players are valued on their stats, so you can make them as good or as bad as you want so as they can fit in your salary cap
  3. Yes, the 7M restriction is only for online use.

Well I finished the Season Proper today as West Coast, 5 minute quarters on Pro. Masten was the Brownlow Medallist, and Lynch won the Coleman. Now to win the finals!

Massive bug. Not happy.

Seriously though, they seem pretty bad in this game. I hope this is fixed in the next version
With all due respect, they are certainly performing better than anybody expected them to.

With all due respect, they are certainly performing better than anybody expected them to.
For sure. Before this Season started I would have expected this in the Game.

Big Ant weren't to know Essendon would perform this well, so definitely not having a go at them. Just hope Essendon are a lot better in the next Version

For sure. Before this Season started I would have expected this in the Game.

Big Ant weren't to know Essendon would perform this well, so definitely not having a go at them. Just hope Essendon are a lot better in the next Version
If they finish higher on the ladder, they're sure to be better in the next game. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back