AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 20 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier today man I went into EB and spoke to the manager stock should be there from 11am-1pm he says and they are waiting for someone else to break the street date in Melbourne. If what I read on here is correct, EB, JB and Big W (I Think) all in Chadstone are planning to release the game tomorrow so all you gotta do is call your EB and let them know and if you present your pre-order receipt....done!
How in the hell did I miss this?!

You are like a lovely, disgusting, feral, Collingwood-supporting hero. :thumbsu:

You are like a lovely, disgusting, feral, Collingwood-supporting hero. :thumbsu:

No problems, like I said though that EB part is ENTIRELY from me, however the Chaddy part came from a few others so I'll definitely be calling them up before I go into my own EB...but lets hope!

No problems, like I said though that EB part is ENTIRELY from me, however the Chaddy part came from a few others so I'll definitely be calling them up before I go into my own EB...but lets hope!

I would call them and then call up your local EB tomorrow so you don't waste your time going down there.

My EB is getting it tomorrow so I assume I will not have to prove it's been released. I seriously reckon I'm the only person from here to not have this game in WA. Also going to the freo game only makes me want this more. If I was Mark Harvey I would drop Palmer and Pitt stupid idiots especially Palmer he really pisses me off.

Hey bud, on the Facebook page, they answered a kid with " If the street date is broken for AFL then we will be letting everybody know, don't worry:)"

So that pretty much means that they will sell when they have the stock.

That's awesome brah. Surely we can break it tomorrow and be playing it by tomorrow afternoon. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey bud, on the Facebook page, they answered a kid with " If the street date is broken for AFL then we will be letting everybody know, don't worry:)"

So that pretty much means that they will sell when they have the stock.
Cheers buddy. :)

Tomorrow is looking more and more likely. Thank f*ck the dog is getting his balls chopped off tomorrow morning and won't be giving me the shits all night. ;)

On a serious note, poor dog.

early impressions - awful

on kade simpson off warnock?

yeah really !?!?

every player runs at the same pace - you cant pick up the ball and accelerate away

as soon as you get the ball you are tackled

holding the ball is very very harsh

i seem to get pinged for high tackles every 3rd or 4th play

and the kickout counting as a possession is bloody annoying

commentary hasnt annoyed me at all yet suprisingly

controls are very hard to get used to which is probably a good thing

I've heard JB are pretty strict with their release dates so if the street dates are broken do you think they might hold back a few days or just bring it out when they get their stock?

edit - and yes I know some responses will be "why would they wait to release it and lose sales" but im just curious on how strict they are on sticking to release dates.

TAFE kids are back on Wednesday, yeah?

Umm not me, got on holidays last Thursday I'm on for 2 exact weeks but I doubt ill be goin back for just the Friday...I aint no sucka! lol

BTW, We should compile a list of stores tomorrow that we can call and get info from I guess the top 3 would be EB, JB and Big W in Chaddy, as well as Target and various others. That way only 2 or 3 of us can call at different points of the day instead of 50 of us at once!

early impressions - awful

on kade simpson off warnock?

yeah really !?!?

every player runs at the same pace - you cant pick up the ball and accelerate away

as soon as you get the ball you are tackled

holding the ball is very very harsh

i seem to get pinged for high tackles every 3rd or 4th play

and the kickout counting as a possession is bloody annoying

commentary hasnt annoyed me at all yet suprisingly

controls are very hard to get used to which is probably a good thing

not trying to shoot down your criticism, but i remember hearing if you try to handball it away while your getting tackled the umpire will be less harsh.

Overall - I love the game. The game play, graphics etc are excellent. The ability to switch the play, use the whole ground and create space is excellent and VERY important....!

There has been a lot said about the commentary and yes its not great but it does flow with the game and you don't really pay too much attention to it. Dennis Cometti does come out with some old lines from 2006 and 2007:
"Goal! When he's on song he sings a mighty good song".
"He sends it long but not always in the right post code".
"Rushed behind. Fans of both sides seem unhappy about that one"".

One other thing that isn't great. The AI kicks the ball "out on the full" way too often when they are coming out of defence.

Otherwise, I have won the nab cup, created two teams (WA State of Origin and SA State of Origin) and played against the Vics. Half way through the season and I am working my way up the ladder.

Ross is so right - handball is your best friend - especially in the middle. You need to handball (both to a player and to open space) to create space and let your midfield runners do their stuff.

Love the game - love the game! Great job Ross. :thumbsu:

I thought that we could only create one team, or was that just to play a 18 team season with the current 17 and 1 custom?

and

If we can create more than one team, could i create GWS and Darwin, remove kangaroos and send Hawks to Tasmania so i can have a custom 18 team comp? Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back